No announcement yet.

Just got me expert Explosives badge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got me expert Explosives badge.

Originally posted by ExtraSolar
    Exactly. The awards are setup so that you have to spam.
    Agreed 100%. It's also dodgy that you can get Combat Badges by dropping Arty/Tanking/Flying. I'd really *love* to see seperate Command, Armor and Pilot "kits" that you automatically switch into when in those roles (if only a stats level).

It'd also make the Kit K more relevent because at the moment you can (for lack of a better word) pad your K by commanding/tanking ect. It would make the weapon K more accurate 'cos at the moment if you die in a tank, that death goes against the weapon you were carrying when you jumped into the tank

Comment

I guess I better try for mine too. and honestly if anyone thinks most of the expert badges could possibly be acheived in day to day play just randomly is insane (apart from 40 kills in each class). you HAVE to pick a round and try for them basically. and now they completely nerfed the C4 claymores seem to be the way to go!
      if you look at it logically on a full 64 player server with 300 ticks you have a quota of about 10 deaths and 10 kills to fulfill during the round (since if every team member, all 30 of them, each got about 10 kills you would win the round excluding revives) so basically you have to complete almost 4 times your quota just using explosives, sounds like a pretty hard ask to me. almost impossible just with mines, used to be possible with C4 but not anymore (unless your a really good suicide car bomber) so claymores is it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon14
        I guess I better try for mine too. and honestly if anyone thinks most of the expert badges could possibly be acheived in day to day play just randomly is insane (apart from 40 kills in each class). you HAVE to pick a round and try for them basically. and now they completely nerfed the C4 claymores seem to be the way to go!
        if you look at it logically on a full 64 player server with 300 ticks you have a quota of about 10 deaths and 10 kills to fulfill during the round (since if every team member, all 30 of them, each got about 10 kills you would win the round excluding revives) so basically you have to complete almost 4 times your quota just using explosives, sounds like a pretty hard ask to me. almost impossible just with mines, used to be possible with C4 but not anymore (unless your a really good suicide car bomber) so claymores is it now.
        try smaller servers with different ratios?
        i never paid attention to ratios but a handful of times ive been on smaller 32-player servers where the game lasted literally for hours. perhaps the problem is you guys keep trying to do it on 64 player servers by just hoping that the blast radius catches more people.

Comment

You cannot get 37 explosives kills through normal play, well find me a server with 32 privates on the other team, maybe then. I have tried low populated servers. Not enough kills never any ammo around, half the people in armour anyway

Dont rant at us blame EA.

Claymores arent that hard to avoid, just dont run at the fence on karkand, the majority of people who place claymores have a complete lack of imagination or intelligence.

Comment

congrats, i only got my veteran by going jihad jeep for the whole round till the opposing team asked me if i'm from iraq, i was on the mec team then btw. rofl!

Comment

Originally posted by Chowley
              Claymores arent that hard to avoid, just dont run at the fence on karkand, the majority of people who place claymores have a complete lack of imagination or intelligence.
              claymores at the fence is no big deal - i dont go that way anyway.

the problem is when the enemy runs into your spawn and places claymores at your spawn points. you spawn and die instantly before you can even take a step.

and dont tell me you dont see snipers doing that. they run around with a claymore in their hands. they bunnyhop to the nearest group of enemies with their primary goal being to plant a claymore before they die.
              or they run to the enemy spawn and get killed, but not before placing 1-2 claymores at their spawn points. since claymores are indestructible theres nothing anyone can do, its a guaranteed kill.

as for sniper+support, the two working together can wall off entire areas of the map. i saw a sniper and support guy camping an area on karkand the other night, where the sniper kept placing a neverending supply of claymores at the entrance of the building while the support guy stood on the roof and spammed hundreds of grenades from the roof. the game was not meant to be played this way.

again, if support kits only replenished rifle ammo, all 'spamming' would cease to be a problem.

Comment

congrats, it's retarted, I hate the claymores in the game, it's so lame , but you do have the golden thing you wanted

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhearted
                  again, if support kits only replenished rifle ammo, all 'spamming' would cease to be a problem.
                  I'm sure arty/scan blasting would be extra-awesome with that nerf! Our AT guys don't need missiles anyway, the DAO works great against tanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
                    I'm sure arty/scan blasting would be extra-awesome with that nerf! Our AT guys don't need missiles anyway, the DAO works great against tanks!
                    considering how few people go AT, and that you can take out 2 tanks/APCs with one kit (3 if they upped the rockets to 6) and few AT guys live that long, its by far the lesser of two evils.

right now im willing to bet that more AT guys are dying to claymore and grenade spam than they are to enemy tanks. if they fix the claymores, the sniper twinks will just switch to support and grenade spam instead.

Comment

grats I guess

Comment

Congrats man, I managed to get mine too yesterday playing Warlord in SF.
                        I got lucky and was able to spam Claymores like crazy in the palace. Got the badge with the last ticket.

Comment

I did the claymore spam a few nights ago on Karkand, whilst running around trying to get my vet pistol badge. Got me veteran explosives no pistol though.
                          What really suprised me was that the US team really diddnt seem to work out that a claymore would always be at each fence opening, i never placed them anywhere else but the kills kept on coming.
                          At least with the claymore its the enemys choice to be a Lemming, again and again and again and again (for some when you are only repativly mining a single area) unlike the days of flying c4 and the simple spawn rape. Limiting the claymores to two wont change people getting a badge in this way, you just need to be on hand to replace them once they've gone off and let the Lemmings do the hard work for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X