Try special forces expansion! It doesn't suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try special forces expansion! It doesn't suck

Hello, I have been playing vanilla BF2 for some time. I signed up on eadownloader to get ready for the euro expansion. Well so many reviews said SF sucks, often won't run, not worth the money I figured I'd give it a pass forever. Then on a whim I thought what the hell, I'll finally try it anyway.

I've only been playing a week, but I have to say it's totally fun! I don't understand why people were so down on it, cause I'm loving it. The worst aspect of vanilla BF2, is how grossly powered aircraft is, so I was sticking to karland or sometimes sharqi because it gets boring being fodder. Well guess what, special forces has lots of heavily infantry oriented maps. I encourage you to give a try if you have a good system. Some of the maps take significantly longer to start up. If you install special forces you have to reinstall the FULL 1.2 patch to get it going.

Re: Try special forces expansion! It doesn't suck

Hmm, yeah, I remember reading this on the EA website.

Comment

Originally posted by Village_Idiot
      Hello, I have been playing vanilla BF2 for some time. I signed up on eadownloader to get ready for the euro expansion. Well so many reviews said SF sucks, often won't run, not worth the money I figured I'd give it a pass forever. Then on a whim I thought what the hell, I'll finally try it anyway.

I've only been playing a week, but I have to say it's totally fun! I don't understand why people were so down on it, cause I'm loving it. The worst aspect of vanilla BF2, is how grossly powered aircraft is, so I was sticking to karland or sometimes sharqi because it gets boring being fodder. Well guess what, special forces has lots of heavily infantry oriented maps. I encourage you to give a try if you have a good system. Some of the maps take significantly longer to start up. If you install special forces you have to reinstall the FULL 1.2 patch to get it going.
      I agree, i like it better

Comment

I agree. I originally didn't care much for it, but I gave it a chance, and really enjoy it.

Comment

Its ment to be infantry combat, yet the helis still rape with their 14 missiles

Its just annoying to spawn and get camped by a squad of guys who grappling hooked up onto a roof!

Comment

Started playing at christmas,, but gave up on it due to poor performance on account of the game not myself. Post 1.2 i've tried it again but some maps just crash it sometimes??? I'm sticking to vanilla for a while longer although i urge to play warlord with the L96

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit_toof
              Post 1.2 i've tried it again but some maps just crash it sometimes???
              It's another bug wth 1.2, some how slipped through 'testing'

Comment

I prefer regular bf2 much more. 100 times more servers, more fun gameplay, and just less buggy... special forces, seems like a game that was milked just to make more money....

Comment

The testing net deployed on this patch add some pretty big frigging holes in it really. If you can't do a job properly don't do it at all.

Comment

BF2SF is getting a bit of a cult following.
                    I'm not sure what it is about this expansion, but its really addictive.

The maps Surge, Ghost Town and Mass Destruction for me are the best 3 ranked maps going in the series so far.

Throw in the 3rd dimension you can reach via grappling hooks and zip lines and you have a kick ass expansion.

Yeah its got problems, video lag in chopper sometimes on surge and mass destruction (thats on a top end machine fx-55 sli gtx7800's) and the odd crash now and again, but if it gets ironed out i can see this expansion lasting a while yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit_toof
                      Post 1.2 i've tried it again but some maps just crash it sometimes??? I'm sticking to vanilla for a while longer although i urge to play warlord with the L96
                      Gamers who recently updated their copies of Battlefield 2 to version 1.2 may have noticed that the war is sometimes over before it begins. EA is aware of a bug that causes v1.2 to crash when gamers try to play two maps from the Special Forces expansion. All variants of Leviathan and the 32- and 64-player Night Flight maps are affected, and EA is working toward solving the problem.

Quoted from GS

Comment

Me, i prefer vanilla servers (preferably Karkand), but with SF unlocks. I can't live without the G36E and teh MG36 (well actually, post-patch, i can, cause the PKM pwns too much).

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
                          Its just annoying to spawn and get camped by a squad of guys who grappling hooked up onto a roof!
                          Wow that's mean, hope it doesn't happen to me. No wait, I gotta try this to someone else! haha

Comment

I am a SF player also, Since SF is out, I almost only play SF, have more then 200 H SF at the moment, , great maps, great features , don't know why it isn't more popular actualy

Comment

I'll try it once it hits $12.

Comment

Working...
                              X