Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Heart?

Hi there!

I've stared at this medal for a long time now, checked what you need to do etc., but I don't seem to get it. UBAR (bf2s.com) tells me that I need to have killed 5 and died 20 TIMES!!! Is this medal some sort of medal awarded to all noobs out there with a 1:4 KD ratio in one round?
    I'd be pleased if someone knew the actual purpose with this medal...

Thanks in advance

Re: Purple Heart?

to make you feel better about having the worst single game of your life.......

Comment

i'm sad....i want to get ALL the medals

either that or I am rubbish

Comment

prob so you wouldnt feel so bad at sucking lol
        I got mine going for my expert knife badge (got it eventually lol)

Comment

I'm staying away from that medal... it means you sucked that round. even going for knife badges shouldn't give you that medal.

Comment

Yea you shouldnt get it for going for the knife...
            It was funny, because I didn't relize that there even was the medal until I got it. Im like wow when I recieved how I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
              Hi there!

I've stared at this medal for a long time now, checked what you need to do etc., but I don't seem to get it. UBAR (bf2s.com) tells me that I need to have killed 5 and died 20 TIMES!!! Is this medal some sort of medal awarded to all noobs out there with a 1:4 KD ratio in one round?
              I'd be pleased if someone knew the actual purpose with this medal...

Thanks in advance
              You see what you have to have as a score to get it right? Yet it's a medal...you're thinking "it has to be something good right" (brain short circuiting).

I love all you girl scouts trying to get your badges. So hypnotized by the sparkly medals they actually have to come here and post on a forum as to whether the Purple Heart is a good thing.

Classic.

Comment

yea its cool

Comment

I have no idea why they put this medal in the game - at least with the current requirements. I think it's a "You just got your ass handed to you" award

I got mine playing medic, Dalian Point I think, and was obviously getting hammered early in the round! Every time I seemed to spawn I'd be bombed, shot, or artied. Funny thing is, I ended the round with a K/D of 17/22 or something, and got a Bronze as well....

The thing I find strange about this award is you could theoretically have an even worse round, (eg: 0-40 K/D), and you wouldn't get it?!?

What I find even stranger is people trying to get the award! If you play "suicide medic", you'll probably get it by accident

Comment

I got it on Karkand going for the Knife badge, too. Obviously I haven't atained it that honor yet.

I was doing so poorly I said "wtf, lets go for it."

I noticed it is quite hard to find some one to shoot you when you actually want to be shot.

Such is life.

Comment

No need to try for the medal. It will just happen. And then you'll remember that round for the rest of your life. For me, it's a humbling award. I see it and think "I need to remember that I'm not as good as I think I am."

Comment

Never gotten it yet. I don't plan to, either. I don't think I'v even came close not to brag just its got to be hard for anyone who trys to play the game to get a purple heart.

I mean I'v got a few clan mates who have gotten it, one of them was a stoner who thought he must have all the medals for him to be a 'dank' player. He got it on purpose, and the other one well he just plays for fun, he never really trys.

Comment

Attaining the Purple Heart does not mean you suck. They have all of these wild awards with even wilder requirements. I think it is a good thing to have atleast 1 award that requires you to play like crap for a round. I plan on getting it on purpose in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                            I'm staying away from that medal... it means you sucked that round. even going for knife badges shouldn't give you that medal.
                            Bull$hit way back near when I first got the game I wanted every medal (now I know it would take ages) and basically its funny how you say you sucked that round? I remember I had the 5:20 delib, and got it then at the end of the round I ended up with like 42/23, yes I used the tank.

Comment

yea i sortof remember trying to get a purple heart...its actaully really hard...dying 20 times...i mean first...in most rounds i go like 14-10 ... i ended up killin myself a bunch of times to get it..

Comment

Working...
                              X