Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unexpected shutdown of bf2 (no msg, no error)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: unexpected shutdown of bf2 (no msg, no error)

well do you have a router? do you have some bf2 ports in port forward? in game options do you got the cable or lan option marked? do the gpu or cpu is oc? did they go on high temp? did you clean the inside of your case?
    how many background programs are runing? do you have an anti virus on when playing ? try disable it while playing and see if those things make a diference. maybe down the video settings.

Comment

This is more a message of sympathy than a solution. I have a pretty good machine, SLI, water-cooled, :blabla: It's not old enough to have dust buildup and the temps are all acceptable. Despite that, I've had two BF2 shutdowns in two weeks (Wah!) . No BSOD's, no drama, it just kicks me to the desktop and I can just go back in. I'll Try Pmosh's fix tonight. Like others, this has occurred only since the latest patch install.

Comment

Over heating can cause major instability + the cause of major shut downs CTD's. How many of you guys that complain of this actually open your case and clean your hardware (i.e blow the dust out).

Have a look, you'd be suprised! - I'm talking taking the top off you gfx card and blowing all the $hit out, get that temp back down

Although we all get the "now and again crash" anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X