Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Idea: Junior Commander

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
    So would a lot of folks, even if they don't realize it.

The commander position is laaaame. I would've much preferred DICE invest more time in beefing up the abilities and features of squad leaders and squads, and also in the communication tools between SLs.
    And the ability to talk to other people in your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavlyn
      And the ability to talk to other people in your vehicle.
      At least!

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
        So would a lot of folks, even if they don't realize it.

The commander position is laaaame. I could go on for pages about why.

SImply, I would've much preferred DICE invest more time in beefing up the abilities and features of squad leaders and squads, and also in the communication tools between SLs.

The commander position is pretty lame.. There is not enough to it.. Its boring and repetitive...

They need to make it more complex with more abilities, like turning on the lights on the christmas tree on the Whitehouse Lawn and such..

Comment

Or like a handheld thermal sensor or heart beat sensor that would work on a 50 ft radius or something!

Comment

what it should be is the person with the most points for their team, besides the current commander, should be first in line for the commander spot in the next round

Comment

give SLs the ability to change their kit. thats the only thing that SLs need the ability to do. screw the arty, uav and whatnot. let the SL change his kit be it at a flag or a supply crate. theres been too many times i've been a SL and wanted the ability to swap between support and medic, especially since the commander is usually just dropping supply crates for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by twsmit
                It might be nice for a squad leader to have a backpack UAV that can be carried into the feild, but thats probably something for BF3.. lol

The UAV is already pretty cheap on a map like karklan, its basically a universal map hack, adding more of them to these smallish sized maps would create clutter.
                I agree.

Comment

"USMC calls in an AC-130. China deploys Arty. MEC calls forth a horde of car bombs that race onto the map and charge the location, exploding at the first enemy encountered."

lol.
                  i wouldnt mind just a bit of 'flavor'. right now there is no difference between MEC and USMC for example. yeah there are extremely minor differences between the weapon stats but not enough to make much of a difference.

different types of grenades, IEDs, RPGs, hell maybe even molotov coctails for tanks
                  it just doesnt feel right playing MEC and not having an RPG. wtf?

"give SLs the ability to change their kit. thats the only thing that SLs need the ability to do. screw the arty, uav and whatnot. let the SL change his kit be it at a flag or a supply crate. theres been too many times i've been a SL and wanted the ability to swap between support and medic, especially since the commander is usually just dropping supply crates for himself."

omfg, could anything possibly be any more overpowered?
                  youd never run out of ammo, never run out of health, would be able to lay AT mines, claymores, C4, switch to an ERYX to take out a tank and then to an M4 to snipe someone. lol.

i would give my left nut to have the arty time doubled. on a map like karkand artillery is absolutely @$#%ing rediculous. my g/f was watching me play the other day on karkand where i died before i could take a step a couple times from arty, was spawncamped by an LAV, grenade-spammed, then finally i spawned and was able to take more than 10 steps and i was arty TKd by my own commander. she asked 'how can yoou play this? this is 'fun'?'

arty needs a longer cooldown, grenade spam needs a nerf, and SOMETHING needs to be done to punish moronic commanders for mass arty TKs - or at least reward GOOD commanders for no TKs. a good commander is hard to find. it all goes so smooothly when your own team doesnt bomb your @$$, when you come out of a tank battle and see a supply crate floating down beside you, etc.

unfortunately rank means nothing in this game - just time played. there are some supreme idiots with very high ranks, and they always get the commander spot.
                  would be nice if at the end of the round everyone on a team could give their comnmander a 1-5 ranking. this would go towards a 'commander rating', and THAT would decide wether you goot the commander spot or not.

Comment

My only problem with this is how cheap using UAV's already is. Because i like to sniper, and i only move every three shots, UAV's make it easier for me to get knifed. Otherwise its a good idea. And because i can now shoot down UAV's, it makes it a lot easier for me to survive.

Comment

ive never had a problem with UAVs but then again ive never really played sniper on urban maps.. ill go sniper on, say, dragon valley or kubra dam.. but no way in hell on karkand, its suicide. hell at the furthest range you can be i can take you out with the new 1-mile grenade throws, or just an assault rifle.
                      but even if it werent for the UAV, there are like 4-5 places snipers hide on karkand, and most good players will avoid being in their field of fire or take them out immediately.
                      theres a flood of snipers on karkand these days because of the damned claymore spam. my personal favorite is when they place one at your spawn point, so you spawn in and blow up before your character model even renders.

to stay alive on karkand you just always have to keep moving - but yeah the UAV is a little overpowered.

i suppose if they nerfed commander powers noone would want to play commander anymore. its never really appealed to me so i havent been commander much, but i guess laying behind the sandbags on karkand for an hour can get pretty boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhearted
                        ive never had a problem with UAVs but then again ive never really played sniper on urban maps.. ill go sniper on, say, dragon valley or kubra dam.. but no way in hell on karkand, its . hell at the furthest range you can be i can take you out with the new 1-mile throws, or just an assault rifle.
                        but even if it werent for the UAV, there are like 4-5 places snipers hide on karkand, and most good players will avoid being in their field of fire or take them out immediately.
                        theres a flood of snipers on karkand these days because of the damned claymore spam. my personal favorite is when they place one at your spawn point, so you spawn in and blow up before your character even renders.

to stay alive on karkand you just always have to keep moving - but yeah the UAV is a little overpowered.

i suppose if they nerfed commander powers noone would want to play commander anymore. its never really appealed to me so i havent been commander much, but i guess laying behind the sandbags on karkand for an hour can get pretty boring.
                        You are very correct, but have you ever read the book "shooter" by Jack Coughlin. Before the USA went into AFghanistan they were already planning in urban combat scenarios. After a short time Jack was allowed to have his sniper team join the fun. Using the electrovic buzzer gun thingies, his team of sixteen men halted and entire batallion and the game had to be stopped. There is room for snipers in Urban situations, the shots are closer, the result is more devestaing, and all it take is a little more patience.

Comment

Except the midget part.
                          Lol!

Comment

How about this idea for a commander:

Each commander could tweak time in between Arty/UAV usage vs. Radius of use.

So, a commander could make the UAV scanning radius huge and take up the whole map but only use it once every five minutes or make the scanning radius tiny and use it every 30 seconds. Also, with artillery, the commander would have to wait 5 minutes for a huge barrage or maybe be able to fire 1 shell every 30 seconds.

I think that would be neat to try.

Comment

Working...
                            X