Can artillery take out an APC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can artillery take out an APC?

Can artillery take out an APC with 100 % health? It happpend to me yesterday on a 24/7 Karkand Server. Never seen an APC taken out by artillery before and thats why I'm asking.
    In case it's true, there's just about nowhere where you can hide from artillery now. So damn annoying.

Also hit detection is rediculus right now. Shot a guy with my PKM at point plank range and saw several smoke-puffs (like 6 or so) and then the guy turns around and takes out his pistol and kills me, while he was doing this I hit another 4-5 times. None of these shots gave me the hit indicator meaning that all of them missed.
    Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, and sometimes it happens during the entire round. I lose like 10-15 kills because of this. Really sucks.

Re: Can artillery take out an APC?

Ofcorse arty can take out a apc.

I haven't noticed anythink wrong with the accuracy/detection.

Comment

Armor can be blasted by arti if the shell hits the armor right on, but it's rare.

With the hit detection thing, don't look at smokepuffs, look at the x on your crosshair. Seems more reliable.

Comment

APC: Must have been really unlucky. Never seen that happen before in all the hours I've played the game.

Hit-detection: Most of the hits I get now are smokepuffs and nearly none actual hits. That's a big problem. Not very fun to be outgunned by a pistol when using the PKM due to bad hit-detection.

Comment

Yup, both 100% hp tank and apc can be taken out by a DIRECT artillery strike hit. But as demonicfrog said it's pretty rare :P

Comment

It's not completely uncommon for arty to destroy tanks and APCs. I have even been downed by arty when flying a plane, twice.

Comment

the hit detection issue has ALWAYS been bad
              since day 1
              we ALL get the same problems
              ie
              rip a guy - see tons of hits (puffs)
              he turns and shoots
              it is NOT just your skills
              but a complicated issue of netcode matching your computer and your enemy computer and the game server all in real time
              even though I HATE that also - we are ALL stuck with it

Comment

It's happened to me before plenty. I've had it happen to me 3 times in a row once.

Comment

you were just unlucky. the arty strike must have landed just on your head

Comment

I"ve taken out tanks, apc's helos, and of course, infantry. With one arty strike.

Comment

I was a us commander on a server playing kakarand(city lvls only) and i put teh artilery right on an apc and a tank only the apc died and the tank got away with just light white smoke

Comment

Artillery can take out any vehicle in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by demonicfrog
                          Armor can be blasted by arti if the shell hits the armor right on, but it's rare.
                          My ass, it happend to me twice in one round!

Comment

its rare because artillery doesnt 'seek' onto armor like it does onto infantry (stupidly)

Comment

Originally posted by DanneDA
                              Can artillery take out an APC with 100 % health? It happpend to me yesterday on a 24/7 Karkand Server. Never seen an APC taken out by artillery before and thats why I'm asking.
                              In case it's true, there's just about nowhere where you can hide from artillery now. So damn annoying.
                              Yes it can. It can even take out a tank, but only with direct hit. As long as the shells are falling next to you, you are safe if you have 100% health.

Comment

Working...
                              X