DrunkenPirate=God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrunkenPirate=God

EA/DICE Hate mongering and Patch 1.2 rants I'll be blunt.

If you make a thread that promotes EA/DICE hate mongery I will delete it and issue a 1 week ban.
    If you stir up flames or troll legitimate discussions on EA's products or marketing techniques you will receive a 1 week ban.

If you want topost a thread DISCUSSING the new 1.2 patch, then by allmeans gofor it.
    If you want to post a flaming rant about how you cannot noobtoob/throw C4/airwhore or whatever else then go here:
    http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=6

Any threads about 1.2 that are posted solely to will be removed from the forum, along with the poster for 7 days.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Oh this is not a satire, I am DEAD serious. EA/DICE hate mongering is stupid. Seriously, if people want to bitch about EA/DICE I have a new idea for you. Instead of whining on the totalbf2 forums and 'preaching to the choir' why don't you start a thread or something with a litany of complaints, conisder it an online petition, then get a lot of people who agree with you. For example if you are tired of EA releasing patches with more bugs than fixes make a thread saying that they should spend more time working on them or testing them and fixing the bugs before the patch is released. If you really want to whine about EA/DICE do it productively, all that your constant whining on here does it annoy me and I guess drunkenpirate too. I'm sure I'm not alone in this sentiment. I'm not saying stop the mindless bitching entirely, but I am saying start adding some productivity to the mindless bitching; otherwise, shut the **** up.

Re: DrunkenPirate=God

Yeah you're right, there is simply no place for discussion about BF2, on a BF2 discussion forum.

Comment

That isn't what I'm saying, I'm just saying why don't people complain productively rather than posting the same thing over and over to peopel that agree, is that going to fix the problem?

Comment

Yeah, I agree, there should only be one thread about whining to EA/DICE and every time I go to BF2 discussion I see at least 6 threads havings titles such as: "1.2 haters" "1.2 SUX!!!" "I hate EA" "I HATE 1.2!!" And there should be only one thread like that and the community can just add thier thoughts to that.thx

-xxgammaxx

Comment

Originally posted by xXgammaXx
          Yeah, I agree, there should only be one thread about whining to EA/DICE and every time I go to BF2 discussion I see at least 6 threads havings titles such as: "1.2 haters" "1.2 SUX!!!" "I hate EA" "I HATE 1.2!!" And there should be only one thread like that and the community can just add thier thoughts to that.thx

-xxgammaxx
          Not only that, i'm proposing that one of the EA haters actually sends a link to the thread to EA so that way EA can actually read it isntead of the pointless whining.

Comment

ummm there is only one GOD I fear!

and they are not on this world

Comment

I think EA has demonstrated on numerous occasions that they only care about what the noob/casual gamer wants, because those are the people that bring in the big money, and continue to buy the expansions.

So for the rest of us, who actually enjoy a skill based FPS game, and care more about learning curve and game balance, it really is pointless for us to try and be proactive with our gripes.

At the heart of all these problems, at the very CORE from which all of these complaints arise, is the simple, undeniable fact that the guns in BF2 are unreliable, and inconsistent. Good players gave up on trying to kill people with guns, because 50% of the time, they don't hit their target. Being the good players that they are, they had to find other ways to be dominant. And poof, you get things like noob tubes, C4 throwers, dolphin divers, vehicle whores etc... we had no choice but to turn to things that are guaranteed to get us the kills we deserve, even if they are not the things we want to be using.

So instead of fixing the most important problem of them all, EA ignored the small population of hardcore players, and listened only to the very large majority of BF2 players, which are noobs and casual gamers. And alas, we get a patch that completely ignores the netcode and the overall accuracy of the weapons, but instead focuses on every single alternative tactic that noobs constantly complain about.

And now we're all stuck playing a game that is impossible to master, because the learning curve has become a horizontal line. I could take a person who has never played an FPS in their life, and teach them the basics of BF2 in a couple hours. Within a few days, they'd be getting 100 pts per round.

Compare that to another game, such as Q2 or Q3.... you can teach someone how to play Q3 in about 5 minutes. But it will take them about TWO YEARS of practice before they can even compete with a top player.

Imagine a world of BF2 where you aim at a person's head, and you feel 100% confident that they are going to die before they kill you, because you KNOW that your aim is better. That's my dream, and it is the opposite of what most of the community wants, because that would make it harder for them to kill people who are better than they are.

My point is, I'm part of the minority like most 1.2 haters, and we are fighting a losing battle.

Comment

Just realised I have several errors in that post of mine :O

Comment

ummm there is only one GOD I fear!

and they are not on this world
                  agreed!!

Comment

Originally posted by inf4my
                    I think EA has demonstrated on numerous occasions that they only care about what the noob/casual gamer wants, because those are the people that bring in the big money, and continue to buy the expansions.

So for the rest of us, who actually enjoy a skill based FPS game, and care more about learning curve and game balance, it really is pointless for us to try and be proactive with our gripes.

At the heart of all these problems, at the very CORE from which all of these complaints arise, is the simple, undeniable fact that the guns in BF2 are unreliable, and inconsistent. Good players gave up on trying to kill people with guns, because 50% of the time, they don't hit their target. Being the good players that they are, they had to find other ways to be dominant. And poof, you get things like noob tubes, C4 throwers, dolphin divers, vehicle whores etc... we had no choice but to turn to things that are guaranteed to get us the kills we deserve, even if they are not the things we want to be using.

So instead of fixing the most important problem of them all, EA ignored the small population of hardcore players, and listened only to the very large majority of BF2 players, which are noobs and casual gamers. And alas, we get a patch that completely ignores the netcode and the overall accuracy of the weapons, but instead focuses on every single alternative tactic that noobs constantly complain about.

And now we're all stuck playing a game that is impossible to master, because the learning curve has become a horizontal line. I could take a person who has never played an FPS in their life, and teach them the basics of BF2 in a couple hours. Within a few days, they'd be getting 100 pts per round.

Compare that to another game, such as Q2 or Q3.... you can teach someone how to play Q3 in about 5 minutes. But it will take them about TWO YEARS of practice before they can even compete with a top player.

Imagine a world of BF2 where you aim at a person's head, and you feel 100% confident that they are going to die before they kill you, because you KNOW that your aim is better. That's my dream, and it is the opposite of what most of the community wants, because that would make it harder for them to kill people who are better than they are.

My point is, I'm part of the minority like most 1.2 haters, and we are fighting a losing battle.
                    I am not saying i don't agree with the argument, all i am saying is that the complaints should be more productive. Again, someone should make a thread petitioning an issue about patching then send the results to EA. I don't think it would go unnoticed if there were enough posters. Hell, I'd even start the thread and send it to EA if no one does. I don't think people are getting what i am trying to say here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosstrooper
                      EA/DICE Hate mongering and Patch 1.2 rants I'll be blunt.

If you make a thread that promotes EA/DICE hate mongery I will delete it and issue a 1 week ban.
                      If you stir up flames or troll legitimate discussions on EA's products or marketing techniques you will receive a 1 week ban.

If you want topost a thread DISCUSSING the new 1.2 patch, then by allmeans gofor it.
                      If you want to post a flaming rant about how you cannot noobtoob/throw C4/airwhore or whatever else then go here:
                      http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=6

Any threads about 1.2 that are posted solely to will be removed from the forum, along with the poster for 7 days.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Oh this is not a satire, I am DEAD serious. EA/DICE hate mongering is stupid. Seriously, if people want to bitch about EA/DICE I have a new idea for you. Instead of whining on the totalbf2 forums and 'preaching to the choir' why don't you start a thread or something with a litany of complaints, conisder it an online petition, then get a lot of people who agree with you. For example if you are tired of EA releasing patches with more bugs than fixes make a thread saying that they should spend more time working on them or testing them and fixing the bugs before the patch is released. If you really want to whine about EA/DICE do it productively, all that your constant whining on here does it annoy me and I guess drunkenpirate too. I'm sure I'm not alone in this sentiment. I'm not saying stop the mindless bitching entirely, but I am saying start adding some productivity to the mindless bitching; otherwise, shut the **** up.

Comment

If you started the thread, I would post in it

I wouldn't start it myself however, because I have little faith that it will make a difference.

Comment

Thread got started...hopefully it'll be used.

Comment

Thats good, I mean, it's alright when there are about 2-3 threads floating around about problems people had. But it gets stupid when people create like 2 threads a day complaining about it, when there are already 30 others. Good work Priate ^_^

edit: my 1000th post WOOT WOOT

Comment

I dont know why there is so much bitchin about the AA, I still have no trouble at all whorin a jet to 40-50 kills...........

Comment

Working...
                              X