Battle Recorder Files Dont Work?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Recorder Files Dont Work?!?!

Dammit, the dam battle recorder files from 1.12 dont work with 1.2, this REALLY ****es me off as i have to uninstall and reinstall the freggin game with the 1.12 patch to view them, which i haven't done. I am extremely ****ed at dice and ea for missing this as i have over 100 battle recorder files which i view frequently, and a patch screws it up. I had 2 action videos, and one movie in progress and now i'm completely halted and have about 6x the amount of work ahead of me. As for the changes with the patch, i could really care less now, as about 60 hours of battle recorder file work has been trashed because of this stupid patch.

Re: Battle Recorder Files Dont Work?!?!

Same thing happed in all the previous patches too

Comment

ya this is total garbage, wtf am i supposed to do?

Comment

Unfortunatly, there's a very good reason for this.

The BR files are nothing more than the instruction stream that the server has recived during game play. Playback is just feeding those same instructions back to the game engine.

If you were to play back a 1.12 version BR file with a 1.2 engine, thins just wouldn't work. Shots that didn't hit before would hit now, missiles that went astray would find their targets, choppers that took XXX damage and survived would go boom.

I hope that makes sense. I've mentioned this before... it's an unfortunate limitation of the system that no upwards compatability in .demo files can/will ever exist.

The best thing you can do is to keep backs of each version if you want to go back and render something.

Comment

I have a question!

Has anyone when watching the BR crash to desktop?
          I have tried many demos from many servers and it keeps doing it and its really starting to be a pain in my @@@. If anyone could please let me know
          that is going on or if its happin to them would be great.

Thanks!:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Optima
            I have a question!

I have tried many demos from many servers and it keeps doing it and its really starting to be a pain in my @@@. If anyone could please let me know

Does it to me too, no matter what. Typical EA. Oddly enough, if I pause straight away, i can wander around for all eternity, but when I press "play", it lasts perhaps 30 seconds and ends. Same place, same time, etc. Tried it with three files so far, all 1.2 obviously.

Comment

I saw early drop outs of the BR playback previous to 1.2 on a friend's comp. We weren't able to find a cause, much less a solution. I've not had a problem on my machine so far.

I'll report back if issues come up... I tend to pull down and review quiet a few BR files from the R2 server.

Comment

Yeah it does that to me too. I sure hope they fix that ASAP cus I have a good clip I would love to make a movie on.

Comment

I have a question!

More important questions, has anyone actually watched a battlefield recorder that they got from the community tabs?

War, whats the ip for the R2 server?

Comment

I have watched them and made movies etc before and now I can not do crap

Comment

Originally posted by MrCool
                      More important questions, has anyone actually watched a battlefield recorder that they got from the community tabs?

War, whats the ip for the R2 server?
                      The IP is: 209.160.40.25
                      port:16567

Unfortunatly, the host still hasn't uploaded the file required to get BR recordings to post properly since 1.2. We're still waitin on that.

Should be all fixed up soonish.

Comment

I have a question!

Yep I have this problem, it works for a couple of minutes and then crashes to the desktop.

Comment

I have a question for those folks who are crashing...

Are you launching the demos from within the game or are any of ya using BattleLauncher to view 'em?

I'm wondering if maybe there's something crossed up in the in-game viewer that is pretending to be a pre-recorded cam with a short duration.

Comment

I have a question!

Are you talking prior to patch 1.2 or since patch 1.2 I have had no probs with any BR files prior to patch 1.2 When our host pulls his finger out and uploads my configured rotate_demo.cfg file to our server so BR will work again with 1.2 (everytime a new patch comes it wipes my rotate_demo.cfg file and it needs to be re-uploaded)

Give us a couple of days and BR should be working again on our server, then I can test it and see if its a problem relating to 1.2 or not.

So check our server in a couple of days, ip is below in my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                              The IP is: 209.160.40.25
                              port:16567

Unfortunatly, the host still hasn't uploaded the file required to get BR recordings to post properly since 1.2. We're still waitin on that.

Should be all fixed up soonish.
                              alright cool guess ill stop by sometime in the future

Comment

Working...
                              X