Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Teen" rating.

Originally posted by ED-209
    first we all have to remember that to run BF2 you have to have a computer that is not your office 486, that requires dinero, MUCHO DINERO, so I would completely agree that the gaming industry relies on the 24-35 age category as their main base because we can actually buy our toys and not beg mommy and daddy for an X800
    Yah, BF2 doesn't run terribly well on the 499 dollar bundle deal from Dell that mom and dad bought for school work...ya know? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Fuzzy
      What I want to see is a booster pack enabling all the things we should have gotten but didnt. I want blood instead of grey puffs. I dont mean some cheesy red cloud that animates when I hit a guy, I want a hole in his chest leaking into his uniform and pooling at his feet. I want bone fragments, dismemberment, and I want to see my knife soiled when I stab someone. Instead of the seemingly unstrained cries for medics, I should hear dying people screaming and moaning. All of this should be enabled client side, so it would work on any server.
      Will the box include vouchers toward cut price counselling for PTSD?

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
        Yah, BF2 doesn't run terribly well on the 499 dollar bundle deal from Dell that mom and dad bought for school work...ya know? :P
        Actually my Dell at work only failed on the graphics card... there goes any Friday fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tegan
          Actually, by your terrible grammar and the way you talked, it didn't SOUND like the US. I didn't even know you lived in California til you told me, so yah...
          OOH, not this again. Actually, I am in a nationally reknowned University and I have a 3.67 GPA there, with 4.00 GPA on all my English writing and science courses. (ask yourself Tegan, if you were smarter enough to pull straight As on Engineer physics. If you are not, then I am afriad that you are really not on the level to diss my intelligence) Also I have a 700 on my SAT verbal AND I have won a writing scholarship. And of course, I can back all this up with transcripts and certificates.

I always love this moment, seeing how some grammar nazi get pwned just because a good writer doesn't want bother to capitalize every single word that needs to be capitalized. Actually this reminds me of a similar thread when people starts to diss how a person is a skinny gamer who can't lift a chicken, and that person turned out to be able to bench press 300lb, with photographic proof.

I prefer not to use the big words in everyday conversation.

About adults in computer gaming, no offense, but they are a VERY marginalized minority. Sure, there are even adults who have diaper fetish and you can argue, base on the sales of diper to adults, and the fact that some adult buy diaper because of their fetishes, that diapers should be designed for adult only and include sexualized features. But this of course, is grossly wrong.

I believe that adult gamers community have a very little place in the mainstream society (sad but true). I personally do not like that, but that's how our society work. Additionally, I simply don't think games designed for adults make business sense. Operation Flashpoint was definitely adult oriented, but it wasn't as big as a success, comparing to, say, super smash bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
            OOH, not this again. Actually, I am in a nationally renowned University and I have a 3.67 GPA there, with 4.00 GPA on all my English writing and science courses. (ask yourself Tegan, if you were smart enough to pull straight As on Engineer physics. If you are not, then I am afraid that you are really not on the level to diss my intelligence) Also I have a 700 on my SAT verbal AND I have won a writing scholarship. And of course, I can back all this up with transcripts and certificates.

I always love this moment, seeing how some grammar nazi gets pwned just because a good writer doesn't bother to capitalize every single word that needs to be capitalized. Actually this reminds me of a similar thread when people started to diss how a person was a skinny gamer who couldn't lift a chicken, and that person turned out to be able to bench press 300lb, with photographic proof.

I prefer not to use the big words in everyday conversation. (you have trouble enough with the small ones)

About adults in computer gaming, no offense, but they are a VERY marginalized minority. Sure, there are even adults who have diaper fetishes and you can argue, based on the sales of diapers to adults, and the fact that some adults buy diaper because of their fetishes, that diapers should be designed for adult only and include sexualized features. But this of course, is grossly wrong.

I believe that (the) adult gamers community has a very little place in the mainstream society (sad but true). I personally do not like that, but that's how our society work. Additionally, I simply don't think games designed for adults make business sense. Operation Flashpoint was definitely adult oriented, but it wasn't as big as a success, comparing to, say, super smash bro.

I fixed some things for you. Im not going to bash your English too much because it is passable, I just get the impression that English wasn't your first language. I do believe you about your university scores, because I know that because of programs like affirmative action, universities grade minority students with more lenience.

Comment

I fixed some things for you. Im not going to bash your English too much because it is passable, I just get the impression that English wasn't your first language. I do believe you about your university scores, because I know that because of programs like affirmative action, universities grade minority students with more lenience.
              *I'm* really sick of watching you two mentally masturbate

Rev

Comment

Are you kidding? That couldn't even qualify as foreplay.

Comment

First, I am mixed but I consider myself to be white.
                  Second, though English isn't my native language, my university does not have an affirmative action program. Also I doubt that collegeboard's machines grade my SAT more leniently because I am a minority, mind you, my score surpassed 99% of college bound juniors.
                  And third, I found this discussion to be pointless. You can bash my English all you want, but with my credential I can probably change my major to English and get into Harvard Law School.

Do I sound arrogant? Sorry,that's just my reaction toward grammar whore. Personally I consider those who would judge one's intelligence based on his ability to write or speak English to be the lowest scums on Earth. Mind you, grammar whores started the whole theory of white supremacy and racism (hmm, they don't speak our language, then they must be INFERIOR!?)

What a load of non-sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X