What should I upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should I upgrade?

Buy Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-450 450 W ATX12V Power Supply with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Buy PNY GeForce 6800GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card VCG6800SXPB with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

There, leaves you with a little cash, you could put that towards maybe another Gig of RAM, but maybe your better changing your whole RAM all together and buying 2x1GB PC3200 type.

Comment

Sorry,yea it's U.S.

Comment

Does your mobo support PC3200 DDR400 RAM?

Comment

w8.. are you goin for AGP card or PCI-E, becuase Eternal-Souljah's suggestion has a PCI-E card... if you're goin for AGP i woudl go wit this one i gues...
          Buy EVGA GeForce 6800GS 256MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card 256-A8-N397-TX with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Originally posted by cloaker
            sry, US or canadian. (i just dont wanna sugest some wrong prices)

lol, if you post it wrong... just.... blame Canadaaaaa blame canadaaa !!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by redearedslider
              lol, if you post it wrong... just.... blame Canadaaaaa blame canadaaa !!! :P
              i live in canada!

Comment

^Just to add a point to that, GFX cards are probably going to continue to use PCI-E as it is faster and more effective, while AGP is going to stop?

Comment

Yea I will go with a AGP card if I get one,what would I get better performance for BF2 between these two?A power supply and the 6800GS or another 1 gig of memory,the same kind I have and a 6600?

Comment

Originally posted by GuerrillaUnit
                    Yea I will go with a AGP card if I get one,what would I get better performance for BF2 between these two?A power supply and the 6800GS or another 1 gig of memory,the same kind I have and a 6600?
                    It's been suggested in other threads that you need more then 1Gig to get the most out of a highend video card. Also your CPU is not exactly high end anymore, so the performance of a 6800GS may be killed by other bottlenecks in your system.

I think you should choose for a minimal investment now to keep on gaming and start saving for a new PCI-E system. In which case I would buy a 6600 and maybe an extra 512M/1Gig.

Comment

Working...
                    X