Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wow AA is strong... and I like it.

wow lots of long posts, ill keep this one short

I agree, I welcome the 1.2 patch, I really dont have much problems with it and I escpecially like the fact that they fixed the multiplayer filter(very important).

My only complaint is for the claymores, way too big of a trigger range and are allowed to spawn too many

Comment

I agree with the lowered armor on the helos, they were WAY too strong before, but I'm not sure Dice should have lowered the rocket count. Seriously, how many choppers in the real world can survive more than one direct hit from a tank shell? Probably zero. I know Dice goes for fun and balance more than realism, but still, it really was a flying tank before.
      This is an arcade game not a simulator, for a chopper to kill a tank, it has to be within range of a tank shell.....balancewise, 1 hit kill from a tank is not a good thing. Not to mention in real life the tank can't aim its main cannon as fast as it can in the game.

An in 1.12 I was shot down plenty of times by a tank shell...if I was previously damaged.

About the only people complaining about the choppers getting nerfed are the whores that would spawn camp and get kill after kill with very little consequence. A helo with a good gunner used to be hell on earth for ground pounders. Now that infantry actually has a chance (PKM, Antitank, any vehicle with a machine gun) I see people complaining about it.
      Umm no, I used a chopper well, and I never spawncamped anyone, I supported my team, decapped points, saved points from being decapped and so on.

And by the way 1.12 it was easy to take out a chopper with a 50 cal vodnik or humvee or whatever, same for an apc, and TOWs and hj-8s were effective too....

The noobs couldn't use all those (quite easy to use) weapons.

So they threw in some AA that even my 7 year old brother can get mass kills with.

Left click twice for free kills! All the noobs cry with joy! YIPEEEE!

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
        This is an arcade game not a simulator, for a chopper to kill a tank, it has to be within range of a tank shell.....balancewise, 1 hit kill from a tank is not a good thing. Not to mention in real life the tank can't aim its main cannon as fast as it can in the game.

An in 1.12 I was shot down plenty of times by a tank shell...if I was previously damaged.

Umm no, I used a chopper well, and I never spawncamped anyone, I supported my team, decapped points, saved points from being decapped and so on.

And by the way 1.12 it was easy to take out a chopper with a 50 cal vodnik or humvee or whatever, same for an apc, and TOWs and hj-8s were effective too....

The noobs couldn't use all those (quite easy to use) weapons.

So they threw in some AA that even my 7 year old brother can get mass kills with.

Left click twice for free kills! All the noobs cry with joy! YIPEEEE!
        It's not actually that easy to score with the new AA unless the pilots are ****e.

I've been on both recieving and delivering ends and I know how it is. As a plane pilot its very easy to dodge AAs and to kill them, and I'm rarley killed by ground AAs. I'm actually killed more often by friendly AA missiles or a2a missiles than enemies'.

In a chopper history repeats it self and it's generally easy not to die by the hands (or missiles) of the AA emplacements, just think smart

In a AA it's easy to kill dumb pilots (who don't use flares or half-decent evasive manouvers) but when you try to kill a smart pilot you'll see it's a much different case. When plane pilots dive from 500m alts and pwn you with their cannons o' doom then you'll see how difficult it is to kill good airplane pilots. With choppers it's the same thing. Chopper pilots are used to be pretty much flying tanks of uberness, guess what, they aren't anymore but they're still pretty tough.

Adapt and you will prevail

Comment

But what someone else above me said applies.

If you drop flares...and are high up, the missiles miss about .001% of the time.

If you fly low so AA can't hit you, then tanks, apcs, and vodniks kill you way too fast....Choppers weren't tanks before, and now they are practically flying death coffins. A 50 cal in 1.12 would kill you in about....7-10 seconds before....if nothing else it would force the pilot to go back to repair....

Now its just a joke.

It's not actually that easy to score with the new AA unless the pilots are ****e.
          Based on what I said above, thats not neccesarely true (bad spelling sry) but the thing is....

If AA involved skill and I got shot down even MORE often (by people who used thier skill in the AA) then I wouldn't complain at all....

The problem is that AA now takes no more skill than left clicking...you don't even have to have a lock.

Comment

Working...
          X