Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloaded 1.2? You've dropped a bollock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Downloaded 1.2? You've dropped a bollock!

Originally posted by Wargimp
    It basicly says "it's coming soon". It doesn't say it's out. It doesn't even hint that it's ready ta go. It says it's in the final stages.

I quoted the whole thing in my "wouldn't it be funny" thread. Too lazy to re-quote it, so just go look there.
    yes exactly, and it was posted today on the 14th.

They say any patch downloaded before an official announcement on the EA BF2 site, is at your own risk.

Comment

So do people really think that the EA US official servers and multiple official partners were updated to a leaked unfinished beta version of the ranked 1.2 server version as opposed to the actual thing? Yeah right.

Comment

EA Germany have said it'll be released officially today:

To all BF2 players.

A quick note to let you know that the 1.2 patch will be coming out today. Servers are being transferred over now and the client patch will be available for download within the next 12 hours.
        We're sorry if there's been any confusion but thanks for your patience - just a little bit longer to go now!

Thanks,
        The Battlefield Team

Comment

LOL I'm sorry, DICE must feel they are jinxed with bad luck atm.

Oh and it will probably end up that it is the official patch, but I will re-download it anyway as it's only 80 odd megabytes.

Comment

i dont start downloading till EA/Dice acknowledge its release/existence...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetmate
              So do people really think that the EA US official servers and multiple official partners were updated to a leaked unfinished beta version of the ranked 1.2 server version as opposed to the actual thing? Yeah right.
              I couldn't get on any EA server last night, kept getting modified content errors. Only had 30 servers in my browser (about 10 EA ones) and the ones that I could have gotten on were full the whole time, it took ten minutes to get into one, played for a couple rounds and called it a night. If this is the final version of the patch...it sucks. But the sniper scope cropsshairs are AWESOME, and the sound of the shot is very nice.

Doesn't really matter, doesn't take that long to revert if the "official" patch is different, but everything I saw last night looked pretty spot on, everyone ranked up, and all, everything except the version number on the bottom corner seemed right.

Comment

Why can't people just wait? Oh, I suppose the first person to make a thread flaming the new patch gets a cookie...yeah that's got to be it.

Comment

You are so right! LOL

Comment

So the real version is delayed?

Comment

lets wait

Comment

Originally posted by dblEdge
                        Why can't people just wait? Oh, I suppose the first person to make a thread flaming the new patch gets a cookie...yeah that's got to be it.
                        Why do people want to use new OS's and programs when they come out, or test drive a new car? Or use anything that's new, because they want to? Because they like trying new stuff? Maybe the patch WAS leaked by EA/DICE to get consumer feedback so they can last minute tweak it to make it better before "official" release. Maybe all those flamers are doing the community a service trying it out, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                          Maybe the patch WAS leaked by EA/DICE to get consumer feedback so they can last minute tweak it to make it better before "official" release. Maybe all those flamers are doing the community a service trying it out, maybe not.
                          good point

Comment

It's also possible they leaked it early to help with the server load instead of letting the hammer fall all at once upon "official release" no one knows so speculation is silly.

Comment

Not so smart now Razorman01. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X