Lack of good infantry maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of good infantry maps?

Does anyone else feel there is a lack of good infantry maps? Karkand is good but it's the only one. Don't get me wrong, tanks and choppers are fun but part of the fun is the variation of infantry kits. I think others must feel the same way due to the popularity of Karkand. Any suggestions for good infantry maps? Maybe in SF or EF? Or even a less popular BF map.

Re: Lack of good infantry maps?

sharqi is the best infantry map imo. karkand is full of armor.

Comment

well yea thats one thing that i dont like about bf2, i mean i love the jets, tanks, apc's but it would be nice to have a some good infantry maps
      "and no i dont want to go play css before some cocky git comes alone, if i did id play it"
      i got euro forces the other day and must say the great wall is a good map with infantry
      as for normal bf2 there only really 3 karkand, Mashtuur city and sharq

Comment

It's not liek the art a map depts could make a convincing looking city anyway. I mean I don't think anyone could imagine people living there.

Comment

I think its all pretty balanced. yes there could be one or more infrantry maps, but without sacriicing the "non-infrantry" ones.

Comment

Well, I first noticed this while attempting to get my support veterans badge. I am trying to do it without using a vehicle (just a personal thing) and found myself repeatedly going back to Karkand. PKM isn't very useful against vehicles. Then I noticed the abundance of 24/7 Karkand servers. I came up with a little hyposthesis that there may be a desire for another quality infantry map. I too feel that Sharqi would not qualify. Mashtuur is pretty good. I keep hearing good things about the Great Wall on EF. Maybe I'll check that out. I suppose people could just REALLY like Karkand but I believe it's the infantry centric aspect that is driving that.

Comment

i like sharqui and another good one is songhua

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SpungE
                It's not liek the art a map depts could make a convincing looking city anyway. I mean I don't think anyone could imagine people living there.
                http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/baghdad_cp_8128479.jpg
                Actually, people live in cities just like it. Have a look at CNN or google any city in the Middle East and look for images. It's sad to see, but true.
                It would be nice if the would just pick like 5 custom maps for use on ranked servers. So many talented map makers around.
                I'm still waiting for a MEC vs China map.

Comment

Originally posted by churnedfortaste
                  Sharqi is full of choppers
                  Yeah but choppers are hella easy to kill now.

Comment

battlefield and infantry????? they made walking impossible in this game, thanks to bunnyhopwhiners, just learn to aim maybe?
                    im back to enemy territory having some gameplay my mind likes (in battlefield walking felt like having your shoelaces tied together).
                    yeah vehicles were great, but if its only about vehicles i might as well spawn AS a tank or a jet.
                    not only ea is responsible for this crap, players are responsible for all new changes
                    goodbye

Comment

On Great Wall, the 32 player map isn't really a good infantry map. There are only two CPs inside the wall with 4 (2 uncappable) outside the wall. Too much armor and too much ground to cover to qualify as an infantry map. However, the 16 player map is an infantry map. The EU forces start with one uncappable base and PLA with 5 cappable bases. All fighting takes place inside or on the walls. Great stuff! The map can easily hold 32 or 40 players.

Comment

robodoc...spoken like a true bunny hopper...bet you're a dolphin diver too...cause you see that all the time in the news:

CNN Headline: Two Marines in Bahgdad avoided being killed today by hopping around the ground like Little Bunny Foo Foo. More at 10pm

Comment

Don't be too hard on him mic12345. robo obviously failed ESOL. And by the way he writes, his "Gobble-de-gook to English" translator plug-in isn't working very well. :laugh:

Comment

Karkand, Sharqui, Mashtuur, Wake Island are all good infantry maps. I am pretty much infantry only and I LOVE those maps for infantry.

If it were only infantry, it would be boring. However, I like how at any moment a tank can come flying around a corner and mow you down.

Comment

hey all
                              i think they should make a bf2 map centered in NYC
                              if the buildings are too big maybe then just brooklyn or queens
                              these could be just infantry maps with useable 2nd and 3rd floors with rooftops....maybe even a 64 player map with 2 uncap bases and 1 capable base centrally located (central park?) so there are many access points

another idea is have the statue of liberty as the cap point and 2 uncaps 1 in battery park and the 2nd on the jerzey side...only infantry but include boats and transport choppers only

just my 4 cents

kyle

Comment

Working...
                              X