Is this ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this ok?

Hi, i just got my computer up graded, and they guy said I will be able to play any new PC game that is out, and ive been looking for a fun game. Do you guys think that Battlefield 2 would be a good game, for my first PC game?

Re: Is this ok?

Probably not...

It's a GREAT game...but you might want to start playing a few single player games first.

The Call of Duty series comes to mind if you're into WWII military action.

For modern combat, I recommend Full Spectrum Warrior (although it isn't FPS).

For an all-round AMAZING game, get Half-Life 2.

These sorts of games will help get you ready for the types of controls and movements required for Battlefield 2. And even then, start with single player maps until you're very comfortable before going online.

Comment

Im not even sure what I can and can not support.. I just got the Radeon 9600 XT video card, and like 500 gb of ram i think.. will this be ok?

Comment

A 9600XT and 500 GB of RAM will be ok for the games I mentioned above...but will not be good for BF2. You'll be able to run with low settings..so it won't look very nice.

Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.

Comment

Call of duty 2 is good. Looks great and has quite a good multiplayer for learning the basics. Has some depth too if you want it too (using bolt action rifles instead of sub machine guns/assualt rifles). Also has a better singleplayer than Half life 2. (In my opinion, CoD2 single player is more gritty, much more intense and overall more fun, Hl2 has loads of annoying puzzles that gets annoying after a while, especially to someone thats getting their first PC game) Also CoD2 you can do more. You can go prone, aim down sights and lean. It's quite a decent stepping stone to BF2. With HL2 you'll probably get Counterstrike but it's a game where you can't do much and generally has a immature community. (people jump around, all sorts of stupid shi!t)

Comment

That website you gave me says that I can not run call of duty 2, because i dont have enough CPU...

Comment

Half life 2 will work, its like 2 bars away from being in the "recomended" catagory, so would this game be like laggy and skippy?

Comment

What are your specs on your new pc?
                By the way, welcome to the forums!

Comment

PU
                  Minimum: Pentium III or Athlon
                  You Have: AMD Duron(tm) processor
                  FYI: Please review the CPU Speed analysis on the row below to see if you passed. The CPU & CPU Speed are linked as a requirement.
                  CPU Speed
                  Minimum: 1.2 GHz
                  You Have: 1.3 GHz
                  PASS
                  System RAM
                  Minimum: 265 MB
                  You Have: 511.5 MB
                  PASS
                  Operating System
                  Minimum: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP (95 & NT not supported)
                  You Have: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
                  PASS
                  Video Card
                  Minimum: DirectX 7 compatible Video Card
                  You Have: RADEON 9600 Family (Microsoft Corporation) (RADEON 9600 XT AGP (0x4152))
                  PASS
                  Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 16 MB , You have - 256.0 MB
                  Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
                  Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6462
                  FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.
                  DirectX Version
                  Minimum: 7.0
                  You Have: 9.0c
                  PASS
                  Sound Card
                  Minimum: Yes
                  You Have: MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
                  PASS
                  Sound Card Driver Version
                  Your driver version number is: 5.1.2535.0
                  FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
                  Free Disk Space
                  Minimum: 4.5 GB
                  You Have: 24.3 GB
                  PASS

Comment

Ouch, you are gonna wannd ditch that processor asap. if you get another 512 of ram, it will help, but the processor is really weak.

Comment

So would half life 2 be very laggy?

Comment

If you want to run anything past low settings, with little to no lag, you WILL need a faster processor and at least a gig of ram.

Comment

So will I be able to play half life 2.. or would it be very laggy?

Comment

You would probably be able to run it barely. The loading times would be very long too. You should be able to get a second hand computer with much bether specs than that for a pretty low cost.

Comment

Well as long as i could play it, and its not in slow motion.. i think i will be fine?

Comment

Working...
                              X