X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Repair Points

Originally posted by KC.JADE
    Getting repair points is useless. Give up. Seriously. Engineer is the most worthless kit in the game unless you're a huge armor whore.

Primary Weapons: Sucky
    Special Weapons (Mines): Sucky, cause of many rediculous TKs
    Special Ability (Repair): Useless for getting points. People will be thankful, perhaps, but if you're looking to get up 100 points in the game, do NOT think you'll get it as an engineer!!
    Don't tell person like myself with over 100 hours as engineer that the class sucks just because u don't know how to play with this class. I've score more points as engineer than with some other classes, like assault and anti tank for example, and I'm not tank whore neither. It's all about placing mines in right spots and repairing(on foot and while driving). The weapons are pretty good too. The jackhammer is superior at close range, and the mp-7 does the job well in mid range encounters. And yeah, whenever I'm in APC or tank, it's nice to be able to repair your own vehicle if you get hit by AT and earn repair point doing so, that is after you kill the person that was shooting at you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Orion126
    This kit is pretty awesome...I've been using it exclusively lately to get my expert engie badge and the USMC shotgun is awesome!

I don't know how I'll get the 25 repair points yet though...maybe a 64 man server thats only a quarter full.
    Do a "circle the wagons" technique. Sit in a vehicle, preferably a tank, and have your allies circle other vehicles around you. If any of them take a hit, you automatically start repairing them. Also, grab a helo and hover near friendly vehicles or destroyed assets to repair on the run.

Oh, and see my post above.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

This kit is pretty awesome...I've been using it exclusively lately to get my expert engie badge and the USMC shotgun is awesome!

I don't know how I'll get the 25 repair points yet though...maybe a 64 man server thats only a quarter full.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

You guys are going about this all wrong.

When you sit at home base or travel with the armor herd, you are repairing. When you are forward offense, especially in CQC, your shotgun is a powerful asset. If you are behind enemy lines, here is how you can make your mines more effective.

Ground vehicles - Crawl under the vehicle and place the mine on the front half of the footprint. This works best when you place the mine so it is out of view of anyone approaching it from a spawn point.

Jets - Place the mine under the jet, but place it on the inside of the landing gear closest to the spawn points. You are trying to make the mine hard to see or even blend in with the landing gears.

As the driver/pilot hops and and rolls forward, BAM! instant mine kill. Also, place mines where it is too late for drivers to react. Example, place mines on the landings where the ramps from the train accident go up to the houses in Karkand. Every time a tank or APC rolls up those slopes, they are blind to the landing's surface due to the tilted angle of the vehicle and the usual fat nose of the vehicle blocking the view.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

If you want more reapir points do this: start repairing the asset and as soon as you get the point leave it and go the other asset, repeat... in this way I got 3 points for repairing 1 UAV and 1 radar. I hope this helps...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The US/Chinese shotguns are beasts. When I'm playing in matches and someone's at our back flag, I spawn there as engi and proceed to make corpses. I've killed two guys in one shot before multiple times -- nothing makes the other team go WTF when they find me around the corner xP

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Harmor
    I wish repairs points happened at least 2x as fast.
    If you repair while in a vehicle, you repair a lot faster then sitting there with your wrench.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Waddle
    replied

In the last month or so i've started playing as an engi. I love this kit on certain maps. In the 34hrs played i've racked up 260 AT mine kills and 224 shotgun kills. I love the shotgun at close range, it's devastating. If you get into a medium/long range battle, forget the shotgun, chuck a granade and run. I do only play this kit on a server where i don't get FF kills. Too many idiots ignore the BIG red warning, blow themselves up on the AT mine then punish. If you do play on a server with FF not on, a good trick is to go prone, crawl under a vehicle and drop a mine. The first thing most people do when spawning is to jump into a vehicle. As the mine is hidden when underneath the vehicle it's two easy points. As for repairs, they take forever and more often than not get you killed trying. I really try in rounds to repair but have only managed 60 repair points in 34hrs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Repair points work like this:

You get 1 point for every full health restore you fix. This means that it would take 2 tanks at 50% damage in order to get one point.

It should be 2 points if you ask me. There's not much incentive on fixing stuff for 1 lousy point. Anyways...if you're trying to get your veteran or expert engineer repair medal, try this little trick:

Go on a 64 player server on Dragon Valley. Be the U.S and park yourself beside the main U.S.S ESSEX gun. That gun is constantly strafed by the Chinese jets and is always in need of repairs. I got my veteran pretty quick this way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I wish repairs points happened at least 2x as fast. You know how hard it is to get 10 repair points? I'll be lucky if I get 3 per round.

Seems to me that its so easy for Support and Medic kits to get Supply/Heal points compared to Engineers. Actually its probalby just as hard for Medics to get Heal points, since Supply gets 1 point even if you just need 1 clip - Medics, like engineers get 1 point for healing/repairing someone from 0 health (2 people at 50% health gets 1 point).

However, Medics have Revive which allows them to get 2 points per revive. Too bad Engineers don't have something to help get Repair points faster.

Leave a comment:

• .Churr.
    replied

Yep, that shotgun pwnz...

Being an engineer simply sucks; sometimes you repair a FLAMING vehicle and will get no points... Man, I don't even know how I actually got my Vet. Engineer badge...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Yup, thats only reason why I would EVER play the engi kit.

The Mines actually aren't that bad either. You actually have some defense against those pesky tanks and vehicles. Just toss one up in front and behind it, and wallah, instant trap..pretty hilarious if they actually see you doing it!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by D|sso
    Oh my God, I am LOVING the USMC default shotgun for engi!!

It's the only true 1 shot 1 kill weapon in the game, and it is a BEAST! I really don't get why people don't use it much. It's great on karkand for the first few flags in the close allyways, and can hit things surprisingly far as well!
    Exactly my point, you'd be suprised on how many kills you could get with it. Although it seems to suck at medium range - no suprise there... however its a great gun if your a good aim.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Oh my God, I am LOVING the USMC default shotgun for engi!!

It's the only true 1 shot 1 kill weapon in the game, and it is a BEAST! I really don't get why people don't use it much. It's great on karkand for the first few flags in the close allyways, and can hit things surprisingly far as well!

Leave a comment:

• Splinter
    replied

at first i never played engy but over the last month Ive racked up 30+ hours as 1. I do injoy playing as 1, as for weapons well either stick with normal US or PLA shottys or use M-p7 because they are both very good (not much else in this game owns a bunnyhopping noobtuber like a pumpaction) to get repair points hop in a BH on Mashturr, sit in the back repair no stop. You will get repair points, teampoints and kill assits (if the gunners are good)
    the reason why repair points are hard to get is well think medic if they were easy, it's just so tanks dont own even more, cause who wants to attack a tank with 32 engys around it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X