Repair Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Points

I'm not THAT often an engineer but when I am i'm totally baffled by how repair points work. I'll completely repair the UAV for example and *pop* you got a repair point! so all excited at the prospect at earning more points I leap and bound over to the broken artilery and proceed to happily wrench away at thin air. The bar reaches max strength and here I am waiting expectantly for my reward.

nothing.

so.... how exactly do these points work. Do they just pop up at random intervals? Seems pretty pathetic considering Mr. SpecOps on the other team bumbles over to my spawn in his retard bus, leaps out and thrusts his sticky little C4 all over the commander toys. boom. He reaps 2 points a peice in 2 seconds flat. Then I run over and wrench till the cows come home to get a smile and a nod from the commander. joy.....

So any explainations would help

On a side note everyone who plays BF2 SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO THE RADIO MESSAGES AND PICK PEOPLE UP WHEN THEY SPAM I NEED A RIDE 50 THOUSAND TIMES.

thank you, have a nice day.

Re: Repair Points

Getting repair points is useless. Give up. Seriously. Engineer is the most worthless kit in the game unless you're a huge armor whore.

Primary Weapons: Sucky
    Special Weapons (Mines): Sucky, cause of many rediculous TKs
    Special Ability (Repair): Useless for getting points. People will be thankful, perhaps, but if you're looking to get up 100 points in the game, do NOT think you'll get it as an engineer!!

Comment

You get 1 repair point per every...like 100 points of repair you do...meaning, completely blown up UAV trailer. You can repair it, and chances are the moment you completely repair it, you'll get a repair point. So basically to get these hard to get points, you have to do a lot of repairing. Its like bringing something from zero health/armor back to 100% again..so if you run into a half damaged tank, repair it, then run into another half damaged vehicle, you'll get 1 repair point. Stupid..yes I know...hard to get points for a lot of work you have to do...leaves you very vulnerable.

Comment

you need an engineer on blackhawks, period.
        if you plan to go armor on karkand (or anywhere), you should be engineer. it takes about 6 seconds to pop smoke, jump out, and repair damage from an AT missile. way better than getting blown up.
        if you fly in an attack chopper, be engineer in case you can't repair on a pad.

it's not about the repair points... it's about how you use that class.

Comment

Also, if you are commander, you should always play engineer to repair the assests in case they get blown up. Did you know that if you repair the assests as commander, you still get reapir points? They just don't count towards your IAR team points. This is how I got most of my repair points.

And jade, you obviously do not know how to play engi. I've got a decent amount of 100+ games as engi. You can't beat a shotgun on Karkand, particularly the Jackhammer.

Comment

I have been playing engineer alot recently and boy is it a pain!!

THe Skull and Cross bones is not CANDY!!!

Man I played one round where I dont think one enemy hit my mines. Every stinking one of them was blown up by friendlys!!!! And I placed alot of mines!...

I will end a game with 10+ kills and 5 points (and that is a good round ) Just from all the guys hitting my mines.

Then on top of that the devs are nerfing the MP7!! Which did not make the kit good but made it fun to play once in a while.

I think they should make it that mine tks have half the negative # that all other TKs do and then make the friendly that drives over them to get a negative of the same amount whether they forgive or not.

Comment

Engineer is great if you want to just grab a tank and make it your pet for like 20 minutes on end. As for the repair points, if you want those, just tailgate tanks/APCs with a repair jeep, or hop in a vehicle and use it to repair destroyed commander assets. Repairing an asset to full will ALWAYS get you a repair point.

And no, engineer does not suck. Nothing screws an enemy team over like their AT wasting all of their missiles on something that can't even be killed because you're repairing it. Bombers seldom hit my tanks directly, meaning I can repair them and move on. In general, if you're going to hop in the tank, you should be engineer.

Comment

I've got my expert support, spec ops and medic and now I'm going after my engi, seeing that I have the lowest hours on it. The only way this kit is usefuless is through mines and the odd shotgun is quite good if you can aim although everyone knows and a horrible issues, if used correctly, you can get lots of kill with them. Repair points work on the basis on how long you repair something. Mostly 1 point per Arty is correct but sometimes it's less.

Comment

at first i never played engy but over the last month Ive racked up 30+ hours as 1. I do injoy playing as 1, as for weapons well either stick with normal US or PLA shottys or use M-p7 because they are both very good (not much else in this game owns a bunnyhopping noobtuber like a pumpaction) to get repair points hop in a BH on Mashturr, sit in the back repair no stop. You will get repair points, teampoints and kill assits (if the gunners are good)
                  the reason why repair points are hard to get is well think medic if they were easy, it's just so tanks dont own even more, cause who wants to attack a tank with 32 engys around it.

Comment

Oh my God, I am LOVING the USMC default shotgun for engi!!

It's the only true 1 shot 1 kill weapon in the game, and it is a BEAST! I really don't get why people don't use it much. It's great on karkand for the first few flags in the close allyways, and can hit things surprisingly far as well!

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                      Oh my God, I am LOVING the USMC default shotgun for engi!!

It's the only true 1 shot 1 kill weapon in the game, and it is a BEAST! I really don't get why people don't use it much. It's great on karkand for the first few flags in the close allyways, and can hit things surprisingly far as well!
                      Exactly my point, you'd be suprised on how many kills you could get with it. Although it seems to suck at medium range - no suprise there... however its a great gun if your a good aim.

Comment

Yup, thats only reason why I would EVER play the engi kit.

The Mines actually aren't that bad either. You actually have some defense against those pesky tanks and vehicles. Just toss one up in front and behind it, and wallah, instant trap..pretty hilarious if they actually see you doing it!

Comment

Yep, that shotgun pwnz...

Being an engineer simply sucks; sometimes you repair a FLAMING vehicle and will get no points... Man, I don't even know how I actually got my Vet. Engineer badge...

Comment

I wish repairs points happened at least 2x as fast. You know how hard it is to get 10 repair points? I'll be lucky if I get 3 per round.

Seems to me that its so easy for Support and Medic kits to get Supply/Heal points compared to Engineers. Actually its probalby just as hard for Medics to get Heal points, since Supply gets 1 point even if you just need 1 clip - Medics, like engineers get 1 point for healing/repairing someone from 0 health (2 people at 50% health gets 1 point).

However, Medics have Revive which allows them to get 2 points per revive. Too bad Engineers don't have something to help get Repair points faster.

Comment

Repair points work like this:

You get 1 point for every full health restore you fix. This means that it would take 2 tanks at 50% damage in order to get one point.

It should be 2 points if you ask me. There's not much incentive on fixing stuff for 1 lousy point. Anyways...if you're trying to get your veteran or expert engineer repair medal, try this little trick:

Go on a 64 player server on Dragon Valley. Be the U.S and park yourself beside the main U.S.S ESSEX gun. That gun is constantly strafed by the Chinese jets and is always in need of repairs. I got my veteran pretty quick this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X