New Vid card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vid card

im looking in to a new vid card and i stumbled across this one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161146

any one have any opinions.
    (i am also coupling this with another gig of mem cuz ive been squeezing by with 768mb)

Re: New Vid card

Yes on upgrading your RAM, and I also suggest you get an nVidia card as opposed to ATI.

Even so, the card you linked to is nice.

Comment

Yes, it should run the game fine med-high settings, and another gig of RAM will help alot, on gameplay. You could choose a more up to date gfx card but your choice. This should be in hardware.

Comment

Go with nvidia... you will be much happier with bf2 and that card is better for the price.
        What is your price range? Telling us will greatly help us find a good card.

Comment

Or this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130272

Comment

Look at the reviews, first review says "Terrible with BF2"

Comment

For which card?

Comment

Originally posted by PsYcHo.KiLLa
                That's too bad... because that card is really nice for it's price. He needs PCIE.

Comment

Psychokilla, how do you even play BF2 with your computer (at least according to your signature)

Comment

i want that agp 7800.....but i cant afford it *sigh*

Comment

im looking 4 something hopefully under 200$. Thanx for the help so far though.

Comment

Originally posted by kontrolledkaos
                        you can get a 6600gt for under 200 bucks....of course when i got mine it was 200+ (damn it!!). it wont give you super high detail for BF2, but you can get away with medium settings, i myself play on everything low except for view distance and geometry on high with 1024x768, but like i said you can get away with medium settings. i just purposly lower mine for my own preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by kontrolledkaos
                          At that price rance you can get a good mid-end card.

The guys in green offer the 6600GS and the boys in red offer the X800GT/GTO. Both are good performers.

Comment

Pros: Everything all the way up on EQ2 and mostly very fast. Very quite fan. Easy overclocking. HL2 is wonderful....

Cons: Terrible with BF2; graphics have to be on medium and still only FPS in the low 20's, and that's OC'd My 9600XT was better for BF2. Unless there is something else wrong. NFSMW slow too.... More »

Reviewed By: Nd4Spdr, 2/9/2006 8:37:42 PM
                            This reviewer reports that his/her technical understanding of this type of product is high and has owned this product between 1 day to 1 week.
                            Did you find this review helpful?

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
                              At that price rance you can get a good mid-end card.

The guys in green offer the 6600GS and the boys in red offer the X800GT/GTO. Both are good performers.

Good to see you back.

Anyway, both those options are good, though the gto2 would be better if you could find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X