BF2 (legit) locks up at splash screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 (legit) locks up at splash screen

Well bro I have a Dell 9300 also and same problem. Did a bunch of digging and it looks to be an optical drive issue. The TS-L532B drive in my 9300 can;t read certain kinds of the copyright protected discs. So when we hear the drive spin up and then nothing it's because the drive is not reading the copyright stuff correctly. I am online with Dell support to see if I can get a different drive. Stay tuned....

UPDATE: Well contacted Dell......first mistake. I was using the online chat support for over an hour and after all that all they could tell me is there was something wrong with the "3rd party" discs. Gave me some kind of 800 number to call. What a bunch of ...... Well I took it upon myself and ordered a new NEC drive from Newegg for $80 (Dell had the same drive $200!!). I am going to swap the drive and see what happens.

Comment

I'll go check out newegg right now.

Comment

I just installed an old CD-rw drive from an Inspiron 8000 that i had laying in a box. Put the cd in the drive, the game fired up.

usually this doesn't mean anything because I can restart and the game won't run.

I rebooted, ran the game, batta-bing.

It's the TSST drive. I have the TS-L532B, I think this is a new version. A buddy of mine has the same laptop but his game works with no problems. I am gonna find out what drive model he has to make sure. Hopefully that NEC works out, cause I am ordered it tommorow.

This ****es me off because I returned NFSMW because of the same issue I had with BF2. EA's answer for NFSMW was that they never tested it with laptops. I bet it worked, because the demo worked just fine.

Oh well, THANKS snyperx for the drive replacement idea. I had thought about it and was going to give it a try at some time. But you gave me the push. It works. Get rid of that DVD drive from dell, mine is going on ebay.

Comment

Working...
        X