• Show
Clear All

Re: Master Sergeant or First Sergeant?

Originally posted by signa
    Salad said it best.

He usually does. Wise beyond his years

Comment

Pretty much it will go off on two paths. When you come to each point you will either go one way or the other. I went the vagina rank way (master sergeant) because I had the basic knife and pistol bug where I got the vet ones first. Doesnt matter anyway, when you get to Sergeant Major it has different badge requirements.

###############/---------(First sergeant)------\
      (Gunnery sergeant) -<######################>-(Sergeant Major/MGSGT)
      ###############\-------(Master Sergeant)------/

(ignore the hash)

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
        Pretty much it will go off on two paths. When you come to each point you will either go one way or the other. I went the vagina rank way (master sergeant) because I had the basic knife and pistol bug where I got the vet ones first. Doesnt matter anyway, when you get to Sergeant Major it has different badge requirements.

###############/---------(First sergeant)------\
        (Gunnery sergeant) -<######################>-(Sergeant Major/MGSGT)
        ###############\-------(Master Sergeant)------/

(ignore the hash)

Ah yes, the infamous Veteran/Basic badge bug. I was pretty concerned about that coming up to the 20,000 points and possible First Sergeant promotion but fortunately for me by the time I got there the bug had been ironed out. More info on that in the following thread ...

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47956

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
          He usually does. Wise beyond his years
          Haha, thanks to you both.

Though I hope that's not a cheap shot at my young age,

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
            • At 50,000 points, another check is made. If you have the required badges, you will become Sergeant Major (regardless of whether or not you were First/Master previously). If you do not, you become a Master Gunnery Sergeant.
            • No additional checks are made. If you get that badge you were missing at 79,462, you will not suddenly go up in rank.
            ~Salad
            This is wrong. I got the one badge I was missing at like 51,000 points and 5 minutes later, in the same game, it told me I was promoted to SgtMaj. Been SgtMaj ever since.

I've seen a couple people in this thread say they were promoted after 50,000, but I haven't seen anyone say that they got all of their badges after 50,000 and were Not promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by JonesOneOneFourOn
              This is wrong. I got the one badge I was missing at like 51,000 points and 5 minutes later, in the same game, it told me I was promoted to SgtMaj. Been SgtMaj ever since.

I've seen a couple people in this thread say they were promoted after 50,000, but I haven't seen anyone say that they got all of their badges after 50,000 and were Not promoted.
              Dude, the last time I checked Salad had over 1,000 posts and has more knowledge about the game and its respective software parts than anyone I've heard from on this forum. No offense, and not to say you're incorrect, but I'd do all my homework and make sure my point is right before I challenge him with a "it happened to me" claim.

Comment

Was the bug fixed?

In which, if you had veteran badges by the time you hit 20K points, you were stuck at Master Sergeant, as you did not have the "Basic" badges.

Because I have several veteran badges right now, and I want to know if i'll be stuck with Master Sergeant.

Comment

Working...
                X