Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this a good setup for a low budget 15 yr old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is this a good setup for a low budget 15 yr old?

Originally posted by Jackass
    Get a job.
    Carefull , some 1 jiHad your arSe

Comment

Originally posted by bisley
      Carefull , some 1 jiHad your arSe
      yeah watch out, allaahhhh akbar... ****ing hell they're going crazy over those comics :P anyways i'm 15 too... save up some money dont buy anything cheap. so dont go for a 6600, you'd might aswell go for a 6800 series agp and pull out those old sticks of ram and put in 1 fresh 1 gigabyte in... ( or 2x512 dual channel if that's possible)

Comment

If you buy an AMD processor you will have more $$ left over for other stuff.

Comment

I used to have a radeon 9200 that was connected to an AGP slot. But since it allways crashed at the splash screen, I bought a new card.

Comment

get a turbo botton

Comment

Yup, you really should consider getting a gig of ram or at least a 6600GT. Btw, i'm 16 and I have a part-time job to get some money to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackass
                Get a job.
                Dude, you just came back from a two week vacation (or one week, can't remember) and already you're flaming? Damn.

Originally posted by Blak_Pheonix_MB
                Go for AMD chips, they are far better for gaming and can get very very cheap and OC alot better (more value for money).
                Right on.

Comment

Originally posted by ulm4lyf
                  get a turbo botton
                  Why must asshelmets constantly invade these threads?

Comment

Originally posted by redearedslider
                    yeah watch out, allaahhhh akbar... ****ing hell they're going crazy over those comics :P anyways i'm 15 too... save up some money dont buy anything cheap. so dont go for a 6600, you'd might aswell go for a 6800 series agp and pull out those old sticks of ram and put in 1 fresh 1 gigabyte in... ( or 2x512 dual channel if that's possible)
                    True you can buy a 6800 GS for quite cheap depending on your currency but I will give you an example:

OcUK GeForce 6800 GS 256MB GDDR3

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

on special offer for £129, if thats still too much for your *budget* then go with a 6600 256 MB, works fine I have one got all settings on medium and some high, but make sure you have 1GB/2GB of RAM.

Comment

Working...
                    X