Is this ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this ok?

That is up to you, it may run fine, or it may be unplayable in parts. You need to get a better computer, you can purchase(like someone said above) second hand, within the past 2 yrs. and be able to transfer the ram and vid card over. You should be able to run fine after that. There is a reason for minimum requirements on games, but some people have no issues running low end pc's with newer games, you wont know till you try.

Comment

i suggest downloading the demos... try for yourself...thats the best way to know for sure.

unfortunatly youre not up to date really, im not sure what you upgraded from but the spec u have there is about 3 years off leading edge.

so that in mind there are plenty of lovely pc games out there of that age and they are all bargin bin price too...

try the original half life...
      get counterstrike for it (its a mod for HL)
      try the medal of honor series
      try bf1942 and DC
      black and white
      command and conquer generals

Comment

I hate computer salesmen they tell people anything to sell a computer, Alot of first timers are getting computers that wont run good games, i was a sucker years ago. i educated my self and built my own.

Comment

Not all salesmen work on commision. I dont, the people I work for believe we are there to inform and help people make decisions, not push a machine on someone that they will be unhappy with.

Comment

LOL and somebody told you you'd be able to play today's games on that thing?

Don't listen to that person ever again

Comment

I would def not go to BF2 first. I made that mistake and it cost me over $500 to upgrade my computer and then I got rocked day in day out for like a month tell I knew what was going on..After that it was cool but if I would do it again I would either start with a different game to get used to teh controls or play a lot more single player and unranked servers so I would of been a little better as a private. . Plus with all the performance issues with 1.2 patch I would wait tell thats ironed out before going and spending a lot of cash..

P.s 512mb of ram for BF2 IS TERRIBLE! Its not worth your time..I have a friend who has similar specs takes him up to 15 minutes to get in a game..Its pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hybird
                So would half life 2 be very laggy?
                Nope.
                Your cpu and motherboard is pretty old

Its not a bad first computer and the videocard will run everything that is out today.
                You CAN run bf2 on Low settings without lag considering I got it running on a p3 with a slightly weaker videocard.

But I strongly recommend Halflife2
                No It will not lag... mostly because the game is perfectly made.

Comment

You CAN run halflife2 without Lag.
                  You CAN run FEAR with little lag
                  You CAN run FarCry without any lag

There is a lot you can run... yet, the pc is old and soon finished.
                  The videocard makes the computer able to run all those games.
                  512mb ram... well its alright for such a cpu.

you can find an athlonXP2800 with mobo and put a gig of ram (case/PS included) for less then 300$
                  Throw in that videocard and POOFF you got a far faster gaming computer.

Do lots of research about motherboards, chipsets, support
                  Learn what mobo support what cpu
                  Learn about different videocards and their support such as agp4x(what you have), agp8x, PCIE...
                  Tom's Hardware helps you buy the best hardware and build the best PC to play, create and work..

If you like computers, computer games... dont be an ignorent one.

You have a fine starting computer, learn about it, learn how you can do cheep upgrades to get the most out of it...

If your the kind of guy who thinks... Ill get a compaq and all my problems are solved... stick to consols.
                  If your interested in getting to know what your using and all the why's
                  Tom's Hardware helps you buy the best hardware and build the best PC to play, create and work..

learn, and be a good mature gamer.

Comment

to save money
                    go to the different web sites or even the bigger gaming sites
                    almsot all games have FREE downloads
                    of demo versions of the game
                    these are all legal
                    now you can see
                    1. if they WORK on your system
                    2. of you even LIKE the game

I have not purchased a single game in over 5 years
                    unless I tested it first

(please - no flames - these are all sanctioned demos - not cracked versions)

if I lke the game - I even buy mulitple copies to put on my home LAN

Comment

Originally posted by Hybird
                      Hi, i just got my computer up graded, and they guy said I will be able to play any new PC game that is out, and ive been looking for a fun game. Do you guys think that Battlefield 2 would be a good game, for my first PC game?
                      Never trust any shop dealer that says "This computer will play and new games out". They're always liening. Goog luck with the pc, though I wouldn't reccomend bf2 for a first game. Try age of empires or the GTA series.

Comment

Working...
                      X