Points For Squad Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points For Squad Leaders

I play as squad leader a lot, and I usually do not get that many points because I hang back to allow for moblie spawning. With that in mind, I wish that they would change the way that squad leaders get points, such as points for flag caps by your teammates or increase the size of the cap zone for squad leaders. They would have to be near the flags but not right on them. What do you guys think?

Re: Points For Squad Leaders

I think they should earn 1 team point for every 5 times people spawn on them. Because this shows that he is getting in a good position and helping his squad to get to it.

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem for awarding a squad leader an extra point for every 10th spawn on his position by a squadmember or Maybe 5 points at the end of a map for best squad, but thats about it.

Comment

Yeah usually a good squad leader stays back a bit and doesn't get as many points as everyone else. There should be some teamwork points for having people spawn on you and cap a flag.

Comment

i have always said they should do team rewards, as in the best performing team gets extra bonus points, it shouldn't be just for the leader tho or that would lead to abuse.

Comment

If every squad leader was a good one then I'd say yes, but the sad truth is most just rambo it, and wouldn't deserve it

Comment

Thats a great idea about the number of spawns. But if its based upon the best squad then only 1 leader on each team will get points, and that could be swayed by the whore effect versus leadership and team play.

Comment

No matter what people came up with, somebody would exploit it That's the sad reality.

I just take the good feeling I get from being a good squad leader and use that as my reward Sure, your scores aren't as high, but you're having MUCH more fun!!!

Comment

Nah, I got it. If a squad leader sets an objective(take flag X) and the squad takes that objective then the squad leader should get 2-3 points.

Comment

If the squad leader gets points for that, then the whole squad should receive bonus points for being the best in their army. That would encourage people to get into squads and not just be squad leaders.

Comment

Dam NIce treat...

I will go for the teampoints for every 5 people who spwan on you.
                      because the other thing( the flag take over) can easlliy be exploit

also this will make snipers to be a squadleader more.
                      and everyone know good sniper are always sneaky on the left, right... so you will not be shooted be dead fast.

---------edit---------

I also think this will make a nice addition for the new patch.. so somebody suggest it to Dice i gonna go to bed .

Comment

Originally posted by =50K=Skuzgib
                        If every squad leader was a good one then I'd say yes, but the sad truth is most just rambo it, and wouldn't deserve it
                        yes but there are lots of ways to police that ie: you might get awarded points for capping a flag with other members of your squad at the same time, the more of you on one flag the more points.

Comment

I was toying with ideas on this awhile back. The main thing is that you'd have to reduce the personal points that SLs get if they are getting some sort of bonus.

The formula I came up with is to reduce ALL points scored by the SL by 50%, but then add 50% of the average score for the rest of the squad (tracked as either team or command points).

This would seriously reduce
                          the amount of explotation possible in giving SLs any kind of bonus while still rewarding good SLship.

Wut you peeps thinks?

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                            I was toying with ideas on this awhile back. The main thing is that you'd have to reduce the personal points that SLs get if they are getting some sort of bonus.

The formula I came up with is to reduce ALL points scored by the SL by 50%, but then add 50% of the average score for the rest of the squad (tracked as either team or command points).

This would seriously reduce
                            the amount of explotation possible in giving SLs any kind of bonus while still rewarding good SLship.

Wut you peeps thinks?
                            I think that might just work cause the reduction would keep the squad leaders back because they would not get as many points if they rambo'd in there..

The only flaw I can see intially is if you are in a squad by yourself ( i do a lot) you would just have all your scores cut in half with no benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser_Weber
                              The only flaw I can see intially is if you are in a squad by yourself ( i do a lot) you would just have all your scores cut in half with no benefit.
                              Which is another aspect I like about the idea. It would reduce the number of people wasting squad slots by going solo. I've seen altogether too many people taking Sl positions when they are effectivly just lonewolfing.

Comment

Working...
                              X