Suggestion to correct the no FF explosives problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion to correct the no FF explosives problem

Generally, the problem now is that snipers just spam claymores everywhere, especially at flags and alleys, to get free kills with no risk of hurting any team members from the explosion. They can also lockout an entire area with the enemy having no possibly way to go through without dying first.

Here are three suggestions:

1. Have it go back to how it was, but have the TKs from it not be punishable, but still have a negative impact on your score to prevent griefing abuse.

2. Have it as is, but allow people that have kits that can drop that type of explosive "disarm" it. IE, if a sniper runs across a claymore from behind, he can crouch down behind it and disarm it. You'd think experts with a particular type of explosive would known how to disarm them, as well.

3. Have them destroyable.

Seriously, 100% lockdowns of an area is rediculous with claymores this patch. For example, the southern flag in Sharqi. The building near it that has the AA on top, you can put one claymore at both doors and forever lock someone inside and forever lock everyone from entering it unless someone runs across it and sacrifices themselves. How is that realistic?

Re: Suggestion to correct the no FF explosives problem

The second option is exactly what they are going to implement next patch (or a hotfix) It was planned that way for this release but they couldnt get it working in time so released it as-is because it was already overdue.

Personally i think they should have left it like it was before, so you Tk'd with them and could be punished, it was only a problem after the initial release and most people didnt leave them in silly places in the previous few months.

It was the MINES that desperatly needed this FF change they implemented as the Engineers had no real use apart from Tank and APC drivers, seeing as the shotgun is close range only and you couldnt tell mines from C4 which caused most of the TK's.

Comment

I would say a simple fix would be to allow destruction of claymores by explosives. The problem right now is they are indestructible. You wouldn't see 20 claymores in the alleys of the hotel anymore because the nade barrage would take care of most of them. If the claymore is set correctly, there is no way to disarm it by going at them from behind. Plus, if you're smart and you want them unable to be disarmed, then just drop two opposite of each other. Voila! Can't disarm without tripping one of them. I think reenabling the destruction of Claymores is the better way to go. Making them TKable again just makes them grief magnets(I've watched teammates walk up to them, start AT them for 10 seconds, then run right across them)

I used them pre-patch and almost got my expert badge with them(35 kills, short just 2 kills ) I used to be one of the only people using them offensively on maps I played. Now I see a sharp increase of people just spreading them around. I knew it was going to be the new C4 :/.

Comment

Engineers can disarm claymores with the wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
          A smart sniper will lay Claymores that support each other, making disarming them impossible without a death. Maybe to alleve this, they could make it so you could go past a Claymore if you were prone? I saw this suggestion on another thread, and it actually makes a little sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
            Really? I didn't know that. Won't really believe it until I've tried it myself. :P

As for the claymores.. the problem is really that they can't be destroyed by hand grenades anymore - there's NO way to get rid of a cleverly places mine now except walking into it. Which is idiotic. I totally agree with making AT mines impossible to destroy with explosives (since they were terribly nerfed before), but claymores really don't need that advantage. If they don't kill friendlies, that's MORE than enough to make them not only viable, but very, very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
              It was the MINES that desperatly needed this FF change they implemented as the Engineers had no real use apart from Tank and APC drivers, seeing as the shotgun is close range only and you couldnt tell mines from C4 which caused most of the TK's.
              I don't understand why it's not easier to distinguish between friendly mines, claymores and C4 packs. Wouldn't having a separate, easily distinguished icon for each solve a lot of problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck0
                I don't understand why it's not easier to distinguish between friendly mines, claymores and C4 packs. Wouldn't having a separate, easily distinguished icon for each solve a lot of problems?
                Thats already there. Only friendly mines show the RED X, enemy mines do not show this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eden
                  Thats already there. Only friendly mines show the RED X, enemy mines do not show this.
                  It's hard to distinguish between friendly mines and friendly C4.

Comment

I am afraid I don't agree with going back to how it was but there should be a limit on the amount you can place. And as to locking somewhere down......do what I had to do last night - TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM -

Comment

heres a solution:

in addition to making them disarmable, make support drops only replenish bullets. in one shot it would end grenade-spamming, noob-toobing, claymore and mine-spamming, etc.

if you really think about it, the secondary kit items you get should be enough for one game 'life', and if not you can still get more from supply crates. claymore/mine spamming, grenade spamming and rampant noob-tubing can only exist with an abundance of supply kits laying around that replenish them. this would also balance support a bit, since they now have incredibly effective weapons they dont need a limitless supply of grenades to spam at enemies.

i think that if they only resupplied rifle ammo, it would both remove a lot of the spamming problems that are in the game as well as add new weight to your original kit items - now, rather than lob all of your grenades over the first building into the fenced area at the first flag at karkand, you will conserve them - because you might end up in an alley with MEC around a corner, or need to clear them off a roof or off the hotel flag balcony, etc.

this is the way it SHOULD be. it is far more realistic than chucking 5 grenades over 2-story buildings like a star quarterback and hoping they hit someone, then just picking up a magic pack that gives you 5 more. rinse and repeat.

right now on city maps there are more deaths due to mines, c4, grenade and claymore spamming than anything. add in artillery and it doesnt even feel like a tactical FPS anymore but rather a game of 'dodge the grenades and arty'.

Comment

Yeah, support only being able to resupply bullets is a pretty good idea...

Comment

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
                          1. Have it go back to how it was, but have the TKs from it not be punishable, but still have a negative impact on your score to prevent griefing abuse.

2. Have it as is, but allow people that have kits that can drop that type of explosive "disarm" it. IE, if a sniper runs across a claymore from behind, he can crouch down behind it and disarm it. You'd think experts with a particular type of explosive would known how to disarm them, as well.

3. Have them destroyable.
                          why not all three?

1) keep it so mines cant be detonated by friendlies by default, and keep the option.

2) let snipers disarm claymore and spec ops disarm c4. and let enginiers disarm all three.

3)yes, definitly let explosives kill any type of mine OR c4!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck0
                            yes it would, but that would be to simple wouldnt it

Comment

hay guys I have a better idea!!!!

lets just ****ing get rid of claymores all together!!!

I've never even heard of a sniper carrying claymores around anyways!!!

so....next patch no more claymores, ok? ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X