X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DICE: Illogical

I don't get this game.

First the AA is underpowered. They 'fix' it so the AA is overpowered. Now everybody in a plane/heli dies every other minute. The most obvious work around to me would be to make the AA a skill based weapon rather than having to rely on the programming to get a kill for you. I.e. why not have a cross-hair in the AA with 3 concentric circles. Fire the AA with the target in the largest circle, 50% chance of getting a hit. Fire in the second smallest circle; 75% and firing in the smallest circle; 90% chance of a hit. Its the most obvious solution.

Now the game is geared towards your average 12-year old idiot who wants to kill and be killed every 5 seconds.

Also, the annoying issue with one person in a heli switching seats from pilot to gunner which makes the AA lose its lock. This may have been fixed but why not just say 'if a person is in a heli, make it a lockable target' instead of only having the driver as a target.

Just thought I'd have myself a rant.

Re: DICE: Illogical

This is probably thread #123453214 about the AA.

Why do not you say the pilots should get used to the new AA?
    The used to move freely ANYWHERE without fearing "death". Now they have to take the AA before doing their job. what is the problem with that?

Comment

If you don't like the AA improvement just cut yourself.

Comment

Yeah, funny that Jester.

/me looks for ****er smilie.

Comment

Originally posted by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
          This is probably thread #123453214 about the AA.

Why do not you say the pilots should get used to the new AA?
          The used to move freely ANYWHERE without fearing "death". Now they have to take the AA before doing their job. what is the problem with that?
          The problem is the AA respawns WAY too quickly. Why worry so much about it whe it will be back again by the time you bomb something, reload and come back?

Pilots are spending more time dealing with AA, than helping their team.

Comment

btw, AA is NOT overpowered. it depends on the pilot's skill. last night, in kubra dam, one pilot (starts with -=CCC=- or something like that) racked up 44 kills!

throughout the entire round, players were complaining how the AA still doesn't work.

so, again, it's a combo of pilot skill and common sense when using the AA. imo, they got it right.

Comment

ALL this crap about the AA is bollocks i was on a full 32 man server wake was the map i had lots of AA fired at me and i avoided most of them and im not an expert pilot.

End of round i had 20 kills and 3 deaths so this AA over :laugh: powered thig is pure crap

Comment

Originally posted by mikelar10
                Now everybody in a plane/heli dies every other minute.
                i got 50/6 on wake 32 players last night, it comes down to this. the new aa is deadly, but it only has a certain range, sty out of that range, and you will be fine. its a whole new game and let me say this, the cannon works better than ever. if im out of missiles i can still cannon some fool, infact its almost as effective on fighters now as it was on bombers before, it kills, anyways, the missiles are great and i welcome them, ps: i had a 7/1 ratio in jets before, so dont go saying i like the new patch because i sucked before, because i owned, and i still do, i just changed how i operate, now jets and aa are a far greater priority because i cant just turn hard to avoid them. and as for choppers, they just need to use cover now, its not hard, just take the most clandestine routes, and dont try to fight everyone at once. think man think!

Comment

The whole AA argument is flawed imo. Nobody in his right mind is going to stay in an AA the whole friggin round when you can either shoot people or cap flags which give you way more points.

Comment

Now the game is geared towards your average 12-year old idiot who wants to kill and be killed every 5 seconds.
                    It's been like that long before now, it's just gone from off the deep end to somewhere about 20 feet through the bottom of the pool now. I basically look at the patch like this:

[--A--B-------------------------------------------------------C]

Point A is where the tweaks to the game should have been. This would have involved actually CONSIDERING the gameplay effects and applying through processes to the development of the patch.

Point B is where the nerfing becomes absolutely silly and considered overboard.

Point C is what EA/DICE have done with patch 1.2

Comment

I don't get this game.

First the AA is underpowered. They 'fix' it so the AA is overpowered. Now everybody in a plane/heli dies every other minute. The most obvious work around to me would be to make the AA a skill based weapon rather than having to rely on the programming to get a kill for you. I.e. why not have a cross-hair in the AA with 3 concentric circles. Fire the AA with the target in the largest circle, 50% chance of getting a hit. Fire in the second smallest circle; 75% and firing in the smallest circle; 90% chance of a hit. Its the most obvious solution.

Also, the annoying issue with one person in a heli switching seats from pilot to gunner which makes the AA lose its lock. This may have been fixed but why not just say 'if a person is in a heli, make it a lockable target' instead of only having the driver as a target.

Just thought I'd have myself a rant.
                      That's actually a pretty good idea. I would like to make a suggestion though. Instead of the circle thingy make it have a crosshair. The longer you keep the crosshairs on target before firing the higher probability of a hit is. Say 1-2 seconds for full accuracy on the airplanes and 2-4 seconds for helicopters. I'm not sure what the base accuracy should be at though. Maybe 20-25%?

Comment

Being a newbie pilot i think the AA is great, i got my highest kill count last night as a pilot, by countinually using the cannon on AA sites, everyone flocks around the things now waiting to down jets.

Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Don't get me wrong i liked the AA b4 spent alot of time honing my skills now its too easy and people are thinking its an easy kill, but if the pilot is good enough your mincemeat.

Comment

I think the new AA is great it will promot more teamwork between aircraft & ground units. If infantry want aircover they must supress AA & with improved sniper rifles camping in a AA battery will be dangerous. Tanks & APC that want aircover will need to take out static & moble AA @ every oprtunity, teamwork is a good thing mmmmK.

Comment

Working...
                          X