Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unexpected shutdown of bf2 (no msg, no error)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unexpected shutdown of bf2 (no msg, no error)

ever since 1.21, my game's been unexpectedly shutdown. so far the count is 3.

i'm in the middle of battle, and next thing i know, i'm at desktop again. no error message, no warning.....

anyone else getting this?

Re: unexpected shutdown of bf2 (no msg, no error)

noooo

Comment

Ive been getting that a lot and my pc is not old at all and has very good specs. Ill get very hard video lag and get lots of freezes. Next thing I know while Im in a chopper my game freezes hearign "Enemy infantry spo-spo-spo-spo-spo-spo-spo." BOOM I crash to desktop. Dunno whats causing it maybe its the patch.

Comment

happens to me randomly too, only happened in 1.2 as well. Never in 1.12. Never in any patches previous. Only since 1.2 and 1.21. But, it happens so rarely to me I don't really take notice...just a thing to tell me "hey, you've played long enough, get off your butt and do something!"

Comment

i get it sometimes when i plug in hed phones but thats for a different reason...

Comment

I get it too occasionaly. Not often enough to bother me much though...

Comment

server crashed

Comment

Moved to support.

Comment

I had the same every time I tried to play with 1.2. 1.21 hasn't made things any better, now it either just locks up with looping sound or I get a blue screen of death telling me something went wrong in win32k.sys or ntoskrnl.exe

Comment

The same happend to me with 1.2

I resolve it by going to:
                    \My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

And delete the folder in there, open bf2 and load a map. The optimizing shaders come up. And the game has never shut down again. :-)

Hope it work for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanuki
                      I had the same every time I tried to play with 1.2. 1.21 hasn't made things any better, now it either just locks up with looping sound or I get a blue screen of death telling me something went wrong in win32k.sys or ntoskrnl.exe
                      do you have a anti virus o anti spyware software? make some scans, that look strange :hmm:

Comment

I've tried the cache thing a million times, always with the same result. Virus and spyware scans don't find anything.

I've pretty much given up on Battlefield 2 now, after I reinstalled and the patches decided not to work any more (they just skip objects_client.zip, and still say it's succesful).

I have no problems with other games (Half Life 2, CoD2, GTA: SA, Empire at War).

Comment

Originally posted by lamah
                          ever since 1.21, my game's been unexpectedly shutdown. so far the count is 3.

i'm in the middle of battle, and next thing i know, i'm at desktop again. no error message, no warning.....

anyone else getting this?
                          Yes, 3 or 4 times now aswell since 1.2 came out, and once soo far with 1.21. My Rig is New and good, so I'm safe to say that isn't the problem, plus it never happened pre 1.2. Just another annoyance

T

Comment

I'm getting shut downs of my whole system. I get all the way to the end of the load sequence and then my system shuts down. This wasn't happening the last time I played BF2.

I've already uninstalled BF2 and my omega drivers. I reinstalled everything including the updates and I'm getting the same problem.

I need help asap. I need my gaming fix.

Thanks

Comment

I get this CTD thing also. I noticed for me that it happens most often when I am dying or being hit my something and usually only if the server is lagging a little. Possibly related to a client/server information difference? Might also be overheating?

Comment

Working...
                              X