I love the PKM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I love the PKM

I think EA is going to realize the gun is a bit imbalanced and will correct in one of the next couple patches, because as it stands now it is the new assault class. There is no comparison to the PKM in mowing down infantry, from any range.

Comment

PKM - Powerful Killing Machine, everyone whines about how accurate and powerful it is, but look at there stats since 1.2 and see how much they use it LOL....

Comment

its is alot more effective...which at first was a shock. But now it just means that they can sometimes get a round in me before i kill them.

The support class was pretty naff before. I think the problem is not so much that theyre powerful now, its that people are used to them being naff.

Comment

For my money I've found that only two kinds of people think the PKM is balanced in its current state:

1) People who still use it like it was used pre-1.2, where burst or full auto was the only way to go, so they don't know how accurate it is on single shot
          2) People who are now whoring it nonstop for quick kills

That's great, if all you want is support troopers. I like to play other classes, too, instead of needing a PKM to counter another PKM. But if you're a spec ops soldier or an AT trooper you know mobility with your gun is your biggest advantage, but when any support trooper can just stroll around the corner and do a belly flop giving himself instant über accuracy at any range negates what little advantage those troopers had. Between that and the insane accuracy gained from single-shotting I haven't seen a legitimate argument (and no, 'because it's realistic this way' is not a legitimate argument when it comes to BF2 discussion) why the PKM should be able to be used like it can be now.

I don't know about the super ammo bags idea, but everything else PW said I agree 100% on. *Starts a petition to EA to make PW the lead on their patch team*

~Wolfgang

Comment

someone lock this already

Comment

The PKM is the ultimate infantry killer for this game, you will always win 1 on 1 and can easily get a k/d ratio of 3 in a round.

Comment

pkm requires no skill, just point and click, its nothing about tactics or hiding, because its just point and click, and there are pkmnoobs in every corner these days. The bullets go straight as laser and you never, more or less have to reload. please dont boast about owning with the pkm, because everyone can do, for myself i dont use it, simply becuase its TOO easy to kill people with. no fun

Comment

To me the Support class can finally hold its own.

As said above, ppl are used to owning a support class hands down and thats all changed.

Change your tactics and flank the person who is mowing down your troops with the PKM. Thats what working as a squad/team is for.

At the end of the day no one is going to win this argument because ppl who play support class are going to love the idea and ppl who dont are going to h8 it and visa versa for any other weapon that gets its accuracy changed etc.

just to clarify I have always played as a medic and having the PKM isnt going to change that.

like i said above, PKM troops will require a little more attention to take them down, and that makes the game alot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by baroque
                    pkm requires no skill, just point and click, its nothing about tactics or hiding, because its just point and click, and there are pkmnoobs in every corner these days. The bullets go straight as laser and you never, more or less have to reload. please dont boast about owning with the pkm, because everyone can do, for myself i dont use it, simply becuase its TOO easy to kill people with. no fun
                    true before the patch it took a good challenge and skill to hit something but now its a whoring weapon

Comment

Originally posted by IHateYou
                      Then change your name to PKM.

Seriously though, I hate that damn gun. Well.... I hate being on the recieving end of that gun.
                      Ive been PKM (PeopleKillingMachine) since Aug 30 05'
                      Been about 6 months of exclusively using the PKM for CQC.
                      I had massive kills with it before and now I can get more at a distance.
                      My only gripe is the accuracy standing or crotching, it should be totaly ineffective liek it wise before in these positions.

Comment

Yeh, it's an obscene piece of kit now.
                        The support class in general has become the massacre fest it always should have been.:evil:

Comment

The G3 still wins in close combat. Same number of shots to drop, but it's got a better rate of fire. Just hope he doesn't have too much backup 'cause that thing goes "click" too damned fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                            Fixed
                            Admit it. we all got owned by those noobtoobers b4 and vice versa

Comment

unlocked this today and it is soooo accurate, I have not played support much as the original guns were so crap. Gonna make the most of it before it gets "fixed". No wonder I have been killed some many times with it over the last few weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                                The G3 still wins in close combat. Same number of shots to drop, but it's got a better rate of fire. Just hope he doesn't have too much backup 'cause that thing goes "click" too damned fast.
                                agreed...The G3 is pretty cool too, I would play this more but mostly I play at the same game cafe with a mate, and he is pretty good at AT kit.....so he needs reloading

Comment

Working...
                                X