Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any good flight sim that records ur stats online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: any good flight sim that records ur stats online?

btw, none of the simulation games use a stat system. Thats why they are simulations not arcade. You don't respawn in 15 seconds once you crash. You die, and you are dead, its that simple

Comment

Yes, LOMAC is the middle-man when it comes to realism, but it is nowhere, and I repeat nowhere close to being considered "arcadish" in depth and detail.

I would recommend LOMAC for x0pht as a result, since he IS asking strait from BF2, yet IS looking for a sim.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
        Yes, LOMAC is the middle-man when it comes to realism, but it is nowhere, and I repeat nowhere close to being considered "arcadish" in depth and detail.

I would recommend LOMAC for x0pht as a result, since he IS asking strait from BF2, yet IS looking for a sim.
        I played LOMAC for a month, the first time i installed the game, i was able to finish F-15 campaign in the first try. Same with A-10 and Su-34, then i stopped playing, its just too easy. The graphics are good and they do make you play the game but then it gets boring.

Comment

Easy for an obvious fellow die-hard simmer. Of course the campaigns may be easy to complete, as the AI is pretty mediocre, but you can create more complex missions to your own desire with however much enemy aircraft you want and with multiple hostile threats on the ground to eliminate. The possibilities are endless, and it still takes the correct employed tactics to complete a certain goal.

Again, this is coming from you, but honestly, to a total newb, LOMAC is NOT easy, It is litterally just too much for them. You have no idea how many people come into our forums asking how the heck we even remember all the controls, keys, system usage and operation, ect ect. LOMAC itself has lost a large chunk of its buyers simply because they were looking for something more simple and straitforward. This proves from an unbiased perspective that It obviously is more than just your typical "arcade game."

LOMAC and F4 have their strengths in terms of realism. Aircraft and missle flight dynamics and physics are by FAR much much more complex and detailed than F4's. Have you even played the Flaming Cliffs Expansion? It took the team more than a year to model the SU25T's flight dynamics, and it really shines. Real Su25T pilots are stunned by the level of detail LOMAC portrays it. From shredding your tires, to ripping the wings off from over-G pulls, to batteries running out on certain systems and avionics, and just to the pure feeling of flying a sluggish-Pig of a fighter. And don't get me started on damage modeling..

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
            Easy for an obvious fellow die-hard simmer. Of course the campaigns may be easy to complete, as the AI is pretty mediocre, but you can create more complex missions to your own desire with however much enemy aircraft you want and with multiple hostile threats on the ground to eliminate. The possibilities are endless, and it still takes the correct employed tactics to complete a certain goal.

Again, this is coming from you, but honestly, to a total newb, LOMAC is NOT easy, It is litterally just too much for them. You have no idea how many people come into our forums asking how the heck we even remember all the controls, keys, system usage and operation, ect ect. LOMAC itself has lost a large chunk of its buyers simply because they were looking for something more simple and straitforward. This proves from an unbiased perspective that It obviously is more than just your typical "arcade game."

LOMAC and F4 have their strengths in terms of realism. Aircraft and missle flight dynamics and physics are by FAR much much more complex and detailed than F4's. Have you even played the Flaming Cliffs Expansion? It took the team more than a year to model the SU25T's flight dynamics, and it really shines. Real Su25T pilots are stunned by the level of detail LOMAC portrays it. From shredding your tires, to ripping the wings off from over-G pulls, to batteries running out on certain systems and avionics, and just to the pure feeling of flying a sluggish-Pig of a fighter. And don't get me started on damage modeling..

http://www.lockon.ru/img/products/large/88.jpg

ooooooo...why didnt you tell me you were from LOMAC forums?ROFL! Most people have no idea what i am talking about. There is this endless battle going on between lomac and Falcon for years

Yes i played the expansion pack, i like both games. But everything you are saying are about the "look", the graphics, and so on. I played both games "a lot" my friend, i mean i am a flight sim freak, and i play those games more than i play BF2.

I dont care about how the tires sound when you land, i dont care how the cockpit looks, but in lomac, when you are in 35,000 ft, and make a 75 degree left bank, you dont feel the 9.5 Gs on you. and the whole "over G over G" thing is just so annoying.

But i like the graphics, i mean i have 7800 GT and i have 2 GB DDR2 ram, and i play the game on 1600 x 1200, all high, AA and AF maxed out and i do get amazing graphics.

However, it is really easy for me. I mean i dont even know if lomac has a manual, but i am talking about a 820 page F-16 manual here (btw u mention F4, Falcon 4.0 is not F4, its F-16). Its more complicated than my AI book (which is a graduate level class btw). and if you dont read that manual at least once and if you dont go over every single practice in there, you will not stay alive over 10 minutes when you are flying.

One example..In lomac, when you are just flying straight, say 10-15,000 ft, and you use your afterburners and try to make a sharp 90 degree turn, what happens? (this is at max speed) nothing, all you get is the red screen and over G warning. Try that in F-16, you are gonna lose your flaps, or even your wings if your F-16 already damaged.

You can not compare the two games. The people who actually do play Falcon are real pilots from USAF or RAF or other Air Forces from all over the world. People who play lomac are gamers who have either no or a little knowledge about (dont like this term but..) "flying a plane".

Final word...You want realism, you are sick of making 90 degree turns while going 2,000 mph and flyin 10 feet of the ground while doing that? Play Falcon 4.0. If you are not that serious, and just want to be able to have fun within an hour of play, buy Lomac. They are both great games, they just server a different purpose.

Comment

You could always try Battleground Europe (aka World War II Online). Graphics aren't anything special, but if you like flying, and supporting ground troops like BF2, then you *may* like it. It's a persistent battlefield with a ranking system etc, so if that's what appeals, it's a bonus.

LOMAC 1.1 (Flaming Cliffs) is an excellent sim. Ignore Maranello , Falcon manages to simulate the F16 cockpit systems very well, and the single player dynamic campaign is the mutt's nuts, but LOMAC actually has more realistic flight dynamics, weapon and radar systems behaviours etc. If you want to spend time pushing buttons (choose a ramp start it will take you 15-20 minutes just to get in the air... ) go with Falcon, otherwise LOMAC offers several planes and lots of eye candy, but still requires a lot of thought to progress with setting set to full realism. They're both actually very cheap so buy them both.

LOMAC

Falcon: Allied Force

SimHQ - Lots of articles, decent forums etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Flares
                They're both actually very cheap so buy them both.
                Thats what i did

You guys are makin me sound like the sales department manager from Falcon 4.0. I am just saying both games are good, they are very different.

What really made me mad was, when i bought Lomac, i was able to land the aircraft in my first try without ANY problems or whatsoever. Now thats not normal, it shouldnt be that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by maranello
                  You guys are makin me sound like the sales department manager from Falcon 4.0.

lmao... are u?

thanks alot for the input guys, i really appreciate it. very nice reviews for both LOMAC and Falcon.

i will check them out at the local stores, or maybe i'll dowload both of the games and try them, see which one i prefer. i'm not good with flight sims. i remember i had a hard time to play MS Flight Sim lol... (if u sim freaks consider it as a flight sim )

Comment

i reinstalled lomac the other day and had a lil fun with it. evidently some of the new nvidia drivers cleared up some of my stability issues with the game.

Comment

so when you go to dogfight online in either LOMAC or Falcon 4.0 is it even any fun? If they're realistic wouldn't you just fire missiles at little HUD boxes while the target is over 20 miles away? It's probably not Top Gun is it.

Comment

Originally posted by HABO3
                        so when you go to dogfight online in either LOMAC or Falcon 4.0 is it even any fun? If they're realistic wouldn't you just fire missiles at little HUD boxes while the target is over 20 miles away? It's probably not Top Gun is it.
                        You will HAVE TO dogfight with your cannon when you are out of missiles, remember that these are flight simulations not arcade games like BF2? Remember in flight sims you don't rearm in every 20 seconds by passing the airfield?

None of the missiles that i am aware of locks on a target that is 20 miles away. That is like 32 kilometers. The best one I have ever used locked on target 9-10 miles away with %30 accuracy. Usually you shoot your missiles from 2-3 miles away which is nothing for jet fighters that are making 2-3 mach.

Comment

good info makes me wanna buy falcon 4.0 .. but where u get it?

Comment

Originally posted by -ChiCken
                            good info makes me wanna buy falcon 4.0 .. but where u get it?
                            I couldn't find it online (download I mean), so I bought it from Bestbuy.

Comment

okay cool

Comment

Working...
                              X