TRUE Quickswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUE Quickswitch

Was dissapointed that there isn't an option so that scrolling with the mouse doesn't physically switch your weapons to the next in the rotation. I like being able to flip to my weapon of choice in half-a-milisecond instead of having to look down and pick what I need.

Hitting "F" isn't the same because I can only quickswitch in one direction. Currently you need to scroll, and then look down and choose which weapon you need.
    ___

Is there a way to bind each respective scroll to physicall take out that weapon? I think the way to do it would be to bind SCROLL-DOWN to "F" and SCROLL-UP to "F" inversed (there is an inverse option in the contorls screen).

If someone could provide working binds, it would be much appreciated.

Re: TRUE Quickswitch

24,000 points and you didn't know that the number keys do what you want?
    These are defaults too!

1 key is knife
    2 key is pistol
    3 key is primary weapon
    4 key is nades/AT missile
    5 key is explosives/med/ammo packs
    6 key is wrench and shock paddles

Comment

ya, that kinda bugs me too at times...but it is kinda good cuz sometimes i click the wheel on accident and i dont wanna go switching out when i dont want to.

i dont switch too much tho...but i have trained myself to hit 1 everytime i want to knife someone, and to hit 3 when i want to change my rate of fire...i never use pistol, rarley use nades, and when i need to use a kit specific item, i just scroll and select it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
        24,000 points and you didn't know that the number keys do what you want?
        These are defaults too!
        Nocrap, that's universal for all games, but definitely nothing is as effective and quick as a true quickswitch on the mousewheel.

It's what I'm most used to through CSS, Farcry, Doom, BIA, you name it!

Comment

Pressing the number keys is instant for me, don't know if your keyboard is borked or something. The split second you press the number, it pulls out the weapon.

I don't like scrolling (even in other games where it takes the weapon out as soon as you stop scrolling) because you kind of have to guess around for the right weapon. With the keyboard you always know where the right key is.

If you mean *instant* pull out, ready-to-shoot in a split second than it's impossible, because the soldier must physically take the weapon from it's holder on him.

Comment

I mapped pistol and knife to the two side buttons on my mouse. It's come in very handy.

Comment

if you have a g5 or similar mouse use the extras buttons .its very useful that the scroll weel can flip to sides to make a button i found it after some practice its very instinctive to me to draw the weapon of choice, for me its automatic and all in the right hand, except the rifle key whith i mapped to "f" so i can go single shot...

Comment

The number keys work but they are no replacement for a true quickswitch. I like to have grenades or pistols "queued" with my quickswitch key in CS:S so that I can pull them out at a moments notice. It would be very handy if I could have this functionality in BF2. I can hit 1-4 perfectly but 5 and 6 are a bitch to reach when you need them (defrib, health etc).

Comment

I also miss the quick switch for weapons, and I never use the numbers , I want a quick switch with my scroll, why didn't they put something ssmple as this not in the game

Comment

Exactly, not all the numbers are easily reached, and still, being able to completely switch through your entire aresenal of weapons within a milisecond is makes for a very deadly player.

So can anyone please find and post the commands to bind SCROLL UP/DOWN to "F" and "F-Inverse", or simply anything else that may work and hold us over?

Comment

I have big hands so reaching them isn't a problem.

Comment

I picked up a new keyboard not too long ago and I've had some trouble with the number keys. For some reason, I seem to always miss the one I'm trying to hit. Constantly hitting rifle when I mean pistol and bringing out ammo bags when I'm trying to ready a 'nade. Perty annoying!

I'm sure it's just a matter of adapting, but it did get me thinking about how handy it would be to have a "switch to previous selection" key.

Comment

Learning what the numbers switch to is the fastest way to switch IMO, if you have to scroll through weapons its slower, much slower.

I used to scroll through my weapons with the Q and E keys, i used to do it religiously, i was convinced it was the best way to do it for the longest time, but i got used to using the number keys and in games where theres loads of weapons (UT2004 for example) I got used to binding keys around WASD to certain more commonly used weapons

Any key over 5 on the top row is not practical to use for weapons, which is why my shock paddels are Z and my nightvision is E now

Comment

I have an MX500 Mouse and I have one of the side buttons bound to select weapon three. It lets me pull out my main gun and switch fire modes quickly.

Comment

Personally I'm gld the mousewheel doesn't pivk the weapon, just shows them, because it's my hotkey for ventrilo!

Just memorize the buttons. 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Comment

Working...
                              X