ATTN: ati x800 owners massive fps increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: ati x800 owners massive fps increase

Hi I don't know if this is wide spread amongst x800 owners but there is an assload of potential power in your x800, you just need to overclock. I have a saphire x800 GT and it ran BF2 like crap. I just got the new omega drivers and overclocked to 522/522.. man oh man is it awesome now. Pre over clock" 1024x768 with every setting on medium or low, no AA and no both lighting effects on low. Now with it overclocked 1280x1024 high text, high light and dy light medium everything else and 2x AA. It is leaps and bounds better. It is like a whole new video card. Just make sure you have good cooling. Mine hangs out at like 68 c. Oh, I also flashed in a new BIOS into the card. I recommend turning on the onscreen display for yout GPU temp while you are overclocking. It helps keep an eye on the card.

Re: ATTN: ati x800 owners massive fps increase

um.. I wish I had a x800.

Comment

Holy S***, No Way!!!!$@*(#U(*)1

Comment

that sounds how you can make a geforce 6800 perform more like the 6800 ultra with some quick modifications. (im not referring to hacks BTW, just modifications to the card to make it perform better.)

Comment

or if you're insanely rich you could just buy a $19,000 computer from alienware.

Random I know but I was just looking at their site. I had no idea you could spend so much on one computer setup.

I don't have an x800 myself - Sounds kindof shoddy considering my 9800xt aparently outperforms. I thought it was a newer model. oh well.

Comment

Alienware Pc's are rip offs, you could buy the parts and everything for much cheaper than Alienware offers for. It's the "Voodo" Pc's, a bunch of advertised rubbish.

Comment

I have x800 xl and I'm experiencing frequent crashes. I downloaded the latest drivers but it didn't help. I emailed ATI and they haven't responded at all. I'm pis$ed.

Comment

Originally posted by tjmhay
                or if you're insanely rich you could just buy a $19,000 computer from alienware.

Random I know but I was just looking at their site. I had no idea you could spend so much on one computer setup.

I don't have an x800 myself - Sounds kindof shoddy considering my 9800xt aparently outperforms. I thought it was a newer model. oh well.
                lol, a 9800XT absolutely does not outperform an x800, maybe the crappy base x800.

Most widespread x800 cards are XL, XT and Pro. The 9800XT cant compete

Comment

spend a bit more cash and get hold of a XT PE version

Comment

How exactly do i "overclock" and what is overclocking? How do i bring up an onscreen display of my computers temperature? I have a ati radeon x850 pro, will that work with this "overlocking" or whatever?

Comment

n00b ^

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicRadio
                        n00b ^
                        :cry:

Gotta learn all this technical stuff sometime...

Comment

if you already have a x800xt or any of the other versions before i was running at 1200 res all high 4AA with no slow downs or ocs with a x800xt

But I think the patchs give fps drops.. 1.12-1.2 but dont have my x800xt any more

Comment

Originally posted by Napkinz
                            :cry:

Gotta learn all this technical stuff sometime...

http://overclock.net/

All you'll ever need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennel-Dog
                              http://overclock.net/

All you'll ever need to know.
                              I wouldnt oc if you dont know how and dont have the money to replace it. And if you dont get a better cooler from what i remember on stock fan the x800 didnt oc at all at least mine didnt

but if you do damage it most of the time if you sitll have a warranty they cant tell

Comment

Working...
                              X