Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dire help needed for Post 1.2 Basic Knife Badge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dire help needed for Post 1.2 Basic Knife Badge.

Originally posted by Lucky-Strike90
    and a Purple Heart!
    you say that like its a good thing...

but i already got one....i was busy talking on the phone while playing :laugh:

Comment

Play as sniper on sharqi, hide in the grass between two popular flags

Comment

http://boards.ign.com/battlefield_2/...0815349/p1/?13

you should be careful though.

Comment

i got mine on a 16 player karkand with 32 players, as usmc just drive around behined the market them come at the Mec's from behined, normaly as they spawn then run stright to the hotel

Comment

ok, the key for all hard to get medals is that you need a long enough round.

most games are like 4 minutes, and thats simply not going to do the trick unless youre really lucky.

play a 64 player map with 300 tickets with minimum number of players in the game.

for instance, a 20/64 player server is perfect

Comment

okokokokok...

Fav tactic... Kark, Hotel kill zone alley. Go up the stairs to the bulding next to the flag, the one toward the USA side. Make sure there is a UAV. go prone on top of the building and barely peek over the edge. When I guy comes racing by jump off and hack the poor sob in the back. This may only work a few times, and get some guys hunting you.

Comment

I got mine on karkand, but I don't think it's a good map for knife fightinh anymore due to the claymore abuse by noobs , it's done with sneaking up to people , karkand as infantry has become a gambling round, how far can I walk without getting blown up by a claymore

Comment

dude love the avatar!!!!!!!!

Comment

use the uav...pay attention to the flags you are capping and where the enemy will likely spawn, then go there and try to come in from a back direction and get them by suprise...doesn't help to have a buddy with some shock paddles help keep you alive :P

Comment

I got my basic knife badge quite a while ago. I was in the same position as you. I tried reading all the guides but most of them gave conflicting information and didn't really help. I just followed my own advice.

I went as assault on 32 player large karkand. (I tried 64 player but it was too chaotic and the round ended too fast) I just went into the bottleneck area between the USMC spawn and the first MEC base, threw a load of flashbangs, got my knife out and started slashing my way to victory.

Comment

ok well, this is how i got vet. and basic knife badge...

I would heli-parachute into a carrier's boat spawn section thingie, then id wait for people to spawn, and before they go and jump into the boat, knife em, then jump back into the water for concealment, then when you hear someone spawn, jump back up and knife them again. If your lucky, you might hit some AFKs.

Comment

Pre or post patch 1.2 It makes no difference to knifing. The jumping/diving knife kill is never used that much.

Even thou spawn raping with a knife is the least less dirty. Give them a 3 second headstart before killing them. A little chase is fine, but waiting at a spawn point is just cheap and you wont get any self-respect doing it.

Comment

I wonder, did you notice that a lot of people say the only way to get (or they recomend) the knife badge is to spawn camp somewhere? I really dont care that much for the badges, not enough to spawn camp anyway. I like to have my victims give me thier best and Then I kill them anyway. When I got my vet. badge I got all the kills I needed while both teams had over 100 points left, and got called a noob too. The guy said he wasnt ready. So I hunted him, found him, climed on a roof, typed in the text window "here I come, knife is out" jumped on his head and knifed him. Easy to do at the alley flag on Sharqi. 64 player maps with 25 people or less are great for getting badges. Hope this helps. . . . . . .Red

Comment

I got my basic knife on Fushe, 48 players on 64 player map, camping the flag at the West Mine entrance. Come down the hill, onto the roof of the mine entrance. Lie down on the side of the roof right in front of the flag.

As soon as you see the flag going down, crouch or stand up and have a look, then jump down and knife who is there. They are usually laying down behind the pipes or sandbags and won't be looking up there. I got 13 knife kills that map, not just camping that spawn either, 6 in a row and because you get flag defend points as well I came 2nd out of 48 players using the knife only.

Made a vid of it too using BR and fraps, might help you out, called Knifing Rampage.

I got my veteran on Sharqi, simply using the UAV and running around just using the knife. I knifed 6 guys without dying in the 1st 2 mins so had plenty of time to get the last guy.

Just play knife only don't worry about other weapons and it will come.

Hope this helps and GL.

Comment

I got my Exper Knife on Karkand, take note : noobs are your friend, for once you want to get close to them .

Comment

Working...
                                X