the claymore sometime, the next kill was an enemy which was fine but then
    after that

BLOODUK Teamkills Deathknight

F*cking dickhead dont lay claymores

5mins later i see deathknight and he chases me and shoots me

Deathknight Teamkills BLOODUK

This game is ruined sometimes by people who just dont play the game
    correctly whats the point of claymores when you place them out the way
    in full view but still people run over em on your own team!

Re: abusive idiots

theres something about claymores, it doesn't matter where on the map you lay them, your territory, ememy territory, right buy the emeny spawn points, you can almost guarantee that ten seconds after laying it one of your team mates will come from no-where and dive on your claymore, they will then punish you for being so daft as to lay one. The big red skull warning is obviously not enough to warn some people, maybe the skull should flash up on the whole of the screen accompanied by a sirren as well !

Comment

Aren't claymores full of candy?

Comment

i had the same with mines, i places a few on karland to stop the usmc team getting tanks into the built up area, played for a while got killed then saw my score was -8 why can people not see the skull and cross bones in beyond me. also had it with claymore, i don't bother being an enginer any more as its not worth it

Comment

Oh, those things blow up ?
          I thought someone had left the TV remote on the floor!

I know what you mean though. I've had the same with ALL kinds of placed explosive, so i've given up trying to get my BASIC explosives. Sick of accidental TK's (mostly due to people running up to my claymore/driving over my mines etc) followed by getting punished cos they either saw it and thought they'd miraculously be OK, or were driving/running blindfolded or looking for the stereo in the hummvee.
          What gets me is that I just do not punish others for my own stupidity. If i come flying around a corner doing a rally car impression trying to get to an empty flag and I run over a friendly mine, then thats MY fault surely, so no punish.
          I think that some people just vote YES to everything regardless. Mutiny sir? YES! Kick Vote sir? YES Punish sir? YES Oh, bugger, nevermind! you get my drift?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoukaila
            Aren't claymores full of candy?
            some are. The best ones are fill with booze.

Comment

I am the same lamri i don't punish for my own mistakes, i only punish people who mean to kill me. or people that have done really daft things and don't bother to say sorry, team kills in the heat of battle etc i don't punish, although it also makes me mad when people but mines all round a base which is nowhere near the enemy and basically lock the tank in. I do think some people must just drive blind and not take any notice what they drive over, also get mad when people step im front of your tank and punish you.

Comment

To be fair, some people do lay claymores in stupid places. If I see a red warning symbol on my own team's flag, for example, I think it's just a C4 defence trap. Then boom! I die. It's pretty stupid to put one there. Another classic is putting a claymore on a FRIENDLY carrier...nice one, you're getting punished for that one.

Then again, there are the idiots who see a red warning at the top of the ladder they are climbing, ignore it, die from a friendly sniper's claymore, and punish. And then climb the same ladder again just to die again and punish again.

The moral of the story is...don't place claymores except to defend your rear as a sniper. And even then, people will probably go out of their way to set them off. But really, don't put them anywhere you feel like on the map, because people will natually think it's C4 and ignore it. Claymores aren't for just throwing whereever you feel like, unless you enjoy punishes...:laugh:

Comment

Heh heh, ah- you should read the thread on 'The Scientific Laws of BF2'. You will all have a great chuckle and relate to this very well... just have a search here somewhere on this discussion board. It should be a sticky... but I think it already is somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
                    Heh heh, ah- you should read the thread on 'The Scientific Laws of BF2'. You will all have a great chuckle and relate to this very well... just have a search here somewhere on this discussion board. It should be a sticky... but I think it already is somewhere.
                    Yeah, that thread gave me a laugh! well worth a read:laugh:

Comment

I have found that claymores and AT mines are best used as offensive weapons in a time of need. I don't even lay mines anymore unless the enemy is within site coming up a road, and then I remove them if they don't come or die before. Tank capping a flag, throw a mine, then throw a grenade, bye bye tank. Claymores, I just hang out till I'm seen, if someone starts chasing, oldest trick in the book is round a corner and drop a claymore, and as old as it is, it's amazing people will still chase a sniper. If they don't, then go back and throw a grenade at it so a moron, er, team mate doesn't run into it.

Comment

Nice post Auto, fully agree.
                        Good point about the mine+grenade=goodbye tank thing. I don't normally remember to do anything like that.
                        What normally happens with me in that situation is that I get "tank fixation" and run around laying mines for said tank to say hello to and get shot by the creepy spec-ops git who is watching where i've laid them!!

Comment

Had this problem a lot too... I just can't understand that they don't see that DAMN RED SKULL \O/

I always get punish, damn kids :/

Comment

the claymore can annoy me when team m8 run over them so i dont just lay them now.i usaly only drop them when im spotted (sniping) or being chased have a good kill/death ratio with them now.
                            but i think some ppl will just run in to them just to get you punished(maybe there jeliuos of youre score or somthing)
                            looking forward to the patch so i can pick them back up.
                            this will probaly sound stupid but maybe changing the color of diffent explosive devices might help,(red skull = c4 orange skull= claymore ect)
                            or be realy unrialistic and make claymore and mines not go off when a team m8 goes over them(just a thought)

other than that we will have to keep them in our our kit and only use as emergancy!!

Comment

I never punish for getting killed by friendly claymores, it is always an accident at least and most likely my fault.

Saturday night on Karkand I started on the MEC team and right hand side (looking toward the US spawn) there is a long fence with two openings. I claymore them both and find a good spot to pick off any survivors. This worked great the provious round so and help protects the Hotel spawn's right flank. Plus the area behind the fence is still accessable if you simply go around behind the building stone wall.

Well I see one of our guys run string to the opening so the red skull and crossbones must have been in the center of his vision of a couple of seconds at least (he approached the claymores from behind). But still, BOOM... "You have been punished for a teamkill!"...

It can be hard to avoid friendly claymores when they are not obvious though as the trigger and kill range to their front is actually quite high.

But like blade above I tend to only use them to defend a sniping position behind enemy lines. Even then I use them rarely because you have to leave them behind when you relocate. The incident on Karkand was a bit of a one off because I had spotted and enemy squad trying to rush the gaps in that fence in previous rounds and was trying to knock them back.

Comment

Working...
                              X