STOP Complaining to EA/Dice about Claymores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STOP Complaining to EA/Dice about Claymores

I think the last patch has shown us they listen to bitching over all else, so I say full speed ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Banthur
      I think the last patch has shown us they listen to bitching over all else, so I say full speed ahead
      I agree, and I am actually proud of them, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Squeak91
        about explosives..I wish you could spot them... instead of typing quickly watch out for enemy mine/claymore/c4, but it too late and someone runs over it. Just press Q and you could spot enemy explosives
        Very good idea... at least make it an option in the drop down spot out... So you could hold 'q' then right-click and select from mines/claymores/c4

Comment

or just stop playing karkand you whores

Comment

While I like friendly fire off completely (prevents the intentional tking), I hate claymore spammers with a passion. But my issue is resolved as this will be eliminated in 1.21, so....

Comment

I don't mind the no FF. I mind the no FF AND the fact that you can't blow them up with es.

And FYI 90% of servers have no FF for mines.

Comment

Originally posted by otorhinorrhea
                I prefer the team damage on, but at the same time I miss the option of blowing them up with a grenade.....without it you have no options around claymores (regardless of team damage on/off), just my 2 cents since you actually started another thread on the subject.... not that I am giving a valuable member like SaladFork any grief for it :-)
                If they left the ability to pick a claymore up with the "g" key, that would be good. The grenade thing was annoying. You would lay a crapload of mines and some idiot tosses a grenade at them blowing them up, and giving you a bunch of tks. This is how i got most of my tks with the mines.
                The picking up looked fine in the patch video.

Comment

I don't have a problem with FF off for mines and claymores. It would be handy to be able to separate the 2 if a server may want FF off for mines but FF on for claymores.

The biggest problem with claymores is they are indestructible unless tripped over by an enemy. Please DICE/EA bring back the ability to atleast blow claymores up with grenades/noob toobs/C4 etc. I think this combined with the sniper only being able to drop 2 claymores and if they drop anymore then 1 will disappear each time is the answer.

Comment

I really like the FF off on Mines and claymores. The limit of 2 will help stop the spamming. I also agree though that they should be able to be destroyed. Hell I think C4 should be able to be destroyed by other C4.

Comment

I'm not sure how many of you played wolf: enemy territory, but the spot & destroy idea would work very will in bf2.

In enemy territory it worked like this:

An engineer could plant mines (not the same as bf2 mines, these were like claymores for people to trip).

Once your team spotted mines, they were totally visible to all team members until detonated or disarmed.

they also could not be destroyed (by nades) unless spotted.

Once spotted though, the opposing team could toss nades on them and detonate them from safety.

The bad thing about just making claymores pop from nades without being spotted first is... you get a lot of random nade spamming because no one wants to turn a corner and trip one.

However, if you allowed people to spot them not only would the random nade spam be reduced, your team could actually choose to leave the claymore armed as a tactical advantage.

In enemy territory it was common practice to spot mines for your team... then just avoid them, thus leaving them armed and keeping the opposing team at their "number of mines planted" limit.

It added a lot of depth to the game because as an engineer, if you noticed you had 2-3 mines planted in a major choke point and after 10 minutes they still had not been popped, you had to go disarm them and replant because it was obvious the other team spotted them.

A "spot & destroy" system would be great for bf2.

-Leave FF off, snipers could still use them as protection and as traps and not have to worry about dumb team mates popping them.

-Make the claymore spotting method the same as it is for all other enemy types, but once "spotted" have the skull & crossbones symbol appear and stay over the claymore until it is removed or destroyed. It might be a good idea to make the symbol a different color though, just so there is no confusion between your team's claymore plants and the enemy claymore's.

-There would not be a ton of random "claymore clearing" nade spam because they would not pop unless spotted.

-Once spotted you could choose to take out (with a nade) the claymore or you could leave it and cause the sniper to either get up and replant it (just us the "pick-up kit" key for this) or force him into a position where he has to waste a claymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X