Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Sergeant or First Sergeant?

Hi there!

If you don't have all basics and you get 20 000 points, you get to be Master Sergeant, right?
    But if you then get all the basics before 50 000 points, do you get to be First Sergeant directly?

Re: Master Sergeant or First Sergeant?

1st point correct
    2nd point, if you get all the basics before 50,000 you will get sergeant major

Comment

I think you get one shot at being First Sargeant - at 20,000 points. Then, at 50,000, you get another shot, but this time at Sargeant Major, but you need all the basic badges as well as the basic vehicle badges, otherwise you will become Master Gunnery Sargeant. That's my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Rez_K'awil
        I think you get one shot at being First Sargeant - at 20,000 points. Then, at 50,000, you get another shot, but this time at Sargeant Major, but you need all the basic badges as well as the basic vehicle badges, otherwise you will become Master Gunnery Sargeant. That's my understanding.
        Yeah and also once you get badges while being a Master Gunny Sgt you become Sgt Major.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneakypjc
          Yeah and also once you get badges while being a Master Gunny Sgt you become Sgt Major.
          I pretty sure this is incorrect.To my understanding you only have one chance at 20,000 and 50,000. If you do not have all the required badges you do not achieve that rank and you stay and the sub rank (i.e. Master Seargent) till you reach 50,000 and achieve a new rank. I am 99.999999999999999999999% sure this is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser_Weber
            I pretty sure this is incorrect.To my understanding you only have one chance at 20,000 and 50,000. If you do not have all the required badges you do not achieve that rank and you stay and the sub rank (i.e. Master Seargent) till you reach 50,000 and achieve a new rank. I am 99.999999999999999999999% sure this is right.
            I can confirm that. You got one chance, if you don't have your badges in time, you will remain the lower rank, the badges you get afterwards will have no effect on the rank.

Comment

Oh I always thougth that you only had 1 chance at 1st Sgt but you could attain Sgt Major after getting badges. Oh well learn something new everyday.

Comment

you can get sgt major after getting to 50000 by getting the badges my mate done it few days back worked for him

Comment

Seems people are getting confused here. There are really two discussions going on. Let me clarify this issue.
                  • At 20,000 points, when you earn your rank, a check is made. If you have all the basic combat badges, you will go up to First Sergeant. If you do not, you go up to Master Sergeant.
                  • No other checks are made until the next rank. That means if you get that one basic combat badge you were missing at 21,458, you will not suddenly get promoted to First Sergeant. You will remain a Master Sergeant.
                  • At 50,000 points, another check is made. If you have the required badges, you will become Sergeant Major (regardless of whether or not you were First/Master previously). If you do not, you become a Master Gunnery Sergeant.
                  • No additional checks are made. If you get that badge you were missing at 79,462, you will not suddenly go up in rank.

~Salad

Comment

Salad said it best.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

no no no no no my mate wasnt sgt major at 50000 he was the one under it. and at 55000 he got it by getting rest of badges

Comment

If he didn't get the 50k rank previously, he could have lucked out due to the delay in your stats being updated.

I believe he is confused as to what really happed. Or maybe he's lying to you, =)

~Salad

Comment

nah i aint lying dude i play with him his rank went up again after master gunnery to sgt major

Comment

i mean he aint geez i cant type

Comment

Originally posted by J.Malarki
                              i mean he aint geez i cant type
                              Then your budy defied the laws of BF2 and he is a super player I guess..Not held to the standards as the rest of us...I wonder how he achieved such a prestigious honour..

FACT: It did not happen and if it did it was a bug and trust the people who actually know and know several people who are seargent major and who are master gunnery seargent...YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE BADGES FIRST!

Its like you saying you got your expert engineer badge right at 100 hours cause you already had your 40 kills IAR..It dosnt work like that..They have to be done in a cetain order..Its a computer program..Not some random person deciding cause your a nice guy you get to upgrade..

Comment

Working...
                              X