No 64 player maps in Euro Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 64 player maps in Euro Force

I've just used xXMMMSXx's method to get download the Euro Force booster (thanks bud ), and unless I'm missing something, (please tell me I'm missing something!) there are no 64 player maps. Now in my opinion...that sucks. I almost always play 64 player maps in regular BF2, as in my opinion they have the best balance - in a 32 player map there are far too many vehicles per people on each team.
    Now overall, I am fairly impressed with the content; the EU have a good feel to them and the weapons are cool. The maps themselves are also interesting ( I especially like Operation Smoke Screen, the oil and smoke really adds to the atmoshpere ), but without any 64 player versions, the value of the patch is greatly reduced in my mind. Why do you think EA did this, it makes no sense to me to have a 64 player version of every map (inlcuding the SF ones), but not these. Will they be added later upon release or something? What are your opinions on this?

Kesarn

Re: No 64 player maps in Euro Force

Lo m8,
    yes as far as i can see there's no 64 player map which is a bit of a let down,Hopefully once the mod groups get hold of it things may change

Cya Lata

(-=L_F=-)BraVo

Comment

I was checking it out as I just downloaded it as well. Although they are only 32 player maps it doesn't seem like it's going to be a problem fitting 64 players on them.

Found 1 server so far with 64 player slots... 70.87.123.202

The Euro forces sound like robots.

Comment

It's been stated before the there are no 64 player map sizes. 16 and 32 only. You can have 64 people on the 16 or 32 person maps.

Comment

They did this for performance issues I think. But yeah, it will suck a little bit because now rounds are going to go really fast because of the lowered ticket o****.

Comment

I do not know, but the great wall is the only one I see that 64 people on there is going to be a intense close fight. The other 2 maps are pretty wide spread. I think they will balance out fine. BTW I was able to download it early this afternoon.

Comment

This was well printed in the 1.2 patch readme (not that anyone reads them anymore) that there will be support for 16 and 32 player maps but not 64 players
              Servers can still run 64 players though if they wish..

Comment

probably had too much lag for 64 size maps. Not 64 players, but with all the extra points, vehicles etc... maybe it was as enjoyable.

Comment

Having played offline with 32 bots, I can say the maps are definatly big enough for 64 players. Even the 16 player maps are huge! So my original annoyance over no 64 player maps has lessened a bit, because you rally don't need them. What this does mean however is the maps are too big for just 32 players. Take Operation Smoke Screen as an example, on that map there are 2 Eurofighters, 2 Tigers, 4 Challenger 2's and 2 FAV's for the EU. Now, assuming there is a gunner and a pilot for each helo, that means there will be about 12 people on a 16 player team in vehicles at the same time...that doesn't look too pretty for the other 4 people . With 64 players on the same map though it would be about balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by AT39
                    ...now rounds are going to go really fast because of the lowered ticket o****.
                    Pwned by the language filter...My guess is you typoed count.

There was an odd poll on the official BF2 site trying to determine if the fanbase regularly played on large map servers...coincedence? I don't think so.

Comment

I thought that poll showed that the majority did play the larger maps...

Comment

as long as you can have 64 people in those maps im good

Comment

I don't care...personally i don't really go to maps that are more than 52-ish people. Still though, many servers can still have 64 pl;ayer maps. How do you think that servers have random numbers like 52? Servers can be pretty customizable.

Comment

Originally posted by SoupyBlister
                            I do not know, but the great wall is the only one I see that 64 people on there is going to be a intense close fight. The other 2 maps are pretty wide spread. I think they will balance out fine. BTW I was able to download it early this afternoon.
                            Did you play the larger 32 player version online? EU get two tanks, the map is pretty big.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                              This was well printed in the 1.2 patch readme (not that anyone reads them anymore) that there will be support for 16 and 32 player maps but not 64 players
                              Servers can still run 64 players though if they wish..
                              damn I was hoping for 64 player maps

Comment

Working...
                              X