No announcement yet.

For those of you who have been having lag/high ping problems, please read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who have been having lag/high ping problems, please read this

Please go to
    Use our NEW speed test tool to test how fast your broadband or mobile internet connection really is. Read broadband news, information and join our community

and run a speed test and post your results with your system specs
    Don't just write the entire history of your computer, all i need is:

CPU
    RAM (include detail, timings if possible)
    video card
    hard disk
    sound card

I will try to help everyone whenever I have time.

The test I gave the link to is very important. Please make sure that you have NO background processes that is related to internet running.

Regards,

Maranello

Re: For those of you who have been having lag/high ping problems, please read this

Here are my results:

Download speed : 4506 kbps
    Upload speed: 734 kbps

PC Specs:

P4 3.0 Ghz Prescott w/Ht
    2 GB DDR2 667 Mhz RAM
    eVGA 7800 GT CO
    SoundBlaster 4 Audigy
    80 GB SATA

I have no lag whatsoever in ANY server that is located within the US. I also get no lag from the server located in England, France, Germany. But I do get some lag from swedish or norweigien servers.

My ping is usually between 20-30ns, and the highest I saw was mid 50s. If i connect to European servers, i get around 80-100ns ping but I don't lag.

Also, your ping doesn't have a lot to do with lag. Lag is totally different and pings usually don't reflect the amount of lag.

Comment

Re: For those of you who have been having lag/high ping problems, please read this

cool im to lazy to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkPilot73
        cool im to lazy to do it.

cool then don't post.

Comment

Those tests aren't really the best to use. You're better off here: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

They have more locations to choose from. Be sure to choose the ones CLOSEST to your location. When I did the test using a server in Cali, I got 2.8Mbps. When I choose a server in NY I got 7.5Mbps, which is what it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by jnick
            Those tests aren't really the best to use. You're better off here: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

They have more locations to choose from. Be sure to choose the ones CLOSEST to your location. When I did the test using a server in Cali, I got 2.8Mbps. When I choose a server in NY I got 7.5Mbps, which is what it should be.

There is a link to other locations in the website I gave. There are 328 locations all around the world, and there is a server in every state in the US if you click the other link.

Comment

I got similar results from your link. However for more locations (328), here is the link:

Use our NEW speed test tool to test how fast your broadband or mobile internet connection really is. Read broadband news, information and join our community

Comment

Download: 220.35
                Upload: 114.90

Granted I live in Minnesota, and most of the servers I play on are ont eh West Coast.

Comment

If you really wanted to help people with latency you would be better off directing them to http://www.dslreports.com/linequality ... what does speed test have to do with latency? 99% of the time its going to tell you nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jnick
                    I guess you didn't see the 4th link that said " Show 323 speedtest sites ordered by location"

Comment

From the Speakeasy one:
                      Last Result:
                      Download Speed: 15002 kbps (1875.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
                      Upload Speed: 1583 kbps (197.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

AMD 3500+ 2.2gHz
                      200gb Western Digital SATA hd
                      nVidia GeForce 7800GT 256mb
                      19" Generic Dell Monitor
                      19" Generic Dell Monitor (Secondary)
                      2x 1gb Corsair ValueSelect RAM (in DIMM)
                      2x DVD-RW drives 48x/16x/16x
                      Onboard Soundcard
                      NZXT Guardian Case - Silver (Crafted Gaming Armor)

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                        From the Speakeasy one:
                        Last Result:
                        Download Speed: 15002 kbps (1875.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
                        Upload Speed: 1583 kbps (197.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

AMD 3500+ 2.2gHz
                        200gb Western Digital SATA hd
                        nVidia GeForce 7800GT 256mb
                        19" Generic Dell Monitor
                        19" Generic Dell Monitor (Secondary)
                        2x 1gb Corsair ValueSelect RAM (in DIMM)
                        2x DVD-RW drives 48x/16x/16x
                        Onboard Soundcard
                        NZXT Guardian Case - Silver (Crafted Gaming Armor)

~Salad
                        wow salad, 15000!!! you have your own satellite mate?:laugh:

Comment

Haha, no. Running Verizon FiOS (Fiber Optics). Costs me less than $40/mo.

My system and my internet connection are both above average, and I'm running the game on medium/high, but still getting lag (ping average of about 120-150).

~Salad

Comment

Well you have a VERY similar system compared to mine, and 9 out of 10 times i play BF2, i get less than 30 ping and no lag. It's really weird.

Let me ask you this, is your internet stable? That is do you constantly get that speed or does it go down and up?

When i first bought the game i was having problems with my internet, my internet was totally unstable, i would get 1000kbps one minute, 5000kbps 10 minutes later. That would cause terrible lag, "there is a problem with your connection" error. Then i called my ISP and they changed my modem, and i havent had that problem (and the lag) since then.

Comment

HI

Holy Shnikees SladFork! I felt faint seeing those speeds! YIKES....

ASUS A8V Deluxe
                              Athlon FX-55 San Diego Core
                              2 gigs Corsair PC3200
                              Win XP SP2
                              Saphire X800XT PE Cat 6.0

speeds

UP: 2515 kpbs
                              Down: 362 kpbs

QUESTION Please:

How can kpbs be translated to Mbps?

Yes, having new trouble with performance after patch.
                              Seems similar to the "memory leak" issue after the, what was it. the second patch? Play is smooth for 5-20 minutes (tops) and then....stuttering slightly, then progressively slower to chugging.

Thanks for any help

Soso

Comment

Working...
                              X