Wow AA is strong... and I like it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow AA is strong... and I like it.

Im a pilot, I spend most of my time in a plane. Now, after my computer being setup after getting my house done up I downloaded the patch and started playing.

First few games I was like WTF is this s***! AA got me even with all the turning/flares/ whatever.

Then I started to think, I flew high and dived on AA and armor. It worked well, but you need a little skill to still dodge the AA.

I think the game is much more challenging and rewarding now. I see that planes are actually LEFT for good pilots. ,

This is a nice change and I welcome it!

Re: Wow AA is strong... and I like it.

This is going to turn ugly... mark my words.

Comment

agreed, go 1.2 aa

Comment

turn ugly? topics about air been posted already to much

My thoughts are

They make many changes to helis when in the first place the problem was jets.

Now jets have a very high advantage over all air. So i can see why you like it. Its very simple now. I just spend my whole time before last game just base rapping and killing helis

Dogfight is very simple now as well. If you wacth your air to air missles they will fly in circles around the jet until its hits. Sometimes they also go ahead of the jet about 2-4 feet then smack into it. Really no skill anymore with it at least thats my idea about it

Another thing i noticed is if you fire at someone next to a friendly jet/heli it will go after them instead. Good way to not get hit.

Flares dont really work right now if you move.

Seems EA didnt think of the avg flyers. Who dont have 30 something hours flying in jets/helis and dont fly with a joystick. Its now if you dont have a joystick your pretty much dead. They tweaked it for pros or so that a single person with a simple point click can kill all

but its kind of fun now sitting in AA whole round and racking up points of 50 or more just from not really doing anything at all

Comment

Originally posted by tsh2005
          but its kind of fun now sitting in AA whole round and racking up points of 50 or more just from not really doing anything at all
          You should actually give that a try sometime. You end up dead a lot if you think you can just sit in an AA emplacement. TVGMs still have a longer range than missiles can lock. So do plane cannons.

More importantly, there's things going on down on the ground all the time. Being stuck in an emplacement is a really great way to become the next kill for anyone who spots you. Snipers, gunts, tanks... name it and they'd love ta score a free kill off ya.

Mobile AA vehicles are definatly safer and if you've got some good support guys or a commander who drops you some supplies. Still, you're a nice fat kill waiting to happen for any passing tank or sneaky SpecOps guy. Hell, since you're likely to be busy watching the sky, ATs can even pop ya with reliability.

If you can get 50 kills in an AA, the enemy team is kinda hopeless. In that case, I'd be busy trying for my expert knife badge!

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
            You should actually give that a try sometime. You end up dead a lot if you think you can just sit in an AA emplacement. TVGMs still have a longer range than missiles can lock. So do plane cannons.

More importantly, there's things going on down on the ground all the time. Being stuck in an emplacement is a really great way to become the next kill for anyone who spots you. Snipers, gunts, tanks... name it and they'd love ta score a free kill off ya.

Mobile AA vehicles are definatly safer and if you've got some good support guys or a commander who drops you some supplies. Still, you're a nice fat kill waiting to happen for any passing tank or sneaky SpecOps guy. Hell, since you're likely to be busy watching the sky, ATs can even pop ya with reliability.

If you can get 50 kills in an AA, the enemy team is kinda hopeless. In that case, I'd be busy trying for my expert knife badge!

good point but thats what i do.. like i said before people posted pics of 100 points just by using aa

You can hear the jets coming and when they fly by point click hit hit dead. I dont stay in the same AA but there is so many Its very easy just to move along and find something else only if I was spotted. Yea you die. Big deal jump back in at another location.

Its not like if a jet is coming after you to bomb our a tank/apc is coming to cap the flag you cant just bail and run out of it. Behind a wall or something

Helis fly by point click hit hit. Transpot helis which not used much now but when used 6 points right there if they dont know the flare bug

You have not done this? I got at least 40points last around from camping AA kind of fun really

Comment

Yeah, well, I have. My point is that it's not as easy as you made it out to be if the enemy team is on the ball. I've been zapped by snipers many times while in AA emplacements by M95s that are being brought into battle more and more freaquently.

I did spend an entire round in an AA vehicle, but mostly because my squad (engies and support) was plaing smart and doing a lot of armour whoring while sticking together. I provided anti-air, they rolled from CP to CP. We did kinda own a bit. Was a great round.

Comment

well i do it all the time. Doesnt really matter how good you are. If we only have like one flag ok then no beacuse i would always die or if base or something was always getting attacked.

Another trick is to hop in on a enemy flags AA. Very nice way to make some air kills

It is that easy. Helis or more easy then jets beacuse they can not see the AA and could think its a jet or something else instead

some tips

Hop in fire at the jet if spotted bail out. Wait until bombs dropped then hop back in and fire. use the enemy flags AA like said before. make sure no one is really spawning on it Be a med to self heal yourself. Its pretty fun and good way to make points

etc etc

Comment

I'm happy with the new AA settings, Pilots how to develop some skill if they want to live more than 30 seconds,:banana: :rock:

Comment

I like it...
                    But i sucked at flying before the patch... I imagine I suck more now... but at least I get to do it as no one else wants to

Comment

Ahh so you like AA that requires zero skillto take out the best (chopper) pilots

Ok....

They should never have changed choppers. Ever....they were fine before, lowering of hp and of missile count was plain stupitidy.

Making stinger sites take no more skill than left clicking twice is lunacy.

My 7 year old brother hopped into a stinger site one day on wake and almost got a bronze medal.

And all he does is left click.

Comment

Originally posted by Noni
                        Im a pilot, I spend most of my time in a plane. Now, after my computer being setup after getting my house done up I downloaded the patch and started playing.

First few games I was like WTF is this s***! AA got me even with all the turning/flares/ whatever.

Then I started to think, I flew high and dived on AA and armor. It worked well, but you need a little skill to still dodge the AA.

I think the game is much more challenging and rewarding now. I see that planes are actually LEFT for good pilots. ,

This is a nice change and I welcome it!
                        This game isn't challenging and rewarding much anymore for air to air kills. And the jets aren't left for good pilots anymore, but the good pilots actually left the planes all together. Before, killing something air to air was a great feeling. You actually had to have some real skill at shooting something down with your gun. Now, it's just a giant missle spam fest in the air. Lock on your target? Wait for those flares to come down and just fire all the missles.

Even though jets in reality have much more accurate air to air missles than the missles in 1.2, you still have to take balance into consideration (and actually having some fun in aerial combat as a pilot). The new a2a missles are causing choppers to get shot down in a matter of seconds. Not only that, but very good surface-to-air missles for choppers to worry about.

IMO, keep the 1.2 surface-to-air missles, and get the air-to-air missles to the way they were.

Comment

The new AA is still easily defeated by a skilled jet pilot, since he should have no trouble killing the site before it kills him. Heck, the aa sites show up on the radar/map for the jet.

It is a bit different for the helicopters, though, imho, because they have more predators. The helicopter has to sneak up on the AA site, which usually means fly low, behind cover. Flying low though, makes you the target of every mounted machine gun, every tank, and every AT guy in the vicinity.

The attack helicopters need their armor back. A double nerf was a bit much, but this triple nerf was overboard.

Comment

It is a bit different for the helicopters, though, imho, because they have more predators. The helicopter has to sneak up on the AA site, which usually means fly low, behind cover. Flying low though, makes you the target of every mounted machine gun, every tank, and every AT guy in the vicinity.

The attack helicopters need their armor back. A double nerf was a bit much, but this triple nerf was overboard.
                            Exactly.

Comment

About the only people complaining about the choppers getting nerfed are the whores that would spawn camp and get kill after kill with very little consequence. A helo with a good gunner used to be hell on earth for ground pounders. Now that infantry actually has a chance (PKM, Antitank, any vehicle with a machine gun) I see people complaining about it.

I agree with the lowered armor on the helos, they were WAY too strong before, but I'm not sure Dice should have lowered the rocket count. Seriously, how many choppers in the real world can survive more than one direct hit from a tank shell? Probably zero. I know Dice goes for fun and balance more than realism, but still, it really was a flying tank before.

Comment

Working...
                              X