Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annoying little event...

Originally posted by DuffMan
    It takes more skill to run up to someone with a knife and stab them than it does blasting them full of shotgun shells.
    I beg to differ. It takes less skill to mash on your keyboard like a damn panzy.

1.2 patch is going to smash alot of dreams.

Keyboard mashers, you're fun is coming to an end! :evil:

Comment

its extremely easy to sprint, dolphin dive, knife.
      if your an armor class you should land it 75% of the time.
      if your an darmor class and its a noob your runnin at it always works.

Comment

similar event, i climbed up a building today and saw a guy up there sniping with his back towards me...i was more than happy to pwn his sorry *** and starting uloading on him with my m249. he stands up, turns around and bunnyhops towards me pulling out his pistol and killing me...i wasn't aware that a pistol stood much of a chance against a SAW in close combat like that...

Comment

Originally posted by raceacontari
          Most likely it was a cause of lag and the bullet hit didn't register. Yesterday while taking a point, I saw my friend shoot a guy...I counted at least 10 times...but the didn't die. I know they were hit because of the several poofs of smoke and the jolting of their person. Sometimes while in a tank I'll shoot a car and see it hit and hear it hit, but the car will drive on not even smoking! Same with AT missiles. Its annoying I know...but there are a lot of causes for it, lag usually being the main cause.
          Yesterday, I was playing and was an APC passenger. I saw a rocket hit the apc and explode but it took no damage.

Also annoying: sneaking up on someone, knifing them (see puff of smoke hit and they were motionless) and then they turn around and kill you.

Comment

Everyone realizes that bunnyhopping wont be going anywhere.

all these noobs who bunnyhop will use it as a defensive tactic. they will jump until you are forced to reload, then fill you full of holes while you swap mags, or switch weapons

Comment

I think the point the orignal poster was trying to make was that he shot the guy several times (it looked like) and got knifed anyway. Weve all had this happen. I have stopped thinking of the game in real life terms, in order to deal with this and other things, and started seeing it as it really is. A bunch of coded pixels moving on a CRT (or LCD whatever). With that in mind I realized that on some servers you have to pull your shots, to the left, to the right, a step ahead of the target a step behind (for enemy soldiers). Some of the servers are off slightly, Lag, Latency, The way the server is running the game code, I dont know what it is but this system works.
              Ill explain. Take an enemy soldier at about 100 meters (distance measured to flag he is close to). Now put your weapon on single shot (works for shot guns too but you need to be much closer) and try to get a head shot. On some servers (about 50% of them) you aim dead center of the head and score a kill while on others you wont ever score a kill (head shot) by aiming dead center. What you have to do is aim at the left ear or right ear, neck, or top of the head. (I learned this by playing sniper) Once you figure which direction the server is off then adjust all shots like wise. If it helps you to compare this to Real life just call it windage, ok. If, say for example, you find everything from your perspective is off to the left just shoot all on coming enemy soldiers in the right arm and you should score hits every time. Yes I know at times it will look like, on your computer, that you missed the soldier but he was killed anyway. Its a combination of the games codeing and the internet latency (Latency=the time it takes a key stroke on your computer to register at the server, yes ping plays a part).
              I almost automatically now know that after 3 or 4 shots I need to readjust all the following shots according to where these registered. I make a mental note and I use Head size as the measureing standard (its the same on all soldiers and relative to distance). I have had to adjust, best i can remember, as mush as 1.5 head sizes on all shots, on cr*ppy servers with higher ping. I hope this helps as I believe its what a lot of seasoned players do. I know I have been doing better in game after accepting that BF2 and real life just dont work anything alike. . . . . . . .Red

I hope that my long posts dont put you to sleep or wind up sounding like Techinical Documents. I always try to make the wording simple so I can understand it too. . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
                It takes more skill to run up to someone with a knife and stab them than it does blasting them full of shotgun shells.
                True, but there is a difference between running up to them and bunny-hopping up to them. Bunny hopping needs to be stopped, and the patch won't do it. The patch will only address firing while hopping. A hop should reduce your stamins by over half, and you shouldn't be able to hop without at least half-stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by CTUnit1
                  the next patch eliminates bunny hopping...
                  The patch is supposedly gonna stop " jump and shoot " bunnyhopping is still gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                    I think the point the orignal poster was trying to make was that he shot the guy several times (it looked like) and got knifed anyway. Weve all had this happen. I have stopped thinking of the game in real life terms, in order to deal with this and other things, and started seeing it as it really is. A bunch of coded pixels moving on a CRT (or LCD whatever). With that in mind I realized that on some servers you have to pull your shots, to the left, to the right, a step ahead of the target a step behind (for enemy soldiers). Some of the servers are off slightly, Lag, Latency, The way the server is running the game code, I dont know what it is but this system works.
                    Ill explain. Take an enemy soldier at about 100 meters (distance measured to flag he is close to). Now put your weapon on single shot (works for shot guns too but you need to be much closer) and try to get a head shot. On some servers (about 50% of them) you aim dead center of the head and score a kill while on others you wont ever score a kill (head shot) by aiming dead center. What you have to do is aim at the left ear or right ear, neck, or top of the head. (I learned this by playing sniper) Once you figure which direction the server is off then adjust all shots like wise. If it helps you to compare this to Real life just call it windage, ok. If, say for example, you find everything from your perspective is off to the left just shoot all on coming enemy soldiers in the right arm and you should score hits every time. Yes I know at times it will look like, on your computer, that you missed the soldier but he was killed anyway. Its a combination of the games codeing and the internet latency (Latency=the time it takes a key stroke on your computer to register at the server, yes ping plays a part).
                    I almost automatically now know that after 3 or 4 shots I need to readjust all the following shots according to where these registered. I make a mental note and I use Head size as the measureing standard (its the same on all soldiers and relative to distance). I have had to adjust, best i can remember, as mush as 1.5 head sizes on all shots, on cr*ppy servers with higher ping. I hope this helps as I believe its what a lot of seasoned players do. I know I have been doing better in game after accepting that BF2 and real life just dont work anything alike. . . . . . . .Red

I hope that my long posts dont put you to sleep or wind up sounding like Techinical Documents. I always try to make the wording simple so I can understand it too. . . . .Red
                    Great post my friend, i understand what yo mean by servers, lag ping and whatnot, and i do the same as you. I find that in some servers you cant get a kill no matter how close you are while in others its dead on. HAHA i cent belive i read all that too!!.

Anyway,to get rid of bunnyhoppng 2 thigns need to be done, Firts off DICE Is ridding one of the 2 by making you not fire while jumping, 2nd is lower how high you can jump to like i foot or less off the ground. IF a soldier wants to get ontop of a box, there should be a action key to do so (like splentercell), this would help out alot.

Comment

I have to honestly say im not bothered about 1 stab kills to the body or head but when you can stab someone in the foot and they die thats just weak.

Comment

Working...
                      X