Regardng Future Unlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regardng Future Unlocks

are unlocks really that important to the players? look at counter strike...some old set of weapons for years, nobody really complains. i think medals/ribbions will keep people busy if they are the type that just play for some kind of award, since many of them are difficult to get. plus, you can always add more ribbions and medals since they dont really need to be loaded in game.

Comment

I dont get how adding 2 unlocks can take up so much ram...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue845
        If I'm understanding this, the P90 and L96 will come as standard in Euro Force - so why is everyone talking about unlocking them? They are standard weapons for the Euros, like the M4 is to the USMC and the RPK to the MEC.
        The F2000, MP-7, MG-36, and G36E are the standard assualt, engineer, support, and medic guns for for the British SAS. The Scar-L is the standard Special Ops gun for US Navy Seals. By unlocking the P90 or L96 you get to use them on all the other maps.

Comment

Originally posted by sarb
          are unlocks really that important to the players? look at counter strike...some old set of weapons for years, nobody really complains. i think medals/ribbions will keep people busy if they are the type that just play for some kind of award, since many of them are difficult to get. plus, you can always add more ribbions and medals since they dont really need to be loaded in game.
          With CS though you had millions of skins. I used to change my player and gun skins almost every week . I had changed the bomb skin as well to a higher poly version as well as the hostages. Then there was all the custom maps available and different game types. All of these things helped keep the game fresh at least to look at.

With bf2 your restricted to the same old maps and the same old player models with a choice of what 12 guns or something. Its all getting rather boring for me already and ive only been playing a couple of months. I played CS about 2 years.

Comment

The memory of games is pushing well past 1Gb now a days, BF2 was the first game to really require 1gb+ for smooth play at highest settings.

Anyone that has 512 should splash out on another 512mb, 512mb sticks are cheap now a days.

Its not fair that games are held back because certain people refuse to upgrade old machines, they should make the unlocks only available in the expansion maps and slap a higher system requirement on the side of the box so people with only a little amount of RAM know not to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
              The memory of games is pushing well past 1Gb now a days, BF2 was the first game to really require 1gb+ for smooth play at highest settings.

Anyone that has 512 should splash out on another 512mb, 512mb sticks are cheap now a days.

Its not fair that games are held back because certain people refuse to upgrade old machines, they should make the unlocks only available in the expansion maps and slap a higher system requirement on the side of the box so people with only a little amount of RAM know not to get it.
              but then they lose all that money from people who dont have more than 512 of ram, and cant buy the boosters/expansions, and Lord knows EA will not miss out on the money making aspect of BF2

Comment

I demmand Tier 3.

Or

All the EF weapons as Tier 2 for SF.

Comment

Working...
                X