TRUE Quickswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TRUE Quickswitch

Again, it is not because I can't remember the buttons or anything of that matter, I'm just more used accustomed to, and can more easily switch to a weapon if I could do this.

Can someone try to bind the MOUSE UP/DOWN keys to a command that would allow this?

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
      Was dissapointed that there isn't an option so that scrolling with the mouse doesn't physically switch your weapons to the next in the rotation. I like being able to flip to my weapon of choice in half-a-milisecond instead of having to look down and pick what I need.

Hitting "F" isn't the same because I can only quickswitch in one direction. Currently you need to scroll, and then look down and choose which weapon you need.
      ___

Is there a way to bind each respective scroll to physicall take out that weapon? I think the way to do it would be to bind SCROLL-DOWN to "F" and SCROLL-UP to "F" inversed (there is an inverse option in the contorls screen).

If someone could provide working binds, it would be much appreciated.
      I have an MX1000 so I have all the weapons mapped to buttons using Logigamer, my quickswitch being tilt left and right to switch between Pistol and Primary weapon quickly plus relatively quick access to the plethora of other buttons. When Special Forces came along however I wanted quick access to Night Vision and Gas Mask and Logigamer didn't cater for roll mouse wheel up or down. However you can assign functions to rolling mouse wheel up or down by editing the 'controls.con' file. A link to a very good article was posted in other threads before...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tom-binds.html

Based on this article and looking at my edited 'controls.con', the following lines under the "ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap" section is what you are looking for to some extent. Mouse Wheel Up is Night Vision and Mouse Wheel Down is Gas Mask.

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_7 10000 0
      ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect7 -1 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1
      ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_8 10000 0
      ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIWeaponSelect8 IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1

So you could at least apply the same concept to two weapons you desire a quick switch between.

There is another tool called BF2 Enhanced which might catch your interest too.

TotalBF2 thread:
      http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14947

Download page:
      http://www.fubz.us/bf2enhance/downloads/

Personally I am only interested in it's 'Crouch Toggle' feature seeing as Logigamer/MX1000 provides me with the quick weapon switching I require. However it has two other features called "Weapon Switch' and 'Quick Scroll' and mentions CS Source similarity so I presume this could be what you are looking for. Give it a shot and see, I can only vouch for the "Crouch Toggle' feature as working. Hope this was helpful.

Comment

Funny..I never really heard of BF2Enhance before.

I wonder if it actually works with v1.2.

Comment

Just tried it..it still works.

Nice idea. I wish they had these as selectable options in-game.

It's a bit friggy though...even after I closed the enhancedment program, my control button functionality was messed up when I alt-tabbed out of BF2 until I hit control again.

I tried to emulate quick switch and toggle crouch with my Nostromo a while back and was never successful. This app does it with a couple of simple clicks.

I don't think I'll continue to use it as I am so used to my controls as they are now...

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
            Just tried it..it still works.

Nice idea. I wish they had these as selectable options in-game.

It's a bit friggy though...even after I closed the enhancedment program, my control button functionality was messed up when I alt-tabbed out of BF2 until I hit control again.

I tried to emulate quick switch and toggle crouch with my Nostromo a while back and was never successful. This app does it with a couple of simple clicks.

I don't think I'll continue to use it as I am so used to my controls as they are now...
            Yeah I tried the same with my trusty Nostromo and never got far but I'm pretty happy with our Logigamer approach for weapon changing. Although now that you've tried it I might give the other features a try and see if they interest me. I only use the Crouch Toggle feature currently, that definitely works a treat.

Funny BF2 Enhance escaped your watchful eye Talus, who knows what other useful stuff is buried away somewhere in this forum just waiting to be discovered hehe. Mind you I don't think it's got some attention in a while, I'll always recommend it for Crouch when someone asks. I think it's just an AutoHotkey script compiled into an exe.

Did you try the 'Iron Sights' option?.

Comment

Working...
            X