Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any good flight sim that records ur stats online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any good flight sim that records ur stats online?

question as titled.

Re: any good flight sim that records ur stats online?

rrriiiggghhhttt....shouldnt this be in that area called other games or sumfing?

Comment

Originally posted by Coi
      rrriiiggghhhttt....shouldnt this be in that area called other games or sumfing?
      since i havent got any helpful replies yet, do you think i might have a better luck in other boards? :laugh:

Comment

i dont know of any.

Comment

Heroes of the Pacific has online play but apparently the multiplayer is pretty crappy and I doubt it has stat tracking.

Comment

i see... then how about lock-on or some games like that, are they popular? i mean i dont wanna buy the game then go on an online server with all the excitement then find im the only one on it lol..

Comment

Well....LOCK-ON is a great game, but it is filled with realism freaks. They're all about realism, and limited fun for my liking. There are a few members, but not that many. You also have to egt the expansion pack, since most have moved to that. You would also need to use Hyper Lobby and not the online service provided by ubisfot. Hyperlobby is free though.

It doe snot track stats. In the new patch, there are messages telling you who you shot down or who shot you down, but most of the realism freaks take that off...that's what made me really angry.

Comment

lol.. realism freaks.

Comment

lockon is ok, but it wasnt too stable on my machine, so sixed it.

Comment

1. Flight Simulator 2004
                    2. Falcon 4.0: AF
                    3. LOMAC: Lock on Modern Combat

Comment

Originally posted by x0pht
                      i see... then how about lock-on or some games like that, are they popular? i mean i dont wanna buy the game then go on an online server with all the excitement then find im the only one on it lol..

Buy Falcon 4.0 AF, it will be at least 8-12 months until you want to play it with another human being, I mean that...

Comment

Originally posted by maranello
                        Buy Falcon 4.0 AF, it will be at least 8-12 months until you want to play it with another human being, I mean that...
                        lol.. i think i might go give it a try just for that comment. does it have a global ranking system?

Comment

If you're int single player, I say LOMAC is good too. It has a campaign for each aircraft.

Also the realsm in that game is nuts. If real jets had a keyborad you could fly real jets after playing this game for a bit. I actually went though instructional steps, and took notes! I drew stuff and wrote things...about 4 pages total of notes for 3 aircraft.
                          Teaches you all..from basic navigation to how to use your guidance laser and when it's cooling.

The guidance system for a new jet they added for expansion (I forget name..it's an SU-34 or something like that...attack jet) you can see where your camera is set on. And you can zoom in adn watch the enemy tank on FLIR. IF I had good graphics I could make a movie and you could almost say it's real footage. It certainly has some awsome features.

Comment

LOMAC all the way. Realism, graphics (x100), pretty alive community thats still up n' kickin, modern combat, pretty much the most enjoyment in a sim that I've EVER had. If nothing, looking at the beauty of the game itself has won me over.

LOMAC is widely played online on Hyperlobby. The entire community are NOT total realism freaks, but just enjoy immersion. There are always several servers that tune down the realism with labels or such.

Originally posted by RS-Rom
                            The guidance system for a new jet they added for expansion (I forget name..it's an SU-34 or something like that...attack jet) you can see where your camera is set on. And you can zoom in adn watch the enemy tank on FLIR. IF I had good graphics I could make a movie and you could almost say it's real footage. It certainly has some awsome features.
                            Its the Su-25T which came with the Flaming Cliffs 1.1 expansion. Well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by RS-Rom
                              If you're int single player, I say LOMAC is good too. It has a campaign for each aircraft.

Also the realsm in that game is nuts. If real jets had a keyborad you could fly real jets after playing this game for a bit. I actually went though instructional steps, and took notes! I drew stuff and wrote things...about 4 pages total of notes for 3 aircraft.
                              Teaches you all..from basic navigation to how to use your guidance laser and when it's cooling.

You call LOMAC good? alright let me explain things a bit...

LOMAC is arcade-simulation type of game, its right in the middle. You can buy the game, spend 2 hours without any knowledge of modern aircraft, and finish all the campaigns in a week...

Falcon 4.0 AF has a manual that you MUST read. Its 820 pages long...Its longer than original F-16 manual. The simulation (I am not calling it a game) is used for many military forces by training professional pilots. It's AI is so good (Artificial Intelligence - meaning its campaigns), it takes over a month sometimes to finish 1 mission in a campaign (and there are many campaigns) and by 1 month, I dont mean its "hard", its not like you keep failing and you need to restart the mission, no definetly not, it takes 1 month because it is so long and you don't get bored.

Falcon 4.0 AF is the first and the only modern aircraft simulation that is close to real life 99%. The cockpit of F-16 in the game is the same as the real one. Now listen to this, ALL the buttons, switches, and every other thing CAN be used. But i mean everything, you can even open the hatch and get out.

In fact, once you start a mission (this is optional), you can go through the entire "turning on the aircraft" process, which really takes over 20 minutes. Same thing after landing.

I have all the certificates from Flight simulator 2004, i played flight simulator for 7 years, and i am a very good pilot. I can land a 747 in a day with %10 visibility, snow, rain, thunderstorm, 8/8 turbulance, and you name it, with just using my avionics, but it took me over 2 months just to land F-16 in that game sucessfully.

So it comes down to this...

LOMAC is definetly not a realism game. It is more realistic than BF2 of course, but its arcade style flight simulation. Falcon adds to your skill A LOT. After playing falcon for 1 month, you can come here and actually realize 99.9% of the people here (including the |CCC|PlaneWhore guy) actually noobs and they don't even know how to correctly pull up the damn jet. But, if you wanna get in the cockpit, and wanna shoot down Migs 2 hours after you install the game, buy LOMAC.

I must also warn you, LOMAC's graphics are a lot better than Falcon's. If you are looking for graphics or easyness and fun, dont buy Falcon, because you will get really mad after 30 minutes

Comment

Working...
                              X