Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Purple Heart?

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
    yea i sortof remember trying to get a purple heart...its actaully really hard...dying 20 times...i mean first...in most rounds i go like 14-10 ... i ended up killin myself a bunch of times to get it..
    The suicide button was your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
      You see what you have to have as a score to get it right? Yet it's a medal...you're thinking "it has to be something good right" (brain short circuiting).

I love all you girl scouts trying to get your badges. So hypnotized by the sparkly medals they actually have to come here and post on a forum as to whether the Purple Heart is a good thing.

Classic.
      :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by -NV-Java

The thing I find strange about this award is you could theoretically have an even worse round, (eg: 0-40 K/D), and you wouldn't get it?!?

Yes this is true but in reality you have to actually participate in combat to get it. A 0-40 round just makes you a really dumb civilian.

Comment

Originally posted by gummi467
          Yes this is true but in reality you have to actually participate in combat to get it. A 0-40 round just makes you a really dumb civilian.
          ROFL, true mate!

Was just making the point that the requirements for the medal are a bit strange, as it is possible to have a worse K/D round, and not get the purple heart...

Comment

It's basically a "you tried your best, unfortunately your best was crap" medal.

Comment

I was avoiding this medal. Was being the right word. I was trying to get my Engineer repair badge. more worried about fixing stuff. then there it was. to add insult i did not get the other badge. I laughed it off in the end, just a game.

Comment

Hmm.

getting 5-20 wouldn't be too hard for a medic with his paddles out all round long. No dishonour in that...

You could still end up with 100 team points.

Comment

I have it and it and I dont see any dishonor in it, I always thought of it as just another medal to collect. yes I did try for it, (a round when I noted I was getting close anyway) and I just always assumed quite a few people out there would have it cause they tried for it, so I aint gonna look at them and go "gee, they suck" I must admit I made sure I got a few gold/bronze/silvers before I got it. I dont see how it makes you suck if the rest of your stats say otherwise. (I aknt that good though, but still)

Comment

Originally posted by Metasynaptic
                    Hmm.

getting 5-20 wouldn't be too hard for a medic with his paddles out all round long. No dishonour in that...

You could still end up with 100 team points.
                    Exactly. As I said, when I got mine, I finished third in the round and got a bronze medal as well.

To be honest, I don't give a toss about my K/D when playing most kits, except maybe sniper :evil:

Comment

The fact that you can get multiple Purple Hearts is hilarious. I have seen medic whores that have like 20.

Comment

i didnt know you could get more than one? good thing i guess?

Comment

I'm quite proud at mine ... Spawnraper raping our entire team (last flag but no capping). I held on and killed the bastard at the end. We actually won that round, so ... I like mine

Comment

they say it's the noob medal, but who cares, if you like it , just go for it .

I found the purple heart a very nice looking medal, so I wanted it, don't care what the specs are, it looks nice, so I went in a game, and got myself a 5/20 K/D ratio and it was even fun

Comment

my friend got two purple hearts on his first ranked game...i've never gotten one

Comment

they should change the name of the medal to "I got raped at my uncap base" award. Thats where most people get theirs, I am proud of mine because I refused to hit the escape button and took my medal with dignity.

Comment

Working...
                                X