Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't any maps use the entire terrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't any maps use the entire terrain?

too many cpu resources would be required?

also u notice out of bounds areas have roads and buildings even on 64 player maps

why not just remove them and put static dirt so to remove the extra cpu load etc?

really makes no sense to me sometimes what stupid ea doing sometimes. :evil:

Re: Why don't any maps use the entire terrain?

For a sense of immersion, would it not be strange to have a massively populated patch of city and completely desolate land all around it on these maps?

The maps show a bit more, and have boundaries, because If they didn't have boundaries, where would they ever end? If they extended TO the red areas, they would need to create more red areas, so that the maps just don't end at a Black Wall, or 2D plastered texture, you follow?

Comment

its to add realism and performance at the same time...im not sure if all those buildings are "complete" on the part facing u is comeplete and its also part of gameplay..if u play on a 16 player map..u can still see the surroundings that would be in a 64 player map

Comment

The building are complete. They don't have any purpose, except looks.

On some servers when you die you can fly around as you wait to respawn. The weird thing is why does the land always end in water? On any map if you keep going you'll end up over a body of water.

Comment

? frankly they need new mappers...........many of the maps are garbage imo especially kubra dam seems to have no flow at all ........

lets hope these new 3 maps are actually fun.

Comment

It's much better than BF42 was. There were all kinds of inbound features that no one ever even ventured into b/c there was no flag - I'm thinking specifically of those two little villages to the north on El Alamein that would have made great flag points.

Comment

Wake uses entire map

Comment

...noshiet....

What else do you want, playable water that goes out across the Pacific till' you hit the US?

Comment

I know it's not possible right now, but it would be really cool if the maps extended into the other maps making for even larger scale battles. Maps like Mashtuur and Karkand would flow well together. Maybe Mashtuur and Oman?

Comment

all the land maps end in green water if you're able to fly out far enough. there is a limit to the map, but it'd be nice if it would just stop rendering beyond that point instead of rendering the green water...would save some resources.

Comment

IMO, and as I refered in a late thread, it's one of my issues with the game...BF2 it's seen like a "point whore game" because of the concentration of "people" on the maps DICE made...The maps should be much larger, and control points with more distance from each other...this would certainly improve team(squad)play...in a way...and give a real life aspect for the game...for the lovers of real like playing only ofcourse...(Not that I like wars in RL.

About the red stripes area, it's useless and the fact that the planes can fly in that area and infantry not, it proves that it's useless and it should be abolished...someday.!!!

EDIT:
                      Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
                      I know it's not possible right now, but it would be really cool if the maps extended into the other maps making for even larger scale battles. Maps like Mashtuur and Karkand would flow well together. Maybe Mashtuur and Oman?
                      Now thats what I'm talkin' about...Ideas??!?

Comment

Same here. The confined areas of the battlefield could be extended so people might actually use the terrain and offer some team play. It might even make the transport vehicles a lot more useful.

Maps can always go to infinity, just like JO:TR.

Comment

did anyone play joint operations by nova. i hated that game b/c if u got killed and had to spawn way back out of the action and then walk 10 minutes to get to the enemy flag and end up dying and do it all over again. bf2 would be the same way if it had open maps.

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
                            That is a great idea. You could limit the amount of players that a map could hold for the sake of performance. If you were in Karkand a message would pop up that a flag in mashtur was being taken then your crew could go defend if there was room for more players on that map. That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                              did anyone play joint operations by nova. i hated that game b/c if u got killed and had to spawn way back out of the action and then walk 10 minutes to get to the enemy flag and end up dying and do it all over again. bf2 would be the same way if it had open maps.
                              Except in bf2 you can spawn on your squad leader, and squad leaders can spawn on the commander.

I liked the bigger maps found in nova's game. I find bf2 maps too constricting, especialy sf maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X