This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Explanation on this rule from ea

Just gaive the commander one warning about not doing his job and tell him that if he doesn't start commanding he must resign or he will be kicked. EA aren't going to close down your server just because you kicked someone.
    Originally posted by SaladFork
    There is a mutiny button there for a reason, use it.
    The only reason for the mutiny button is to let the commander know you wan't him to resign because the sure as hell won't get voted out. Well it hasn't happened in my 120+ hours anyway.

Comment

i went to the ROE forum and this is out what indianscout replied:

Originally Posted by BF2RS|L3|IndianScout

From feedback EA and our program has been getting there are 2 rules modifications..

1. This rule has be included in the ROE so you may enforce Commanders not doing their job.. This ruling maybe followed by a kick or ban...

§Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding

2. 1.6 players must join a squad has been removed...

thanks

Indian

Comment

Originally posted by =50k=MG
        Apologies if this has already been posted.

2.3 Commander flying instead of commanding - May NOT be enforced you cannot kick or ban for a commander flying or using a vehicle...

How can a commander effectively do his job whilst flying a an aircraft or driving a vehicle.

Being a server admin day in day out you see commanders failing to command because they are doing everything but command.

Your crying out for a supply drop or a uav but the commander takes no notice as he`s driving around Karkand in a tank fighting and not commanding yet server admins can`t do anything about this?
        Its trying to be fair i think, i dont generally run for the planes but the first to spawn has so many things to choose from, commander, tank, copter, apc etc. But it takes a while to get acceptance of commander through, so i can understand how a commander can start off being in a plane, when at a lower rank i often applied assuming to be out ranked but hoping, so i would get in a tank anyway and set out only to find i was accepted. What can you do in enemy territory as new com in a tank, getting out of the tank gifting to the enemy aint a great plan.
        I accept what people are saying as it is daft when a commander lives in a plane for a round but i dont think EA could make it ok to kick/ban people for the sake of the spawn delay which can ofton be the case i have observed. Obviously with rank and experiance i can guess when i will or wont get the job so i now can choose when to be com far better which avoids finding myself in that situation.
        EA simply couldnt make a rule that stated that a com that applied in a vehicle would get a ban if he was accepted (admins can easily abuse such a rule or join mid game when a new com is appointed mid game), although i think it should be at admin descretion to kick or demote if its obvious the player just wants a star on there position.
        It isn't an easy rule to write legislation for, it really could be down to circumstance rather than actual abuse of the position that a com finds himself in a vehicle. Com in a base does need to- at times of solo defence due to deaf team- jump in a tank and save it, it isnt surely right to force the com to let the flag go rather than use a vehicle.
        You could even argue that a rare empty jet captured by the enemy is potentially worse to your tickets than not uav spamming which would suggest the com is doing the right thing for the team.
        I dont know really, its simply not something as black and white as people seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by =50k=MG
          Apologies if this has already been posted.

2.3 Commander flying instead of commanding - May NOT be enforced you cannot kick or ban for a commander flying or using a vehicle...
          Sorry, but you started a thread without even reading the freaking rule.

The 2.3 Rule "You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses. "

The example given "Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding "

This is an offence punishable by kick or ban. How could you interpret it the way you posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Older-OMO
            Sorry, but you started a thread without even reading the freaking rule.

The 2.3 Rule "You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses. "

The example given "Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding "

This is an offence punishable by kick or ban. How could you interpret it the way you posted it.
            And you started such a reply without even reading the freaking thread.

If you would have looked in the thread the rules have been changed to what you pasted after the thread was started.

Comment

My feelings is that a commander should be stationed somewhere (hiding behind a bush/rock) and devote 100% of his/her time on that map to commanding his squads. A commander position is full-time position, not part-time.

It would also be cool for commander to talk to lone-wolfs... maybe patch 1.3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted-
                And you started such a reply without even reading the freaking thread.

If you would have looked in the thread the rules have been changed to what you pasted after the thread was started.
                My page says the thread was started 2 hours ago. The rules were posted prior to when the thread started. When are you saying the thread was started?

Comment

The first revision of the ROE did not have this rule, if you view one of the first posts of the ROE update thread someone quotes the ROE at that time and it says " 2.3 Commander flying instead of commanding - May NOT be enforced..."

You can then see in this very thread at post #29 level 2 admin of BFRS Creeper states that there was just a clarification of the rule. Then quotes the updated ROE.

Comment

due to commuity feedback to EA and BF2RS if you reread the ROE,

the Commander rule has changed per EA..

§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.

This would include but not limited to
                    • § Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding
                    • § Destruction of friendly vehicles
                    • § Excessive team killing
                    • § Team switching to gain medals or awards
                    Commanders who fly or drive around in vehicles instead of doing their job may be kicked or banned...

sorry for the confusion..

IndianScout

Comment

Close the thread. People are debating an issue that has already been resolved.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Indian,

Closed..

Comment

Working...
                        X