Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dire help needed for Post 1.2 Basic Knife Badge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dire help needed for Post 1.2 Basic Knife Badge.

I've read all those basic knife badge threads...and all of them haven't stated if theres a new tactic or weakness to look out for when using the knife post 1.2. If i try to use the knife the whole round (in CQC maps...sharqi...karkand) i may end up with like 2 knife kills....3 if im lucky....

also i've tried using medic (self-heal) sniper (concealment) anything besides AT/Assualt/Support (short sprints)

Any advice...? using the knife is my achilles heel.

Re: Dire help needed for Post 1.2 Basic Knife Badge.

yeah i have the same problem im trying to get my basic knife badge cos as soon as i get it i go up a rank and get one of the new unlocks

Comment

you could always try to get a knife fight going between you and some other players

....but you didnt hear it from me

Comment

Play karkand. Try and hang around flags, and when the enemy is capturing it, they will probably be prone, and stationary, easily knifed. You could also try to flank around the enemy, and when they are fighting with your team knife them in the back

Comment

It's a pretty dirty tactic but sneaking up behind the usmc's spawnpoint closest to the hotel in karkand and you can knife from behind.

Comment

another thing you might want to try to get that basic knife badge before you hit 20,000 points. Cause if you dont you wont be ranked up to first sergeant. you will have to get 50000 points for the next rank up

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
              yeah i have the same problem im trying to get my basic knife badge cos as soon as i get it i go up a rank and get one of the new unlocks
              I thought the same as you, I was(am) a Master Sergeant... I had 25000 pts and all the rquired badges except Basic Knife Combat... I recently got that badge (Sniper, Karkand, "Be the Knife!") but no promotion!! No First Sergeant!!

Comment

i did it after reading someone else thread about it, i did it by playing medic on a 32 man karkand server. You need to hope that all the action gets focused in one area (when i did it i was playing MEC and we got forced back to the last flag across the river). That was theres alot of people in one area, and they're all focused in one direction, that way you can come round behind them and knife them in the back, also the UAV is a massive help, as you can see exactly where people are and in which direction they are facing. I got kind of lucky i think but it did it easily, only died about 9 times to get all 7 kills.

What i realised after i got it is that the knife is a very effective close combat weapon, afterall one hit and their gone!

Comment

Originally posted by o=BlackJack=o
                  another thing you might want to try to get that basic knife badge before you hit 20,000 points. Cause if you dont you wont be ranked up to first sergeant. you will have to get 50000 points for the next rank up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SpungE
                    It's a pretty dirty tactic but sneaking up behind the usmc's spawnpoint closest to the hotel in karkand and you can knife from behind.
                    On the flipside, as USMC you can spawn across from this ^^^ spawn point, sneak into the alley below, and engage in camp-ish behavior. You can hide by the dumpster and track down spec ops/snipers/engi's as they are heading for the wreaked APC by the tree to set up their ambushes, actually making them the ambushees and you the ambusher.

You can also move between the alley and the covered alley spawn points (directly across from the hotel cp), knifing people as they <*cough, cough*> try to attack you with their backs turned. But you didn't hear that from me.

The ultimate tip? Get on a sixteen player (MAX), 64-player sized urban map (Karkand seems best to me) with as few people as possible, spawn as a medic, and get behind the enemy spawn point. This gives you THE MOST time to persue that badge. Don't worry about dying/flag capping--you've got 300 tickets to work through. I got veteran (probably never get expert) this way, and it was even semi-fun doing it. Some servers actually advertise "high-points", but just make sure you aren't on one that people are padding on. EA wipes for that sorta stuff.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I'm at 15K points and need basic knife and pistol before I hit 20K

Comment

I think i've thought up a way i can do it....most likely on a 32 player 64 size SaK map....

camp the roof of that building snipers use to shoot down the alley next to the hotel...knife people on the ladder...then go and hide prone next to the crate in the aforementioned alley and spawncamp

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
                          The ultimate tip? Get on a sixteen player (MAX), 64-player sized urban map (Karkand seems best to me) with as few people as possible, spawn as a medic, and get behind the enemy spawn point. This gives you THE MOST time to persue that badge. Don't worry about dying/flag capping--you've got 300 tickets to work through. I got veteran (probably never get expert) this way, and it was even semi-fun doing it. Some servers actually advertise "high-points", but just make sure you aren't on one that people are padding on. EA wipes for that sorta stuff.
                          i must admit i don't agree with this, when theres only a few people in a big map then they are generally more aware and are looking for enemes to kill, where as if it's just total mayhem and action allover the place then enemies are usually just camping and waiting for people to come at them from one direction, therefore you can get in behind them, and again like i said the UAV is you friend!

Comment

Ill give a quick tip that still works good. Try and catch people capping flags but only certin flags. Almost any flag close to the corner of a building. The reason being that its easier to sneak up on them and even easier if they are laying down behind sand bags. Just jump,(works best to jump over sand bags) go prone on top of them (might take some practice) and slice away. The simple fact that they will try and get away will kill them.
                            You might also try picking 2 flags with several buildings between them. Just make your way back and forth from flag to flag when you get behind the enemy (running so you are chaseing them) get as close as you can then slice like crazy. I have killed 3 people following each other in this way.
                            Some general skills to learn that will help are find which numbered key (3 maybe) is the knife and be able to switch between it and your main weapon (back and forth) with out looking Quickly. Do this so you can kill with the knife as much as possible (At least one knife kill per map, good practice). Practice jumping over sand bag barriers and landing prone (laying down) so when you have to do it for kills it will be very quick. It wont work if you have to make 2 or 3 trys. You might also work in a spin when you jump. In the last few days I jumped over sand bags by a flag did a 180 (faceing the part close to the flag I couldnt see) landed prone and got 3 knife kills. I think I made about 5 slashes with my knife.
                            Im not that good, I just normally switch to my knife when I get close enough. Also bunny hoppers cant shoot back so they will be easy kills. For basic badge dont aim just stay in close and slash away (try to keep them in front of you though). After awhile you will gain a lot of skill with a knife and you will know when its time to try for your badge. It will be the map where you get 2 or 3 kills real fast at the beginning of the round. I hope this helps. . . . . .Red

If there is a map where I look to kill the slasher its Karkand but thats just me. Medics reviving are also easy targets.

Comment

You can deff get it in wake island as USMC. Go into one of the bunkers in the Airfield and hang around there for a while, you might get Basic Knife and a Purple Heart!

Comment

Working...
                              X