Air superiority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air superiority

Im just curious, how many pilots provide aerial support constantly? Most of the time, i just see pilots who go for points, and dont support their team. I think that the Air-to-ground strength issues would be balanced if more pilots provided air support, and constantly hunted down opposing aircraft. So, to all you pilots who try your hardest to keep the skies frindly for the ground pounders, hats off to you.

Re: Air superiority

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=49

Comment

Dang, you're quite the pilot. Good job supporting you team in those games.

Comment

I was in the JSF F-35B too..

Comment

Good job. Good pilots are so hard to find these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghilleman
            Im just curious, how many pilots provide aerial support constantly? Most of the time, i just see pilots who go for points, and dont support their team. I think that the Air-to-ground strength issues would be balanced if more pilots provided air support, and constantly hunted down opposing aircraft. So, to all you pilots who try your hardest to keep the skies frindly for the ground pounders, hats off to you.
            I would imagine mostly clan players that doesn't care about points. Ground bombing tends to be pretty low priority in clan matches while air to air combat is important. When they play public they usually try to get better not get a better score.

Comment

Killing enemy jets isn't the fastet way to get points

Comment

that's how I operate in a jet.. air superiority is first priority, ground pounding 2nd

Comment

Quote:banthur

I know killing enemy jets isn't the fastest way to get points, but neither is being sniper (and i play sniper alot). I was asking which pilots put aside their hunger for points to help out the team, not if its extremly profitible (points wise) to kill enemy jets.

Comment

Originally posted by Banthur
                    I mark enemy jets and helicopters my first priority, because in my experience they are easier to take out then say, tanks.

Comment

What if you help out the team, and have a hunger for points..? lol. Thats what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                        What if you help out the team, and have a hunger for points..? lol. Thats what I did.
                        lol, if you know how to fly and fight.. you're gonna earn points either way.

but yeah, I prefer to support my team, rather than trying for max points.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

well, then, go ahead and sate your appetite. Those tough enemy jets taste better than infantry. They're crunchy on the outside, with a creamy pilot nugget in the middle lol.

Comment

You seem to be confused about the term "air support". By it's very definition, air support involves aircraft attacking enemy ground units in support of their own ground troops.

Personally, I do whatever I can to support my team. Air targets are a high priority, but I also enjoy giving close air support to the ground units on my team. I love the thank yous I have gotten from friendly APC and tank drivers after I save them by taking out the tank that got the drop on them, especially when it is only 20 feet away from them and I do it without damaging them at all.

Comment

I'm not confused, i know that air support involves pounding the ground troops, but many pilots do JUST that, and rarely turn twoards the sky for targets, and don't take care of the enemy who is bombing your troops.

Comment

Working...
                              X