Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATTN: ati x800 owners massive fps increase

Originally posted by Rock_FU
    lol, a 9800XT absolutely does not outperform an x800, maybe the crappy base x800.

Most widespread x800 cards are XL, XT and Pro. The 9800XT cant compete
    oddly enough my 128mb 9800 in my old PC ****s all over the x800 in my new machine...

Comment

Originally posted by el_dext0r
      oddly enough my 128mb 9800 in my old PC ****s all over the x800 in my new machine...
      perhaps you have a bad x800, I am telling you that the 9800 series does not outperform an x800, I dont even know why I should even explain it, just plain obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_FU
        perhaps you have a bad x800, I am telling you that the 9800 series does not outperform an x800, I dont even know why I should even explain it, just plain obvious.
        yeah i know, hence the "oddly enough" part :P

Comment

Originally posted by gutterboy
          Hi I don't know if this is wide spread amongst x800 owners but there is an assload of potential power in your x800, you just need to overclock. I have a saphire x800 GT and it ran BF2 like crap. I just got the new omega drivers and overclocked to 522/522.. man oh man is it awesome now. Pre over clock" 1024x768 with every setting on medium or low, no AA and no both lighting effects on low. Now with it overclocked 1280x1024 high text, high light and dy light medium everything else and 2x AA. It is leaps and bounds better. It is like a whole new video card. Just make sure you have good cooling. Mine hangs out at like 68 c. Oh, I also flashed in a new BIOS into the card. I recommend turning on the onscreen display for yout GPU temp while you are overclocking. It helps keep an eye on the card.
          What BIOS did u flash into it? I got a x800 GTO, n it seems to be struggling with AA...
          Oh and also... how do u turn on the GPU temp on ur HUD?

Comment

Originally posted by govedob
            I have x800 xl and I'm experiencing frequent crashes. I downloaded the latest drivers but it didn't help. I emailed ATI and they haven't responded at all. I'm pis$ed.
            Which XL you have ? I have gigabyte one with passive cooling, and because I installed it in old atx case that had terrible airflow, all the heat from processor / card tended to hover around the gfx card regardless of how I placed the chassis fans. This lead to crashes in BF2 due to overheating - didn't experience it in other games as much, as they didn't top the temperature constantly. Drivers didn't help at all.

I installed a tiny old cpu fan (just 2 screws) on the heatsink, this dropped the temps by about 30 C even without the extra chassis fans, and everything has been ok since.

Comment

Sup, I have a Ati x850xt AGP, and i run the game at high settings on LCD resolution.....i have no problems...I think my 2 Gbs of ram help a bit...

Overclocking is a bit risky

Comment

Got a connect3D x800xl and with my 2GbRAM I run Wake 64 on the 1200something, most med and texture,geo and some stuff on high + 4xAA and gets me about 50fps.

on denser areas, like karkand I'll turn it down to 1024something and most med to get a good stable fps

Anyway, looks sweet on my LCD

Oh, and I really dont recommend OCing, not worth the few extra fps imo for the increase in risk and whatnot. Ofcourse some have good luck in OCing but those are few

Comment

Originally posted by gutterboy
                  Hi I don't know if this is wide spread amongst x800 owners but there is an assload of potential power in your x800, you just need to overclock. I have a saphire x800 GT and it ran BF2 like crap. I just got the new omega drivers and overclocked to 522/522.. man oh man is it awesome now. Pre over clock" 1024x768 with every setting on medium or low, no AA and no both lighting effects on low. Now with it overclocked 1280x1024 high text, high light and dy light medium everything else and 2x AA. It is leaps and bounds better. It is like a whole new video card. Just make sure you have good cooling. Mine hangs out at like 68 c. Oh, I also flashed in a new BIOS into the card. I recommend turning on the onscreen display for yout GPU temp while you are overclocking. It helps keep an eye on the card.
                  Its your CPU man. You cave a Cadlilac of a card with a bad cpu, your not going to get any performance out of it.
                  Make sure your FSB is over 400, atleast 500, I recomend 800 min.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicRadio
                    n00b ^
                    If you are going to post like that then you are not welcome to post in this section.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                      If you are going to post like that then you are not welcome to post in this section.
                      lol, is noob like the new "F" word now ? :P

Comment

son has x800xl
                        works great not OC
                        never crashes
                        1280 x 1024
                        2aa
                        all else on high
                        NO shadows
                        NO dynamic lights
                        avg 70-90 fps all the time
                        (we run with fps on to always keep track)

2.5 gb standard ram
                        P4 3.2Ghz

Comment

Originally posted by redearedslider
                          lol, is noob like the new "F" word now ? :P
                          No, it's the total lack of respect for others on a forum that is offensive, I am not at all surprised you did not understand it though looking at your warning record...

Anyway back to topic.

Comment

Originally posted by markan dorka
                            Which XL you have ? I have gigabyte one with passive cooling, and because I installed it in old atx case that had terrible airflow, all the heat from processor / card tended to hover around the gfx card regardless of how I placed the chassis fans. This lead to crashes in BF2 due to overheating - didn't experience it in other games as much, as they didn't top the temperature constantly. Drivers didn't help at all.

I installed a tiny old cpu fan (just 2 screws) on the heatsink, this dropped the temps by about 30 C even without the extra chassis fans, and everything has been ok since.
                            Mine is original ATI X800 XL, so ATI chip on ATI board. I put a cooling fan on the case, but it's not helping. This is the only game that's crashing on me, and I don't know if it's temperature related.

Comment

Yea i have an Ati Radeon x800xl aswell. At times bf2 crashes and its the only game that crashes. I already have a fan bac there but it might not be enough. I could try putting another fan back there and cool it down.

Comment

I have an X800GTO2 that I overclocked to 534/585 and flashed the bios to open all 16 pipelines with 2 gigs of ram on a 3.0gig P4. I get 70's to 90's with FRAPS and everythijng set on high. Hell of an upgrade from my X300 that I used to have. 3D mark 05 in the low 6000's.

Comment

Working...
                                X