Video Card compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card compatability

I just bought an ATI Radeon 9250 PCI 256mb and install it and the game still doesnt work...the side of the box saidATI Radeon 8500 or higher...can anyone help me out here.....also also upgraded to 1gb of RAM...

Re: Video Card compatability

Are your driver installed or not? Even so, check for driver updates for your video card and for your mobo.

Comment

I installed the CD that came with the card...and updated it to some Catalyst thing...where do I update the Motherboard???

Comment

Find out your motherboard's manufacturer, and go to their website. Find your EXACT mobo type, and you should be able to install its drivers. This should only be the case if you havn't update the drivers in a long-ass time.

Comment

well i guess i should explain a bit more...i can load the game it shows me the inro and then when it gets to the screen to play single player or online...it locks up and does nothing??? i was assuming it was the video card?? could it be something else??
          BTW thx for the help...i am basicallly an idiot when it comes to this stuff...

Comment

I've heard about this before. I'm now almost positive it's your motherboard.

Comment

I have updated my BIOS and I still have the same problem...i get to the profile load page and then it locks up and goes black???

Comment

if you have a refresh rate 3rd party tool it will do that, turn it off..

Comment

Originally posted by dominant1
                  if you have a refresh rate 3rd party tool it will do that, turn it off..

Whats that mean?

Comment

hm search the support forum because I thought PCI versions of the 92xx cards woudnt run bf2.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

the problem is that you bought a radeon 9200 family card. which i would chuck out of my window if somone gave it to me. also, its a PCI card? wow thats not even an agp card. im surprised that bf2 even started up with that thing.

Comment

The 9250 is essentially the same card as the 8500 except the 9250 has a castrated memory bus. While the 8500 has a 128 bit memory bus, the 9250 only has a 64 bit memory bus. It may be listed as a minimum specification but both are only DirectX 8.1 cards (you need a DX 9 card to run most games).

Plenty of tweaking would probably get it to work but if returning it is an option, I recommend you do so.

If you can't return it, I'll tell you how to do a clean install of the drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
                          you need a DX 9 card to run most games)
                          No you don't. :P

You need them for what? F.E.A.R., BF2, and that's it?

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
                            No you don't. :P

You need them for what? F.E.A.R., BF2, and that's it?
                            You need DX 9 to play many of today's popular titles and Windows Vista, comming soon, will require DX 9 to operate.

Comment

i bought the card off ebay and cant return it...i want to play the game but i dont want or need to be spending another $300 for a different card...besides the motherboard i have only has PCI slots no AGP...sucks I know..but when i bought the computer i didnt know any better...i just want to play this game so whatever you can tell me to get it running will help....thx

Comment

Working...
                              X