Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Vid card

Good to be back.

Back on topic - it seems to me that BF2 is very fond of pixelpipelines; even more so than raw MHz or speed. This is not to say that Core and Memory speed are'nt important but the more pixeelpipelines, the faster BF2 can thrash out those per pixel shaders it uses.

My aging 9700 Pro is still serving me well but only after a 30% OC. Default was 325/310 and with proper cooling I can game all day at 411/330. The OC gleans me around 10 FPS in BF2 which isn't much improvement for such a high OC but we all know that in BF2 - a 10 FPS increase makes the difference between playable and not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
      At that price rance you can get a good mid-end card.

The guys in green offer the 6600GS and the boys in red offer the X800GT/GTO. Both are good performers.
      there's a 6600GS? OMG when did it come out... lol

Comment

I gotta say, the 6800GS is prob ur best choice for under 200.

EDIT: ALso, if u like ATi, on newegg.com, the X850XT is going for 210 bucks, but i'm pretty sure the 6800GS can pass the X850XT with it's insane overclocking abilities.

Comment

x800xl is les than $200
          I have it on my son's system
          works great
          1280 x 1024
          aa x2
          all others on high
          shadows off
          dynamic lights low
          fps = 70-90 most all times

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
            x800xl is les than $200
            I have it on my son's system
            works great
            1280 x 1024
            aa x2
            all others on high
            shadows off
            dynamic lights low
            fps = 70-90 most all times
            The 6800GS is better (no, i'm not a nvidia fanboy, i am a proud owner of an X800XL myself), and cheaper (170 vs. 195 dollars). Also, teh 6800GS has AMAZING overclock abilities. I woulda gotten one, but in the day when i bought my rig, there was only two logical choices, the 6800GT, or the X800XL, kinda obvious which one to buy actually, the 6800GT was 400 bucks, the X800XL was 300 bucks, same performance, so teh X800XL wins out by far.

Comment

thanx alot guys i really appreciate the input. i myself am a bit of an nvidia fanboy but im tryin to branch out(i have to admit ive learned more about vid cards in the past week then i care to know) thanx a lot though

-Kaos

Comment

Working...
              X