Repair Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Repair Points

In the last month or so i've started playing as an engi. I love this kit on certain maps. In the 34hrs played i've racked up 260 AT mine kills and 224 shotgun kills. I love the shotgun at close range, it's devastating. If you get into a medium/long range battle, forget the shotgun, chuck a granade and run. I do only play this kit on a server where i don't get FF kills. Too many idiots ignore the BIG red warning, blow themselves up on the AT mine then punish. If you do play on a server with FF not on, a good trick is to go prone, crawl under a vehicle and drop a mine. The first thing most people do when spawning is to jump into a vehicle. As the mine is hidden when underneath the vehicle it's two easy points. As for repairs, they take forever and more often than not get you killed trying. I really try in rounds to repair but have only managed 60 repair points in 34hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
      I wish repairs points happened at least 2x as fast.
      If you repair while in a vehicle, you repair a lot faster then sitting there with your wrench.

Comment

The US/Chinese shotguns are beasts. When I'm playing in matches and someone's at our back flag, I spawn there as engi and proceed to make corpses. I've killed two guys in one shot before multiple times -- nothing makes the other team go WTF when they find me around the corner xP

Comment

If you want more reapir points do this: start repairing the asset and as soon as you get the point leave it and go the other asset, repeat... in this way I got 3 points for repairing 1 UAV and 1 radar. I hope this helps...

Comment

You guys are going about this all wrong.

When you sit at home base or travel with the armor herd, you are repairing. When you are forward offense, especially in CQC, your shotgun is a powerful asset. If you are behind enemy lines, here is how you can make your mines more effective.

Ground vehicles - Crawl under the vehicle and place the mine on the front half of the footprint. This works best when you place the mine so it is out of view of anyone approaching it from a spawn point.

Jets - Place the mine under the jet, but place it on the inside of the landing gear closest to the spawn points. You are trying to make the mine hard to see or even blend in with the landing gears.

As the driver/pilot hops and and rolls forward, BAM! instant mine kill. Also, place mines where it is too late for drivers to react. Example, place mines on the landings where the ramps from the train accident go up to the houses in Karkand. Every time a tank or APC rolls up those slopes, they are blind to the landing's surface due to the tilted angle of the vehicle and the usual fat nose of the vehicle blocking the view.

Comment

This kit is pretty awesome...I've been using it exclusively lately to get my expert engie badge and the USMC shotgun is awesome!

I don't know how I'll get the 25 repair points yet though...maybe a 64 man server thats only a quarter full.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
                This kit is pretty awesome...I've been using it exclusively lately to get my expert engie badge and the USMC shotgun is awesome!

I don't know how I'll get the 25 repair points yet though...maybe a 64 man server thats only a quarter full.
                Do a "circle the wagons" technique. Sit in a vehicle, preferably a tank, and have your allies circle other vehicles around you. If any of them take a hit, you automatically start repairing them. Also, grab a helo and hover near friendly vehicles or destroyed assets to repair on the run.

Oh, and see my post above.

Comment

Originally posted by KC.JADE
                  Getting repair points is useless. Give up. Seriously. Engineer is the most worthless kit in the game unless you're a huge armor whore.

Primary Weapons: Sucky
                  Special Weapons (Mines): Sucky, cause of many rediculous TKs
                  Special Ability (Repair): Useless for getting points. People will be thankful, perhaps, but if you're looking to get up 100 points in the game, do NOT think you'll get it as an engineer!!
                  Don't tell person like myself with over 100 hours as engineer that the class sucks just because u don't know how to play with this class. I've score more points as engineer than with some other classes, like assault and anti tank for example, and I'm not tank whore neither. It's all about placing mines in right spots and repairing(on foot and while driving). The weapons are pretty good too. The jackhammer is superior at close range, and the mp-7 does the job well in mid range encounters. And yeah, whenever I'm in APC or tank, it's nice to be able to repair your own vehicle if you get hit by AT and earn repair point doing so, that is after you kill the person that was shooting at you.

Comment

Working...
                  X