Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DrunkenPirate=God

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
    It's damaged, I have to really hit it sometimes.
    I've gotten into the habitof checking for missed spaces now when I post but sometimes I forget.

I really need a new keyboard.
    Ah i see. That must be a bugger while playing Bf2.
    *DP running for cover, while getting mowed down by an APC*
    *DP see's a 2 foot while he can jump over and hide behind*
    *Reaches wall, but does not jump*
    *DP:"STUPID SPACE BAR!! WORK WORK!!!!!! *BAM BAM*............Crack...
    *DP:"Oops"
    *Game screen: DP owned by Sir. Side*

lol! Sorry i could not resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Jaxx
      ummm there is only one GOD I fear!

and they are not on this world
      I call him Yahweh.

Comment

The problem bitching about EA is you really can't bitch about the way a company programs thing unless you program yourself. Take the beta testing "issue" with new patches...the bugs are pretty isolated. What one person may have going wrong, another person may not know. Therefore, it's possible that the beta testers never had the issue. Also, like my case, there is an issue with unsupported cards. Do you really think EA has their testers running with ATI 9250s? Probably not.

As i mentioned, you cannot whine aobut programming issues unless you are a programmer. When programming, there can always be issues that slip by some how or unforseeable problems. Why can't peopel accept the fact that EA is fixing it? Instead of whining that EA is pushing back EF to patch their patch, people should realize that the didn't have to wait for 1.3 and that the reason that EA decided to fix the bugs was probably the negative comments and the complaints of the community. By making 1.21 they are trying to help the community. What i see are people who made up their minds before anything happens that they hate EA and no matter what EA does, they hate them.

As i said, it is no use to complain in these forums, make a start in EA's forums or why don't you create some kind of online petition and send it to EA themselves? That way they'll start listening to you (which it seems to me they aren't doing too bad of a job at doing)

People have no right to complain that EF got pushed back for two reasons; most of them know nothing about computer programming and that EA is trying to make fixes that the same people asked for.

Comment

Just realised I have several errors in that post of mine :O
          I was under the impression that gods did not make mistakes, merely set trends...

Comment

yahweh reminds me of yahooooooooooo for some reason!

Comment

We really need to stop all the people starting threads whining about poeple whining about people whining ad infinitum.

Seriously, these threads are 100% the same.

Yeah, this post counts as the same thing, but i really wanted to point out that a post like this is cut from the same cloth as all other whining threads

Comment

The only difference between God and a Mod is God doesn't think he's a Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                  :laugh: Bunny hopping is really bad for your space bar/keyboard
                  That's why I remapped my jump key to ]

Comment

My idea would be to sticky a tread where all can go and discuss 1.2 problems and matters, EA/Dice will see a thread with about 25,000 views and 300 posts and they will read. Ill agree though that when someone take 20 shots from me then turns and kills that does kinda bother me.

Comment

i dont understand why this thread means that drukenpirate is god.

Comment

That's why I remapped my jump key to ]

:laugh: That made me laugh.

Comment

Ever hear of NEGATIVE FEEDBACK? Does EA pay Total BattleFields Server cost? What gives just all PROS comments and no NEGATIVE. There are two sides to everything. I wanna hear both sides. Is TOTAL BATTFIELD PRO-EA? I

Comment

Don't think you can silence people from complaining. If 10 different people post 10 similar things, more power to them. I'm sure you have all the time in the world do a search for approximately the same type of thread you're going to have and spend 20 minutes researching before posting, but most dont.

People want to get their opinions heard and they always will.

On the flipside, blatantly insulting the developers (DICE) and the publishers (EA) isn't very productive at all and should be treated like any other insult to any other person.

Now to the topic at hand...

EA and DICE asked for this. This is precisely what happens when a business man tells a developer what to do

You see, the business man makes a very logical point that is extremely vague but still makes sense in a wierd sort of way. The developer knows where the business man is going with this, and knows from his experience that it will not work out as the business man suggests -- that is, depending on what you define as 'work out'.

If the game is made for everyone and the masses are adheared to, more people will invest their money in the game. On the other hand, less people will stick around and after a couple years the entire title will be extinguished. The business men were smart though, so they devised the stat system to keep people around longer and drive more interest. Hate to say it, but the bugs are also, in a way, keeping people around... since many are patiently waiting for bug fixes.

If the game is made to cater to a specific group, you will get less sales, but there is a chance they could reach the sales could reach the same amount as the above scenario but only over time.

It's evident that business men rule this game, not the developers. It wears off all over the game from how certain things are portrayed realistically while others aren't even thought about in a realistic manner.

But, every game has it's bad sides and its good sides. The great thing about BF2 is that caters to many different gamers. The game is very customizable without any modding needed. There are plenty of maps to enjoy with plenty of different locations and at varying sizes.

If as many of you hate BF2 as you say you do, why are you still posting & playing? I'll tell you why, because there is no other game like BF2 out there right now. And when such a game does show, we'll see if they can really outperform BF2 in the following aspects:

- Gameplay
                            - Graphics
                            - Cheating
                            - Netcode
                            - Performance
                            - Extensibility (Mods)
                            - Sounds

Not saying that any of these are a strong point of BF2 than another ... but keep that list on you so you can compare when Armed Assault and Quake Wars are released. It will be interesting to see how this pattern of complaints will be re-born for the new titles that resemble BF2 and this pattern exists in damn near every FPS game out there (it's always a 'conspiracy', right?).

*sigh* Times never change

Comment

Working...
                            X